Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[26.1.3 up to present] Conclave Bug Megathread

standardheadache

We are now on the fourth month with one-shot dual sword slide aerial and ground attacks, as well as four months of Telos Boltace ragdolls. Bramma was removed for the same reason, just turned to 11. With shield gating on the horizon, anything that has potential to one-shot is clearly unintentional.

Edited by standardheadache
updated as of 9/4/2020
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-02-11 at 2:13 PM, standardheadache said:

Thank you for removing Bramma from Conclave (for now)! The implication that it will eventually return in a balanced form is also very promising. We can't thank you guys at DE enough for maintaining Conclave, but there's still more to be done.

As mentioned previously in this thread, there are still many easy one-shot weapons (the entirety of the dual swords and tonfas categories on slide attack, for example). This discourages players from branching out and learning.

Nova's mines are still host to no less than two bugs, both invisibility for the majority of its lifespan after a few seconds of visibility and the fact that mines laid in a past life can damage a Nova in a new life. Nightwave and Shawzins are also still nonfunctional in Conclave.

Telos Boltace still throws players out of map bounds, Ivara Prime may or may not be able to equip Power of Three now, and Biting Piranha's aerial attack likely is still missing.

Magazine capacity mods also appear to have some inconsistencies, as previously mentioned here.

Strikethrough showing what has recently been changed. Dual swords are now in a reasonable place, as is Staticor. We still have a few bugs to touch on, though! In addition, we found something similar in priority to the lamp in the Teshin Captura scene being bugged, a small invisible wall in Navigation Array:

Type: map, in-game

Description: invisible wall in Navigation Array Rathuum/Conclave map

Visual: https://clips.twitch.tv/PatientEnergeticTurtleCmonBruh

Expected result: open air

Observed result: wall

Reproduction: wiggle around in this area of the map

Reproduction rate: mixed reports on whether this is still reproducible

formatting
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Been a long time since I've posted in this, as I've quit playing for now and can't verify whether these things are still going on. Seeing that there have been no changes to Conclave mentioned in the patch notes, I can only assume everything is still the same.

Which brings us to our next point: a new bug pointed out by some people I know who still play Conclave. Electric procs can refresh the proc itself, possibly due to Saryn extending proc duration.

Type: status effect, in-game

Description: Saryn's status effects applied in Conclave can refresh themselves with the ticks from the DoT damage due to them doing elemental damage of their type, and elemental damage having a high proc chance in Conclave

Visual: https://gfycat.com/sorrowfulrelievedflounder

Expected result: status effect DoT dissipates on its own after listed duration in UI element

Observed result: status effect is self-refreshing

Reproduction: use Saryn with an electric weapon on an opponent, then have them report how long the status effect lasts versus how long it was said to last in the initial UI element

Reproduction rate: often enough where Saryn with electric weapons has become meta

formatting
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping with a couple of experience breaking bugs that were added on Friday's update:

1) Damaging warframe abilities don't bypass shield gating anymore, which seems related to the PvE fix where some enemy abilities could bypass gating and could still insta kill warframes. 

On 2020-05-01 at 9:21 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Warframe Revised: Railjack Revisited (Part 1): Update 27.4

Fixed certain boss attacks (Ropalolyst’s laser attack and Profit Taker’s missile for example) not respecting Shield Gating and killing players in one hit. 

2) Several weapons seem to have gotten unintended buffs that far surpass the point of overpowered. Here's a thread with more details about it: 

3) Telos Boltace can still ragdoll players, effectively disabling the affected players from the match temporarily, and taking away player control just like if the keyboard had been disabled and we were playing with nothing but a mouse.

Here's a short video of how an average match against a single boltace user can look like in an open map:

4) Since the status rework, Saryn's passive allows electric procs to stack and refresh on themselves. On any other frame these deal a single tick of damage, but when used with saryn it effectively becomes a damahe over time tool of random duration (long enough to go through gating) with varying damage.

Here's a clip of a lanka shot boosted by saryn https://gfycat.com/seriousconsciousjaguarundi

Hoping for these bugs to be fixed asap, since the addition of pvp augments to pve is making conclave activity increase only for players to see it in its most broken state ever because of the unintended buffs that make players be able to snipe people with certain shotguns which seems completely unintended and Telos Boltace which could just be disabled from conclave to fix the issue since having no control our character while the enemy gets an easy kill doesn't make any sense. 

Edited by Stormdragon
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Type: UI, in-game

Description: Dread status effect applies if an ally shoots an ally in team game modes of Conclave, does no damage, but shows up in UI.

