Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

LOWER RAILJACK RESOURCE REQUIRMENT

buff7879

2 hours ago, Cloudyvisage said:

I wouldn't worry overly about it, DE tends to front load the costs on a lot of things to slightly hinder the people who want to run over the content as fast as possible, they almost always change them to be cheaper after a while. With the Hema being an odd and specific counter-example, I think they just put their foot down cuz unless you were a moon clan (That's just impossible) it was supposed to be very hard to get and require clan participation.

If you can't afford it then play the game like normal, build yourself up and acquire the resources, even if they don't lower the cost, it's not that extreme, from what I've seen most people will only need to farm plastids (Of the old resources) and... That's pretty much it, Plastids are the only resource that most people use often enough and don't have plenty of reserves of because they drop in low amounts infrequently and are spent in higher amounts. Or at least that's what I've seen form other players, perhaps the planets that give plastids (Uranus... Mars?) aren't farmed as much.

yeah im actually on a strict computer schedule so i use my phone to drill resources from other planets

• Like 1

On 2019-11-28 at 9:45 PM, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Mandatory "Railjack is too expensive, new players should be able to get it day one instead of enjoy the rest of the game while they arrive to it" topic of the day.

Seriously, can we get a ban on this kind of topics? It's been already discussed and it's like beating a dead horse. If you think the railjack is too expensive for you, then you are clearly not ready to build it. Keep playing and you'll get there. You don't need to do everything the day it releases, and don't tell me that you have everything done already because you're just MR10, you didn't even unlock all the weapons of the game yet.

I didnt say that i have everything and have done everything...

I also didnt say that we should get it in one day.

• Like 1

At first I didn't mind because I :

- have a stockpile of resources.

- received most new types of resources passively just by chasing liches. I didn't even realize what they were.

- have plenty of gear to efficiently farm what im missing.

- am actively playing.

But then I started thinking about friends that may be enticed to return for railjack. It's going to be a considerable slap in the face to come back to this obnoxious list of materials stacked on top of staggered and mandatory 12 hour build times.

It's going to chase them away. 

I hope they consider toning it down....a lot when its live. Right now it doesn't matter and gives us bored people a goal.

Edited by IIDMOII

35 minutes ago, IIDMOII said:

At first I didn't mind because I :

- have a stockpile of resources.

- received most new types of resources passively just by chasing liches. I didn't even realize what they were.

- have plenty of gear to efficiently farm what im missing.

- am actively playing.

But then I started thinking about friends that may be enticed to return for railjack. It's going to be a considerable slap in the face to come back to this obnoxious list of materials stacked on top of staggered and mandatory 12 hour build times.

It's going to chase them away. 

I hope they consider toning it down....a lot when its live. Right now it doesn't matter and gives us bored people a goal.

Yeah, it's been the same with plenty of updates in the past, I don't expect the cost to remain where it is, but, again, even if it does that's not the end of the world cuz it just means it can be built over time, it's like building a particularly expensive warframe. Vauban Prime is a good example, I just started to farm him and realized how much Oxium he cost AFTER I had built a ton or auroxium alloy which is, what, 400 Oxium per unit of 20? When I finished 200 units and saw what Vauban's build requirements were? I was quite annoyed, after all, Oxium isn't really a resource that I tend to have a bunch lying around cuz of how it's farmed.

Still built him by farming over the course of the next few weeks with some occasional intense Io runs. For anyone who has a stock of the super common resources this isn't really a problem, if you're low on the lower quantity common resources it might require some decent farming but I really don't think this should take LESS time than a warframe, even ignoring actual build time.

• Like 1

I started playing 3 years ago. Its taken this long to feel like I've finally gotten almost everything under my belt. 

• Ostron Rep
  • Solaris Rep
  • Quills Rep
  • Vox Solaris Rep
  • All Primed mods
  • All Prime weapons
  • All Prime warframes
  • All arcanes rank 10 (except grace/energize. I sell those)
  • Almost all standard weapons/warframes
  • Know how to do all positions on Eidolons
  • All Kubrows, Kavats, and Sentinels
  • Completed all focus pools
  • Builds for Arbitrations
  • Builds for Eidolons
  • Builds for disruption
  • Builds for defection
  • Builds for speedruns
  • Builds for Plague Star
  • Builds for mining
  • Builds for Orokin cells
  • Builds for Kubrow Eggs
  • Builds for Lvl 100 Assasinations

It honestly scares me to think of a new player starting the game now. There is SOOO much to do. Starting 6 years into the game I dont even know if its possible to get everything... the amount of grind

Edited by OminousVortex

22 hours ago, GruntBlender said:

Do you happen to have some boosters?

Yes of course I do have a Credit Booster and Chroma's Effigy :clem:

I mean...if you want to farm sth without a Booster you can't complain about taking too long, can you?

Even a Login Booster is sufficient enough.

22 hours ago, GruntBlender said:

The base rate is more like 125k/10min

If you or your team are this slow you are not meant to use this method at all. 5 Minutes is a decent casual run. Further info: record is under 3 minutes solo.

