Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Hush Rifle Mod.

Aimop95

Doesn't this mod, as well as the pistol mod Suppress, make Banshee's ability Silence more or less obsolete?

Just thought I'd bring this to attention because I personally love playing with Banshee and I'd hate to see one of her abilities become practically useless.

Banshee sucks anyways >_>

Completely opinion, in my experience banshee is the most useful support warframe for dealing with bosses as well as mobile defense and endless defense, being capable of knockdown, stun lock, and the ever useful sonar which maximizes an entire team's dps. That's my $.02 anyways.

where were we?

right, silence. For how good banshee's other abilities are, this one has always been obsolete unless you run solo stealth missions. These new mods, while still usually useless,  are generally more useful when stealth rushing by yourself or with friends. Both are useless in PUGs.

One's a skill on a warframe and the other takes up slots on a weapon.

Banshee sucks anyways >_>

LOL

Yea No.

I just feel that if such mods exist, Banshee should get a new ability. I mean, who would use silence if there is a mod for that?

I don't even use Silence before Hush came out.

Almost every Frame got a useless skill. Well, shouldn't say useless, since that's opinionated. It's more or less WAY LESS effective skill.

Edited by Rain-Maker

Completely opinion, in my experience banshee is the most useful support warframe for dealing with bosses as well as mobile defense and endless defense, being capable of knockdown, stun lock, and the ever useful sonar which maximizes an entire team's dps. That's my $.02 anyways.

rhino can do that and more, easier too...

just sayin.

LOL

Yea No.

I don't even use Silence before Hush came out.

Almost every Frame got a useless skill. Well, shouldn't say useless, since that's opinionated. It's more or less WAY LESS effective skill.

There are "useless skills" and then there are skills covered by a mod. When the latter happens, the warframe should get a new skill, just so it doesn't become the only frame where quite literally it only has 3 useful abilities. 

Still, I'm hoping she does get a new skill...

rhino can do that and more, easier too...

just sayin.

Yes, because Rhino has a 14 energy room-wide knockdown. He also has 450 energy and an alternate helmet based around efficiency so he can cast all his abilities for a very cheap price. He can even improve damage by 650%! Let's not forget how his stunlock stuns enemies that come after the ability is cast.

Rhino's a fairly good, all-around Frame, but Banshee specializes in CC/support more.

Edited by AlchemistMute

Yes, because Rhino has a 14 energy room-wide knockdown. He also has 450 base energy and an alternate helmet based around efficiency so he can cast all his abilities for a very cheap price. He can even improve damage by 650%! Let's not forget how his stunlock stuns enemies that come after the ability is cast.

Rhino's a fairly good, all-around Frame, but Banshee specializes in CC/support more.

Nova... Rhino is better than banshee all around though, better stun that deals more damage. knockback that moves while trampling enemies, and also his roar is roar. Silence is 120% useless, more useless than useless, and needs to be changed.

Yeah, Banshee completely sucks outside her niche, pretty central to her niche of high-level defense, but outside of it she's just outclassed now (now that she ever had a place, because you need 6x damage vs normal mobs, right?)

I'd rather take some kind of AI team-carrier than her on normal missions

Edited by Aishi

Does the Hush mod work for you guys? 'Cause it's not doing diddly squat for the Ignis that I'm using, even if the flames are out of their line of sight. I could be in a different room and the drums start playing right when I puff an ember onto a storage container.

Does the Hush mod work for you guys? 'Cause it's not doing diddly squat for the Ignis that I'm using, even if the flames are out of their line of sight. I could be in a different room and the drums start playing right when I puff an ember onto a storage container.

And how exactly is a silencer mod supposed to work on a regular Flamethrower? o_O

I'm sure there are a few weapons on the black-list when it comes to those mods.

AlchemistMute, on 30 Sept 2013 - 12:11 AM, said:

Yes, because Rhino has a 14 energy room-wide knockdown. He also has 450 base energy and an alternate helmet based around efficiency so he can cast all his abilities for a very cheap price. He can even improve damage by 650%! Let's not forget how his stunlock stuns enemies that come after the ability is cast.

What game are you playing that has Banshee with 450 base energy? It's 225 base, at rank 30.

Banshee's abilities only cost 10% less than Rhino's, if Banshee has her helmet but both are using streamline.