Visual:

230410_20200530194233_1.png

Reproduction: shooting an ally in Team Annihilation or Capture the Cephalon with a Dread

Expected result: no status effect, no damage

Observed result: status effect applied, despite doing no damage

Reproduction rate: generally after a report is listed in the Conclave Bug Megathread, efforts are not taken to reproduce it unless an exploiter can use it to their advantage

formatting
  • Like 2

Type: in-game, abilities

Description: Volt's 4 does no damage

Visual: https://gfycat.com/evilunequaledandeancondor

Reproduction: using Volt's 4 in Conclave within range of an enemy

Expected result: high damage ability

Observed result: no damage ability

Reproduction rate: generally after a report is listed in the Conclave Bug Megathread, efforts are not taken to reproduce it unless an exploiter can use it to their advantage

formatting
  • Like 2

Type: UI, in-game

Description: when shooting an Atlas, damage values do not pop up

Visual: https://gfycat.com/enviouscolossalantlion

Reproduction: shooting or otherwise damaging an Atlas in Conclave

Expected result: damage numbers

Observed result: no numbers

Reproduction rate: partial, but reproducible; generally after a report is listed in the Conclave Bug Megathread, efforts are not taken to reproduce it unless an exploiter can use it to their advantage

formatting
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Type: in-game, weapon mod

Description: Double Tap does not work in Conclave

Visual: https://gfycat.com/shadyfluidintermediateegret "Functioning only as in the buff icon shows up. He only hits for 69 (nice) with and without the buff" -Wisdom; A Blessing

Reproduction: Using a Latron modded with Double Tap in Conclave, shooting at a player once to show damage value, allowing shields to regen, then shooting twice in rapid succession to show same damage value both times

Expected result: increasing damage on second, third, etc. consecutive hits without missing

Observed result: damage does not increase

formatting
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update: mines are visible again and some Nightwave challenges can be progressed in Conclave.

I'm not sure who's looking at this thread and doing unreported fixes, but thank you. It does mean a lot 🙂

EDIT: upon further observation, this may have been an unintentional bugfix and the reported Nightwave bug is still active. It does mean a lot when you guys look at this, though. Any bug fix is a good bug fix.

updated as of 9/4/2020
  • Like 1

I don't think I've seen it mentioned anywhere:

• The two new maps introduced with Deadlock Protocol are not properly hooked up into the rotation, so they can only ever be played on if they're randomly selected as the first map. (/Lotus/Levels/PVP/DMCorpusShipCoreRemaster.level & /Lotus/Levels/PVP/DMCorpusShipWarehouse.level)
    • Request related to this: Please don't drop old Core from the rotation, so people have a chance to compare the two maps against each other and provide feedback

• Not sure if intentional: New Core has invsible walls and the glass in the new Corpus Ship tileset is not enabled for wall running. Warframe's mobility together with the blockiness and verticality of old Core makes that one of the best PvP maps, imho. It would be sad to have parkour disabled on the central pillar and some other places.
Spoiler

Invisible Walls:

410utBI.jpg

yMfWwTw.jpg

Edited by Kontrollo
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

You managed to disable Inaros Prime and Karyst Prime, so I guess them being made available wasn't intentional. Although from what I've seen, Inaros Prime was fine because he had the same stats as vanilla Inaros. Not entirely sure about Karyst Prime as I didn't do much testing.

How about addressing the Telos Boltace problem now? Or Saryn's Passive + Electricity, maybe Shotguns and Vectis Prime (all problems introduced with PvE changes)? The damage values of Dark Split Sword (Dual Sword edition) are about twice that of other Dual Swords, too.

Not sure what other problems are prevalent now, I'm only playing in private matches at the moment.

Edited by Kontrollo
missing words
  • Like 2

To help keep this thread relevant, here's another issue, captured yesterday.

Type: Chat

Description: in a match above the usual squad size; while shown at end of match, this persisted across multiple matches

Visual: unknown.png

Reproduction: this is likely achievable by joining a Conclave lobby and watching as players slowly trickle in. Perhaps this occurs if the match starts with fewer players than it ends with?

Expected result: all seven players should be visible in the sidebar

Observed result: only three of seven are shown

Reproduction rate: often enough where I thought to screenshot it

EDIT: In chat, there's mention of a beam weapon bug that has reduced tick damage. I noticed that a heat proc applied on me by an Ignis Wraith did one damage as opposed to anything higher. This may also be worth looking into, but I don't have proof of it currently.

• Like 2

We're back at it again with another exploitable bug in Conclave.

Type: Map, Skybox

Description: hole in the map behind an infested outcropping on Infested Frigate

Visual:

Reproduction: wiggle to that corner of the map and look for the skybox, then jump into it

Expected result: solid wall

Observed result: no wall

Reproduction rate: likely able to be done at any time on this map, since there are no dynamic map elements

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Oh right... These ledge climb teleports seem to be back.

Also the ignored or canceled ragdoll effect from stormpath that will cause teleports/desyncs is still a thing.

Happened during one of my last streams iirc.. on Corpus Outpost. Teleported from one of the outer energy rooms on the map to the other side, to its mirrored equivalent. 