And that's why I listed Index as well. If your team knows what they are doing you can easily win a round in 4 minutes (500k*4 + loading times = 2m in 20 minutes; 4m on a Credit Booster weekend)

On 2019-11-28 at 1:50 PM, GnarlsDarkley said:

It is too much? Can you elaborate please?

• 6m credits - 60 minutes total farm
    • 500k per 5 minutes PT
    • 2m per 20 minutes Index
  • 120 Copernics - 12min Orb Vallis
  • 100 Cubics - appx 20 minutes Cholistan
  • 120 Carbides - took me 5 minutes (5 Waves Seimeni)
  • 100 Pustrels - 11 minutes Eidolon

and my Cat was like "Hurr Durr, Me NoT kNoW hOw BuFf WoRk111 but let me stay in your way" all the time. Like seriously I had not a single Charm buff the whole time.

To conclude:

• 60 Minutes Credits
  • 12 Minutes Venus
  • 20 Minutes Europa
  • 10 Minutes Ceres (being generous here)
  • 11 Minutes Earth

totals in: 93 Minutes to farm the "bottleneck" resources. This is nothing compared to even some new frames. And you don't even have to grind hard because you still have 12hrs to wait several times

Proof:

Reveal hidden contents

GyVDFxz.jpg

ad7YX8L.jpg

xPow3P4.jpg

QiKvgDn.jpg

Bonus: Hurr-Durr cat

Ix9HNQo.jpg

including cubids, carbides and the mined ressources i had everything within 3 hrs and was done with the farm 😁

4 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

5 Minutes is a decent casual run.

*decent meta run

You and I have vastly different ideas of "casual". 

4 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Chroma's Effigy 

Ugh. This is why CO was nerfed to hell and back, why catchmoon was nerfed. The "if you're not using X you're doing it wrong" thing is a huge problem throughout the game. I know, I know, "right tool for the job", but there are dozens of frames with no job sitting around. The game needs nerfs galore and a giant balance pass.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I mean...if you want to farm sth without a Booster you can't complain about taking too long, can you?

Considering boosters are either paid or dependent on RNG (sortie rewards, daily login, rare containers or if Baro brings it any given week) and the base rate of resource gain should be satisfying on its own, then yes you can complain.  You're coming at this from entirely the wrong angle, and keep in mind I was one of the first people to say the thread OP didn't have a leg to stand on.  Good game design shouldn't rely on predominantly paid aspects to make resource collection reasonable.

17 hours ago, OminousVortex said:

It honestly scares me to think of a new player starting the game now. There is SOOO much to do. Starting 6 years into the game I dont even know if its possible to get everything... the amount of grind

This is a good thing. This means new players have a lot to do before they jump on the "content drought" train.

On 2019-11-29 at 7:47 PM, IIDMOII said:

I don't think that you have experienced many slaps in the face if you think that entitled (former/non) players who return expecting to have stuff just handed to them, finding that they need to put in a modicum of effort, is a "slap in the face". 

But hey, I generally think that a lot of people using that phrase these days, deserve one. Maybe imr just old school like that. 

If you have trouble building the Railjack you dont play long enough to deal with the Sentients in the new war. MR10 is nothing. In general MR dont proofs anything. How many hours do you played in general? I dont think you are ready for the new war if you think THAT is hard

The only things that bothered me were the 6M credits cost and the 15 argon. If the Railjack locks players from progressing in the questline, I see it as a bad decision because some resources requires only time to hoard without really much that you can do, so I can see players with the minimum MR for the quests struggling to finish the railjack.

I'm MR24 and this is the first time i went past the 4M credits mark. Got 2 credit boosters from login rewards and farmed it in the index. Not really a complain, but this was my biggest credit grind so far.

The problem about the Argon is that you need 15 AT ONCE. If it was spread like each part requiring 2 or 3, it would be much better than having to farm all of them at once.

Pustrels were done in 1 and half runs in the first cave to the left of the gate easily.

The Cubics and Carbides were easy enough to farm.

I'm out of Orokin Cells like always, but I got quite a few of them while farming Carbides, so also no problem.

Copernics I still need to farm, but if it goes like the pustrels, no problem.

And the other resources I didn't even need to look at them because of 2000+ hours of playtime

2 hours ago, Daiwulf said:

The problem about the Argon is that you need 15 AT ONCE. If it was spread like each part requiring 2 or 3, it would be much better than having to farm all of them at once.

If you actually loot everything on any void mission, you should likely get 1-3 per mission even without boosters. You can deposit them and not have to worry about them decaying. It's only difficult if one runs through a capture mission only doing the capture and thinks they need to deposit all 15 at the same time. But even 15 at once isn't even that big a deal if you're farming them correctly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daiwulf said:

Argon is incredibly easy to get. void capture and open lockers and break containers and thats it. its probably a bit boring because of how easy it is.

• Like 2