Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Universal" medalions and conclave weapon skins

Sandal-Senpai

I don't know if someone thought about it but here goes the idea that both sides could swallow, but will still have objections propably even if this was added

Universal Medallions added as Teshin consumable. Consuming 1 UM doubles standing gains on conclave from played matches (NOT CHALLENGES), up to 4x multiplier (3 Syndicate medallions each giving +1.0x multiplier for a total of 4x with base 1x, until the end of the day). The maximum you can spend is a matter of discussion. (2 UM at teshin for 3x?, 4UM for 5x?)

How many times people have been in a situation they played for about 10 minutes, full anihhilation, only to get killed 15 Times and kill 1 or 2 pro dudes by huge luck. How much standings does this give? Well here's your answer, about 200-400. My friend when he lost lunaro match when i 22-0 him in 4 minutes got 200 standings for 4 minutes of 1-sided gameplay. How is this enjoyable for him? For this exceptional performance i got 1.3k standings. 1.3k (NO CHALLENGES DONE)! and for a regular R5 Syndicate mission you would get about 3.5k. for, idk, 2 minutes? If you hurry an extermination ofc. if you go over and want to pick secific syndicate medallions, you can get like 10k ez, with a bit of luck and finding for example a General insignia (5k rep, just like that).

with 4x multiplier it becomes 800-1600, more or less the same you get by playing R2 syndicate mission, but it's still more than nothing. What about this overwhelming performance my friend witnessed? 5.2k, so equivalent of R5 Syndicate mission with about a few pickups on its way.

Take a note that regular syndicate can also award you standings while playing PvE grind loop, for Teshin you have to specifically play conclave, and when you meet a pro it is double as hard to progres. The approach with multiplier encourages gameplay and doesn't break this "No PvE method of obtaining conclave items" rule people are concerned over, as people thought first it would be 1000+ immidieate standing gain for Teshin. Also UM finally affects every Syndicate, so everyones happy, except they propably will not be, but it is the best compromise i could have thought of.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Don't forget that people like you still cry over Universal Medallions because these are just that: a "workaround" to get conclave standing for those who dislike pvp.

A bandaid solution is still better than none at all or putting the impetus on players, divorced from regulation, to provide said solution themselves.  This narrative of "those who dislike pvp" is extremely disingenuous.  I don't dislike PvP.  I don't even hate Conclave.  It's unplayable is the issue.  Surely even in your wildest aggrandizing you'll admit the reward structure was designed for a larger playerbase.

2 hours ago, PatternistSlave said:

A bandaid solution is still better than none at all or putting the impetus on players, divorced from regulation, to provide said solution themselves.  This narrative of "those who dislike pvp" is extremely disingenuous.  I don't dislike PvP.  I don't even hate Conclave.  It's unplayable is the issue.  Surely even in your wildest aggrandizing you'll admit the reward structure was designed for a larger playerbase.

I don't see how that solves anything. It isn't any sort of solution. How do UMs get people to play conclave, fix conclave's issues, or even improve the rewards in conclave?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

How do UMs get people to play conclave,

By introducing them to the rewards.  Same reason we're given starting plat.  Priming the pump it's called.

fix conclave's issues,

One of the big issues being a broken reward system they at least help with that.

or even improve the rewards in conclave?

Rewards should be simply showered on players by a dead mode.  Currently the system, having been designed for longevity to sustain a non-existent playerbase, is way too stingy.  Anything to lessen the grind would be a huge benefit.

1 hour ago, PatternistSlave said:

1. By introducing them to the rewards.  Same reason we're given starting plat.  Priming the pump it's called.

2. One of the big issues being a broken reward system they at least help with that.

3. Rewards should be simply showered on players by a dead mode.  Currently the system, having been designed for longevity to sustain a non-existent playerbase, is way too stingy.  Anything to lessen the grind would be a huge benefit.

But the fundamental issue with them, it that they don't cause people to play conclave. They allow players to bypass conclave. I ask again, how do UMs get people to play conclave?

10 часов назад, (XB1)The Repo Man151 сказал:

But the fundamental issue with them, it that they don't cause people to play conclave. They allow players to bypass conclave. I ask again, how do UMs get people to play conclave?

Come on, it's all about #*!%in rewards, people don't give a S#&$.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

But the fundamental issue with them, it that they don't cause people to play conclave. They allow players to bypass conclave.

Have you any idea how many medallions it would cost to get everything in conclave and how rare a drop they are?  If a player is willing to put in that amount of effort to "bypass" your mode that's pretty telling.

22 hours ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

how do UMs get people to play conclave?

And you've already been answered.  Did you not like the answer or do you need it explained to you?

On 2019-12-12 at 9:53 PM, PatternistSlave said:

Have you any idea how many medallions it would cost to get everything in conclave and how rare a drop they are?  If a player is willing to put in that amount of effort to "bypass" your mode that's pretty telling.

And you've already been answered.  Did you not like the answer or do you need it explained to you?

But that doesn't get people to play conclave. That just allows people to bypass playing conclave to achieve its rewards. If the UMs are that small in value when it comes to contribution to the conclave syndicate, why even care about the UMs? Just play conclave and youll get the standing.

• Like 1

On 2019-12-15 at 7:05 PM, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

that doesn't get people to play conclave.  That just allows people to bypass playing conclave to achieve its rewards.

You can keep repeating this ad nauseam, but that doesn't make it true.

If the UMs are that small in value when it comes to contribution to the conclave syndicate, why even care about the UMs?

Because they're at least something to add variety to a ridiculous grind.

Just play conclave and youll get the standing.

Unfortunately the mode and its reward system are broken.