Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, About That Glaive.

KF5AQX

Weeks ago, when I first got the Glaive, I was confused by the stats. A thrown disk of death only did about as much charge damage as a sword. I shrugged it off as balance, and had fun anyway.

Fast forward to now, when the Galatine has basically thrown charge balance out the window. Glaive's design shows that it should have high charge damage, possibly beyond that of a sword. A sawblade can cut far deeper than any sword, due to how it works, so why don't triple spinning blades at least do similar amounts of damage?

All I'm asking is a small buff to the Glaive's charge damage. It's a very difficult to obtain weapon, so following DE's new design, it should be more effective. Just 200 or 250 charge damage would be amazing. 400 would probably make the forums explode with cries of OP.

I have mine at rank 27 and when thrown im hitting 900+ on anything bellow level 70-75 which is an insta-kill (not bosses though it blows out their shields XD )..so with proper modding the glaive is a immensely powerful weapon. Not counting it is a stealth weapon....so quiet insta kill.... :D

I do understand your logic behind it but its warframe...we have a weapon that launches saw blades at an almost unlimited range....soooo X_X

Edited by QuinnsWing

I have mine at rank 27 and when thrown im hitting 900+ on anything bellow level 70-75 which is an insta-kill (not bosses though it blows out their shields XD )..so with proper modding the glaive is a immensely powerful weapon. Not counting it is a stealth weapon....so quiet insta kill.... :D

I do understand your logic behind it but its warframe...we have a weapon that launches saw blades at an almost unlimited range....soooo X_X

Holy crap, what's your build??? I can't get insta-kills with it past 40ish.

Oh, I'm not denying that it's a powerful weapon. I easily one shot things with it. But no where near the level I can one shot with my Gram, or my soon to be Galatine.

Plus, come on. It's bad form to have the signature weapon of the Tenno be outclassed by a sword.

As much as i'd like to see a damage buff for charge attacks on Glaive and Kestrel, i'm fine with the 150 charge damage they hold right now.

It can easy hits 300 cuz headshots and hit the same target twice if you have quick return. So pretty much Glaive is one of the "Melee" weapon perefctly balanced for mid-end game.

Admittedly, I don't have powerthrow, so that might help... Regardless, thanks for all your opinions. Please don't take me wrong, I'm not saying Glaive is puny, I'm pointing out that for a weapon that's so hard to acquire, it's sub-par compared to other high tier weapons. If DE wants to use the logic of "Harder to obtain/higher mastery rank = Better," then Glaive deserves to be in the upper-mid tiers.

Glaive, with Power Throw, has no enemy target-limit like the other melee weapons do (5 max on Orthos/Galatine, 3 max on every other multi-targeting melee). It and Kestrel are also the only melee weapons without damage fall-off on charge attacks, so they deal full damage to every enemy they hit; other melee weapons, however, have a damage fall-off of 75%, meaning that they deal geometrically decreasing damage the more enemies they hit per swing (for example: 100 against the first enemy, 75 on second, 56 on third, 42 on fourth, etc.).

yeah if you kit it out with full charge damage, single bounce, and puncture, you can 1 shot almost anything below 140 on the way out, and finish off what's left on the return trip.

My loadout looks like this if you don't believe me:

Melee Channel

Power Throw

Quick Return

Focus Energy

Sundering Strike

Rending Strike

Molten Impact

Killing Blow

all max rank, catalyst, unpolarized.

And it's ranged melee. It's ranged. You don't even have to be near a Heavy Gunner or Toxic Ancient and you can kill them in a few hits.

And then there are mods that I'm not even counting yet. It's fine how it is. Galatine is super slow, even if it's super strong. It looks like it has some range but it doesn't even match Orthos. It's your reward for being point blank with the enemy and taking so long to charge it up. I still believe even Gram has its place still, even though Galatine almost entirely outshines it (and yeah I have used all 3 at length, particularly the older weapons).

Weeks ago, when I first got the Glaive, I was confused by the stats. A thrown disk of death only did about as much charge damage as a sword. I shrugged it off as balance, and had fun anyway.

Fast forward to now, when the Galatine has basically thrown charge balance out the window. Glaive's design shows that it should have high charge damage, possibly beyond that of a sword. A sawblade can cut far deeper than any sword, due to how it works, so why don't triple spinning blades at least do similar amounts of damage?

All I'm asking is a small buff to the Glaive's charge damage. It's a very difficult to obtain weapon, so following DE's new design, it should be more effective. Just 200 or 250 charge damage would be amazing. 400 would probably make the forums explode with cries of OP.

i agree, why is it fare that a longsword does more charge dmg than a glaive. a projectile type throwing charge attack i understand might not have as much force, but it would still do a substantial amount of damage.

huh the glaive is easy to obtain lol. i get free recipes as daily rewards.  the glaive doesn't even need a buff, it can hit more enemies than other melee.

if you want to bring logic into it comparing it to the galatine.  well in theory each person it hits would slow it down reducing the damage it does.  it would lose enough speed and fall on the ground. so you would have to go over and pick it up.  depending on the surface it hit, the glaive wouldn't return a majority of the time.