And sure, Banshee can improve damage by 650% if completely modded for it. It is especially awesome when the part that is supposed to glow does not, or when the part glowing happens to be on the part of an enemy hit box that sometimes does not seem to register. Rhino, in contrast, just gives a straight up 50% (unmodded) damage boost no matter where someone is hitting. Rhino's damage boost also has the unfortunate consequence of increasing damage to enemy shields, which is clearly outclassed by Banshee's Sonar only increasing damage to enemy health.

Rhino Stomp is also clearly losing to Banshee's Sound Quake, because the 25 meter (base range) and 8 second stun —while being able to immediately move after casting and lay extra damage into the slowly falling enemies— is clearly vastly inferior to Soundquake's 20 meter (base range) 6 second stagger that keeps Banshee locked in place for those 6 seconds allowing only up to 3 people lay damage into the stunned enemies instead of a full team of 4.

In all seriousness, about the only ability Banshee truly has over Rhino is knockdown, and even that is barely better, because Rhino's charge may not hit in a 180 degree cone up to 15 meters away, but it can knock down quite a few enemies in a straight line while doing significant damage.

And in the end, Rhino has 4 good abilities, Banshee only has 3. Rhino is better all around. Not saying that is a good thing, but it is what it is.

Nova... Rhino is better than banshee all around though, better stun that deals more damage. knockback that moves while trampling enemies, and also his roar is roar. Silence is 120% useless, more useless than useless, and needs to be changed.

1. Better stun that deals more damage for a ton more energy. If you compare their ults, you see that Rhino Stomp deals a good amount of damage while Sound Quake deals no damage. They both have a stun, but Banshee's stun is able to stun enemies that come after the ability is cast. If you stun every enemy within 25 meters with Rhino Stomp, you'll need to cast it again for enemies that weren't within the radius. IMO, Sound Quake has better CC.

2. I never said Silence is good. I want it to be changed too.

3. 50% damage vs. 500% damage if you shoot a giant glowing spot. If the game f***s up and puts the orange spot on a place you can't shoot, cast it again. It's cheap, anyway. Roar is more reliable though..

I'm not saying Rhino is bad, and you shouldn't say Banshee "sucks". (@the people who just called her useless) She excels at CC/support. She's specialized at it. Rhino can be brought on any team going to any mission, while Banshee probably wouldn't be so useful outside of defense/survival. But she doesn't suck.

I go rambo on missions below level 60. When it's 60+ (except for extermination, or rescue) I'm forced to go with stealth, however I don't use the rifle silencer mod because it would make me forfeit damage. So instead of using a silencer mod I always end up using a high damage silent weapon, with a stealth based Warframe (Ash, or Loki). Banshee isn't really useful for offensive stealth imo, especially against high level minions.

What game are you playing that has Banshee with 450 base energy? It's 225 base, at rank 30.

Banshee's abilities only cost 10% less than Rhino's, if Banshee has her helmet but both are using streamline.

And sure, Banshee can improve damage by 650% if completely modded for it. It is especially awesome when the part that is supposed to glow does not, or when the part glowing happens to be on the part of an enemy hit box that sometimes does not seem to register. Rhino, in contrast, just gives a straight up 50% (unmodded) damage boost no matter where someone is hitting. Rhino's damage boost also has the unfortunate consequence of increasing damage to enemy shields, which is clearly outclassed by Banshee's Sonar only increasing damage to enemy health.

Rhino Stomp is also clearly losing to Banshee's Sound Quake, because the 25 meter (base range) and 8 second stun —while being able to immediately move after casting and lay extra damage into the slowly falling enemies— is clearly vastly inferior to Soundquake's 20 meter (base range) 6 second stagger that keeps Banshee locked in place for those 6 seconds allowing only up to 3 people lay damage into the stunned enemies instead of a full team of 4.

In all seriousness, about the only ability Banshee truly has over Rhino is knockdown, and even that is barely better, because Rhino's charge may not hit in a 180 degree cone up to 15 meters away, but it can knock down quite a few enemies in a straight line while doing significant damage.

And in the end, Rhino has 4 good abilities, Banshee only has 3. Rhino is better all around. Not saying that is a good thing, but it is what it is.

On top of that, Rhino is tanky as F*** and Banshee is fragile at best.

We do not need to argue about this, really. Rhino feels well rounded, useful and his biggest weakness, the slow speed, is countered by a helmet.

Banshee is still a useful and fun-to-play warframe, but it lacks a lot if you compare to others.

I like playing with my Banshee. Enough said.

Though if the hush mod makes the Silence useless, then doesn't that mean Banshee will get a new ability at some point? And I should not forma my Banshee just yet?

Or should I do it anyway?