Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Universal" medalions and conclave weapon skins

Sandal-Senpai

As many of you are propably aware, conclave is not something Warframe is known for, yes calling it the lowest point of warframe is propably correct.

And while many have decided to ignore it, I can't get over how good the conclave rewards are, all the weapon skins look amazing, but are locked behind such a grind. I myself have achieved rank 4 in conclave just to get them, and they are still out of reach.

The "universal" medalions were supposed to remedy this problem. Farming them takes time, and gives you syndicate standing, while you're at it. Leveling standing is not a difficult task and most, if not all the ways to do it are a pretty enjoyable loop. As such I can't imagine anyone actually going crazy for the "universal" medalions have it not been for the conclave. They give you so little standing, they are not viable for anything else, and since they don't work with Teshin, I feel like most people who were excited for them feel really let down by DE for giving into an outcry of some players who made conclave EVEN LESS appealing than it was before. I don't care much for the PvP in a Looter-Shooter game if it's not a balanced 1st person shooter, but this, this is giving everyone else candies, then putting a muffin on a tall cactus and denying me a ladder, when everyone else has one.

The playerbase as a whole would benefit greately from having acces to really universal medalions, otherwise what's their purpose? I don't want to be forced to play conclave to get some shinies, put them somewhere difficult, but at least enjoyable.

Im just here to say something

Celestia Syandana

Doing daily mission will ignite 1 fire on both sides and all will disappear after 1 day. Completing the weekly conclave challenges causes it to glow at full strength until the weekly challenges change but 1 upper glowing fire will turn off after 1 day.

one of the coolest syandanas rotting in conclave reward pool

Edited by 8faiNt

IIRC the original intent was to allow use on conclave rewards (which most non conclave players actually liked the idea of), then on release it was removed essentially due to some conclave players complaining (I'd use a different term but I'll be polite) that non conclave players could get the stuff without playing conclave and their 'effort' would be wasted....  all while ignoring just how low their drop chance was etc. 

This single change basically wiped out the interest in universal medallions for pretty much everyone I know in game, purely because the others syndicates can be done so much faster without them, hell I don't think anyone in my clan has even bothered that much with disruption once we got the loot we wanted from it, I know I haven't...

Now some would say if you want the conclave stuff go do conclave, well I would if it actually had its issues fixed, but I can't see that ever happening..... personally I only want the 2 lower tier armors and I'd happily buy them with plat, the top one is available for plat but for some reason the two lower ones are standing only...but DE doesn't want plat...

And yes I can see the irony in universal medallions not being universal to all syndicates...

Edited by LSG501

47 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

Im just here to say something

Celestia Syandana

Doing daily mission will ignite 1 fire on both sides and all will disappear after 1 day. Completing the weekly conclave challenges causes it to glow at full strength until the weekly challenges change but 1 upper glowing fire will turn off after 1 day.

one of the coolest syandanas rotting in conclave reward pool

We need a Nightwave version 😉

30 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

that non conclave players could get the stuff without playing conclave and their 'effort' would be wasted....  all while ignoring just how low their drop chance was etc. 

Effort? The only effort they put is to make it not appealing (slam-spam meta, only deathmatch gamemode ever active), I'm a veteran of 8+ years and never have I seen a divide in the community as big as with the vile conclave gatekeepers. Conclave takes fun and variety of Warframe and slaps the "only meta" mentality in one game it doesn't belong.

3 minutes ago, Sandal-Senpai said:

Effort? The only effort they put is to make it not appealing (slam-spam meta, only deathmatch gamemode ever active), I'm a veteran of 8+ years and never have I seen a divide in the community as big as with the vile conclave gatekeepers. Conclave takes fun and variety of Warframe and slaps the "only meta" mentality in one game it doesn't belong.

I wasn't going to go that far but it is one of the issues that does need fixing lol

3 hours ago, Sandal-Senpai said:

As many of you are propably aware, conclave is not something Warframe is known for, yes calling it the lowest point of warframe is propably correct. I won't tell you how, or if it can ever be fixed, but I ask you to acknowledge that most players consider it a chore, an unbalanced mess, or toxic sweatlands for a reason.