• Like 3

The following picture taken from this Gfycat clip shows another issue*) with the new Core. As you can see, there's a map hole there:

3Ej7yVn.jpg

https://gfycat.com/lameunevenhairstreakbutterfly

*) As mentioned earlier, the new Core map and the other new Corpus ship map are still not properly hooked into the map rotation.

Edited by Kontrollo
  • Like 5

Two bugs:

Type: in-game, Nightwave

Description: "Trampoline" Nightwave challenge, bullet jump 150 times, is not tracked in Conclave

Visual:

Reproduction: bullet jump in Conclave while Trampoline is active

Expected result: tracked Nightwave progress

Observed result: Nightwave progress not tracked

Reproduction rate: this has likely been possible since Nightwave was released, as I distinctly remember having this issue before

Type: in-game, map, skybox

Description: map hole in new "Core" map, cannot fall through

Visual: 0:51 of the video above

Reproduction: walk to that area of the map and approach from the south(?)

Expected result: floor

Observed result: no floor

Reproduction rate: this has only been reproduced once, but is unlikely to change

• Like 2

Type: in-game, weapon skin

Description: Aklex Conclave Skin has magazines jutting horizontally out of the weapon, rather than vertically in the magazine well

Visual:

230410_20200920234047_1.png

unknown.png

Reproduction: equip Aklex skin on Aklex Prime

Expected result: magazine in magazine well

Observed result: the Lex wants to be a Sten

Reproduction rate: often enough where it's well-known and was previously a problem with the singular Lex Conclave skin

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Got a heads-up from a fellow player since I've quit again due to the state of Conclave. Information on this bug is relayed to me and I cannot verify, but have asked for the details to write this report.

Type: in-game, melee range, melee punchthrough, damage values

Description: melee attack connects with target over ten meters away through walls if combo that would've connected is interrupted, then followed by another melee attack

Visual: https://gfycat.com/ultimateeasyamericanlobster

Full lead up to the incident: https://gfycat.com/competentillinformedindianabat

Reproduction: knock down someone during a melee combo that, if executed, would have connected with an opponent, then execute the melee attack at a later time

Reproduction visual: https://gfycat.com/prestigiousgreedyivorybackedwoodswallow

Expected result: melee attack for momentum, not for damage

Observed result: melee attack successfully does lethal damage through walls and over a comparably large distance

Reproduction rate: also observed on PS4 frequently enough to be a point of discussion for a clan

We're currently six posts away from page three of the megathread! Congratulations(?) everyone!

updates with more information, footage
  • Like 1

Type: Telos Boltace

Description: It's possible to shoot oneself while ragdolled by Telos Boltace (which is still in the game in this state, for ~11 months now)

Visual:

https://gfycat.com/dimwittedbreakablekingfisher-warframe

Observed result: Telos Boltace broken in yet another way.

Expected result: Remove Telos Boltace.

Reproduction rate: Telos Boltace abusers have reproduced and spread far and wide. It's time to stop this madness.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This might not be actionable, but here's a collection of things that show the game isn't as robust as it used to be:

In general, it's disappointing to see how the gameplay has gone downhill over the years. And in light of recent news: Better visuals are great, but it's gameplay issues that really mar the experience, not slightly outdated graphics.

Still waiting for fixes.

Edited by Kontrollo
  • Like 3

On 2020-10-08 at 11:34 AM, Kontrollo said:

This might not be actionable, but here's a collection of things that show the game isn't as robust as it used to be:

In general, it's disappointing to see how the gameplay has gone downhill over the years. And in light of recent news: Better visuals are great, but it's gameplay issues that really mar the experience, not slightly outdated graphics.

Still waiting for fixes.

2:54 looks reportable enough.

Type: in-game, collision

Description: buggy collision with rim around outward-facing part of Navigation Array Conclave/Rathuum map

Visual: above at 2:54

Reproduction: it seemed to require hitting a "sweet spot" between the top and bottom of the girder, achieved by bullet jumping towards it and then rolling into it (rolling may be necessary to change hitbox size)

Expected result: bouncing off map pieces for momentum

Observed result: stuck in collision with map piece

Reproduction rate: this is the first mention I've seen of it before, so it may require a very specific movement into it

Only three more posts to the third page of conclave bugs!

• Like 2

Digital Extremes definitely has enough staff to staff a pvp team to handle stuff like this. They have made thousands alone off me not counting all the others like me to be able pay people to work pvp. 

Edited by demoxis
  • Like 3

unknown.png

We've surpassed the amount of posts and views of an official bug megathread! We've put some great effort forward, and even if it isn't addressed, coming together to make something this popular is something to be proud of.

On another note, Telos Boltace is a frequent topic here, and I found more evidence supporting the claim that its current ragdolling mechanic was unintentionally introduced to Conclave with Melee 3.0.

The Conclave-specific wiki page has not been changed since April of last year:

unknown.png

And this is its description as of that time:

unknown.png

The ragdolling outwards should not occur, and there's no mention of ragdolling while pulling in. It is also unclear whether there is still a cooldown period for balance.

• Like 2