Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I can't beat my Lich, any advice?

Blobfish86

Hi all, so, i'm having difficult fighting my Lich, i'm definitelly not a pro at the game, don't have any Meta build, and everytime i have to face the Lich i barelly can dent her, meanwhile she keeps one-shoting me with a Tonkor. Any advice?

*sigh* I was excited with the lich system but, now i see it's not for me. Don't think i'll even try to create a second one. Sorry for the rant

• Like 3

Inaros, best with Magus Repair arcane. As for weapon, best works for me heavy attack build on scythe (Reaper Prime, Hate, Caustacyst) or Zaw heavy blade. Faster heavy windup the better.
If grabs are your problem, I suggest going with Wukong - his passive 3 'deaths' does not count as bleedout so you have some room, plus Lich can grab your clone instead of you.

(Primed/Sacrificial) Pressure Point, Corrupt Charge, Life Strike, Killing Blow, True Steel, (Amalgam) Organ Shatter, Gladiator Might.

Edited by RobWasHere

6 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

I use nidus for liches. His 3 gives enough DR to tank them, and the maggots distract them enough that they barely attack you anyway. 

^This. 

Also, may I suggest, Ash, blade storm ignores armor IIRC, might need to recast a couple of times, though. 

Edited by ryu-hayabusa1

9 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

I use nidus for liches. His 3 gives enough DR to tank them, and the maggots distract them enough that they barely attack you anyway. 

Tossing a bunch of specters also helps. 

Can confirm, if you link to the Lich itself, you'll take even less damage than if you link to a normal enemy

Just continue hunting him with pubs. I never encountered a squad that will not help kill a Lich specially if you ask nicely. 

Don't give up easily. Set up your Rubico according to the Lichs' weakness or your Plague Keewar for melee. Idk you playstyle but you can try Ash P. and setup for Duration/Efficiency. The idea is to improve Smoke Screen and be invisible (ave. 20s+) while trying to kill him. Bring your Vasca Kavat for Transfusion should you need an instant revive.

But I encourage you to lean on your playstyle, otherwise you will not enjoy the hunt. 

3 hours ago, Blobfish86 said:

Hi all, so, i'm having difficult fighting my Lich, i'm definitelly not a pro at the game, don't have any Meta build, and everytime i have to face the Lich i barelly can dent her, meanwhile she keeps one-shoting me with a Tonkor. Any advice?

*sigh* I was excited with the lich system but, now i see it's not for me. Don't think i'll even try to create a second one. Sorry for the rant

Join a clan.  Have friends help.  A decent squad can soften the lich up so you can test your Parazon Requiem mod order.

- running certain frames that are super tanky or dish out insane damage helps, if you have them. same with weapons, use your best stuff if you need to.

- it's definitely easier with other people, especially when the Lich is rank 4 or 5. in my experience, if players see you going for a Lich, they'll assume it's yours and will usually help to take it down with you. they can get the Lich to kneel so you can go for the stab. don't hang back though, you need ALL the DPS you can get.

- for what it's worth, the Tonkor Liches are some of the worst apparently, and it doesn't take a genius to figure out why. hopefully your next one (if you go for it) will have a regular gun that doesn't kill you in one hit.

don't be too put off, the liches are tough but they aren't invincible, and their weapons are pretty good!

Check your lich weakness, resistance and immunity, it gives a considerable boost

Try checking your mod build, if possible, get a weapon with high critical chance and base damage such as stradavar

Stay on the move. Level 5 lich shouldn't be a problem if you only take a hit or two, just don't stand in one place

Go public. Teammates can help you weaken the lich

Revenant.

With your Mesmer Skin, you instantly stun them when they hit you, even if they do their grapple move. Then you can just wail on the Lich, either with your weapons or even using Reave. You can even use your Thrall on them to make them non-aggro towards you and your team, and your Reave will do amazing damage to them. His Dance Macabre isn't amazing on them, as I haven't noticed anything about the move specifically using the Lich's weaknesses, but they can be useful in a crowded area with the Lich within it.