And while many have decided to ignore it, I can't get over how good the conclave rewards are, all the weapon skins look amazing, but are locked behind such a grind. I myself have achieved rank 4 in conclave just to get them, and they are still out of reach.

The "universal" medalions were supposed to remedy this problem. Farming them takes time, and gives you syndicate standing, while you're at it. Leveling standing is not a difficult task and most, if not all the ways to do it are a pretty enjoyable loop. As such I can't imagine anyone actually going crazy for the "universal" medalions have it not been for the conclave. They give you so little standing, they are not viable for anything else, and since they don't work with Teshin, I feel like most people who were excited for them feel really let down by DE for giving into an outcry of some salty conclave players who made conclave EVEN LESS appealing than it was before. I don't care much for the PvP in a Looter-Shooter game if it's not a balanced 1st person shooter, but this, this is giving everyone else candies, then putting a muffin on a tall cactus and denying me a ladder, when everyone else has one.

The playerbase as a whole would benefit greately from having acces to really universal medalions, otherwise what's their purpose? I don't want to be forced to play conclave to get some shinies, put them somewhere difficult, but at least enjoyable.

>I won't tell you how or if it can be fixed

Why is this in conclave feedback?

• Like 3

On one hand, I can understand the desire not to have medallions apply to Conclave. Conclave lacks players, the rewards encourage players to play the mode.

On the other hand, the rarity of universal medallions and the amount they give is nowhere near a supplement for regular standing gain. Warframe being a lot about optimization means a good number of players looking for the rewards won't drop Conclave just because it's possible to get it elsewhere (unless, of course, they can't find matches—but a number of people probably bugger off to PvE if they can't find matches anyway). The players one gets via "forcing" people to play isn't always the happiest group, either, which doesn't paint a pretty picture for the mode. 

And the biggest thing is that it's entirely possible to make universal medallions drop in Conclave, likely with a higher rate than Disruption nodes. That alone makes it a better reason to drop into Conclave for Conclave rewards, increases Conclave standing gain (which has been a point of consternation in the past), provides PvP players something they can use in PvE, yet doesn't necessarily "force" players to play Conclave just for the rewards (as long as they're A-OK piddling along in their progress, see point in paragraph 1 regarding optimization).

TL;DR: Make universal medallions applicable to Conclave, have them drop in Conclave matches at a rate beyond the PvE sources. Solve a dozen problems in the process.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tyreaus said:

On one hand, I can understand the desire not to have medallions apply to Conclave. Conclave lacks players, the rewards encourage players to play the mode.

On the other hand, the rarity of universal medallions and the amount they give is nowhere near a supplement for regular standing gain. Warframe being a lot about optimization means a good number of players looking for the rewards won't drop Conclave just because it's possible to get it elsewhere (unless, of course, they can't find matches—but a number of people probably bugger off to PvE if they can't find matches anyway). The players one gets via "forcing" people to play isn't always the happiest group, either, which doesn't paint a pretty picture for the mode. 

And the biggest thing is that it's entirely possible to make universal medallions drop in Conclave, likely with a higher rate than Disruption nodes. That alone makes it a better reason to drop into Conclave for Conclave rewards, increases Conclave standing gain (which has been a point of consternation in the past), provides PvP players something they can use in PvE, yet doesn't necessarily "force" players to play Conclave just for the rewards (as long as they're A-OK piddling along in their progress, see point in paragraph 1 regarding optimization).

TL;DR: Make universal medallions applicable to Conclave, have them drop in Conclave matches at a rate beyond the PvE sources. Solve a dozen problems in the process.

Making them drop at a higher rate in conclave would just cause players to boost matches in Oceania. Cool idea tho. What if the universal medallions could be bought with conclave standing? I think that would be a cool idea. 10,000 Conclave standing for one medallion? Sounds ok to me.

2 hours ago, Sandal-Senpai said:

Maybe if DE put some attention into Conclave, the majority of players wouldn't think it's bad because all the meta's like slam spam, or spin to win, would have been re-balanced. 

But no, DE just let it sit without touching it at all. 

And I find it pretty funny how the PvE community don't want any DE resources on Conclave, but then complain that Conclave's S#&$, because DE don't spend time on it. This circle needs to be broken. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

Making them drop at a higher rate in conclave would just cause players to boost matches in Oceania. Cool idea tho. What if the universal medallions could be bought with conclave standing? I think that would be a cool idea. 10,000 Conclave standing for one medallion? Sounds ok to me.

You're pretty much going to have boosting matches regardless. The weekly missions are still a thing, after all. Some might get into it for universal medallions, some might leave it for universal medallions. I would think it would be a participation reward (i.e. winning or losing doesn't change the odds of getting it) and, thus, would tend to believe the majority of players would realize that and not bother with boosting matches.

And making medallions cost Conclave standing would completely destroy 80% of the benefit conferred by their application to, and inclusion in, Conclave.

Edited by Tyreaus

You're pretty much going to have boosting matches regardless. The weekly missions are still a thing, after all. Some might get into it for universal medallions, some might leave it for universal medallions. I would think it would be a participation reward and, thus, would tend to believe the majority of players would realize that and not bother with boosting matches.

And making medallions cost Conclave standing would completely destroy 80% of the benefit conferred by their application to, and inclusion in, Conclave.

I know it would destroy the benefit. That's why I suggested it. A player can earn over 100k conclave standing in less than 48 hours, far faster than any other syndicate in the game. Conclave doesn't have a rep farm problem. It is BY FAR the EASIEST syndicate to get max rank in.

4 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

You're pretty much going to have boosting matches regardless. The weekly missions are still a thing, after all. Some might get into it for universal medallions, some might leave it for universal medallions. I would think it would be a participation reward and, thus, would tend to believe the majority of players would realize that and not bother with boosting matches.

Instead of all the Universal Medallion talk, how about we just make Conclave appealing so if players want to get the Conclave skins, they join Conclave without feeling like it's going to be a chore, but rather something fun. 

Some nicer rewards would help. Some balancing of weapons and most of all MELEE would be nice. SBMM would be nice. All DE have to do is start trying. 

Edited by Rubbertubtub01
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

I know it would destroy the benefit. That's why I suggested it. A player can earn over 100k conclave standing in less than 48 hours, far faster than any other syndicate in the game. Conclave doesn't have a rep farm problem. It is BY FAR the EASIEST syndicate to get max rank in.

...you do realize a portion of the benefit I was talking about was benefit regarding encouraging players to play Conclave in the first place, right? One of the things in that, which I hadn't mentioned, is that PvP takes away from time spent in PvE because of the disparate rewards, in a manner discouraging players to spend time in PvP. Which universal medallions could hel rectify (among other rewards).

The rep gain is highly contingent on player capability, both in skill (mostly) and schedule. I get maybe 200-500 standing per match, can very seldom find matches (especially after the update), and can complete maybe three or five of the weekly missions. If I had the ability to do all of the missions and spend the time to max out my standing every single day, then yes, I could make that 100K in two days. I don't have that capability, however, and I doubt you would advocate for me to go boost matches for it. That is the problem people encounter in spite of the objective potential standing gains.

17 minutes ago, Rubbertubtub01 said:

Instead of all the Universal Medallion talk, how about we just make Conclave appealing so if players want to get the Conclave skins, they don't feel like it's going to be a chore, but rather something fun. 

Some nicer rewards would help. Some balancing of weapons and most of all MELEE would be nice. SBMM would be nice. All DE have to do is start trying. 

That could go for much of the game in general

The universal medallion talk, at least so far as I've tugged it, is in the direction of "nicer rewards". I would certainly advocate for other rewards as well. The thread is talking about universal medallions, so...

Edited by Tyreaus

The universal medallion talk, at least so far as I've tugged it, is in the direction of "nicer rewards". I would certainly advocate for other rewards as well. The thread is talking about universal medallions, so...

Yeah the thread is about UM's, but I was just trying to say if players liked playing Conclave it would negate the need for UM's. 

I would like to hear other ideas tho 😄

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rubbertubtub01 said:

Yeah the thread is about UM's, but I was just trying to say if players liked playing Conclave it would negate the need for UM's. 

I would like to hear other ideas tho 😄

IMO, if players liked playing Conclave, there wouldn't be any controversy around universal medallions. They could include it or exclude it and it'd be the biggest shrug since Atlas. See, e.g., every other syndicate.

7 hours ago, Sandal-Senpai said:

... lowest point of warframe is propably correct. I won't tell you how, or if it can ever be fixed, but I ask you to acknowledge that most players consider it a chore, an unbalanced mess, or toxic sweatlands for a reason.

Stopped reading there.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the guy who asked me first thing when I joined if I'm there for the challenges? Next time I'll take screenshots.

Instead of coming here and vent your frustration in yet another "Conclave bad!" thread, let me reiterate my advice (and yes I get it, playing against experienced people can be frustrating);

Next time you decide to play, take note of the people who are doing about as well as yourself. Add them to your friends list, and organise yourselves. No, I'm not talking about standing farm. Play it genuinely. As with other PvP games, it's most fun when playing against people that are about on your level. Sadly, in Warframe there's no automatic way to match people like that (there's Recruit Conditioning, but that's a band-aid), so you'll have to do it yourself.

There's also the Conclave Discord if you want advice, but try to leave your anger at the door. People are much more willing to help you then.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PatternistSlave said:

The rewards for Conclave were clearly designed with a large, active playerbase in mind and since said playerbase doesn't exist they're broken beyond repair.  But apparently some like it that way.  Makes them feel special.

If you'd had more than a cursory look through this subforum, you'd have seen that improving the rewards is a staple request around here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

If that was the case, people wouldn't complain as much, conclave is by far the HARDEST syndicate to get max rank in. 

Especially since completing most challenges is impossible when only deathmatch is ever active, and even then you need to actually score to get standing. The standing cap, at least for me is 27 500 per day, which means only around 55 000 in 48h IF and I can't stress this enough IF I were to sacrifice a good few hours a day, grinding a gamemode that simply isn't fun.

1 minute ago, Kontrollo said:

If you'd had more than a cursory look through this subforum, you'd have seen that improving the rewards is a staple request around here.

Have made the request myself.  It's fallen on deaf ears aside from Universal Medallions.  Which a vocal minority got changed at the expense of thousands of players.  Am I caught up now?

2 hours ago, PatternistSlave said:

Have made the request myself.  It's fallen on deaf ears aside from Universal Medallions.  Which a vocal minority got changed at the expense of thousands of players.  Am I caught up now?

Nothing has changed literally in years. They went back on an announcement with the UM, but this doesn't mean anything has changed there, either.

The devs prefer to ignore pretty much all Conclave rewards related feedback. Spinning it as being the fault of a vocal minority is dishonest, at best.

Edited by Kontrollo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

The devs prefer to ignore pretty much all Conclave rewards related feedback. Spinning it as being the fault of a vocal minority is dishonest, at best.

Well whatever the vocal minority said apparently worked and DE listened, the only problem is that they listened to the need of a few instead of the many

Just now, Sandal-Senpai said:

Well whatever the vocal minority said apparently worked and DE listened, the only problem is that they listened to the need of a few instead of the many

The devs are the ones making the decisions here, not anyone else. And seeing as the devs didn't have anything to say in defence of "that one twitter guy" when the community collectively decided to go on a childish witch hunt...

Well, my personal theory is that they were all too happy for some random schmuck to take the blame for their poor decision making and communication skills, this time around. (Barely dodged that bullet, high-five dev team.)

I'm not sure if that twitter guy is even known to anyone here, either. Never heard of him before, and not a known name among Conclave regulars, I'd wager. The perfect scapegoat.

So alright, guess what? You guys fell for it. Whether out of ignorance or because it fits your own narrative doesn't even matter. Now chant with me: "Burn the witch, burn her at the stake!"

• Like 1