Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible morse code on reliquary drive??

Strife-

47 minutes ago, Troposphere6 said:

It's probably the man in the wall since it uses your operators voice through two filters to make it sound spooky

I have Heard the Man in the wall more times than I could Count, it was not the man in the wall, it was a lot softer sounding female voice.

Or, and I know this is crazy but hear me out... it's just random knocking noises set to play in a semi-random pattern at random intervals.  With no current greater purpose or hidden meaning than to make people who stand and stare at the Reliquary Drive for more than a few seconds think "Wait what?!  Did I just hear that?"

5 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

Or, and I know this is crazy but hear me out... it's just random knocking noises set to play in a semi-random pattern at random intervals.  With no current greater purpose or hidden meaning than to make people who stand and stare at the Reliquary Drive for more than a few seconds think "Wait what?!  Did I just hear that?"

Yeah, but the thing is, we already have random in-game objects having hidden messages in them which isn't hinted by the game itself by any means. This includes Morse code as well - iirc the pulsating infested tumor in the infested room speaks 'lotus' in Morse, or at least did so some time ago. No surprise everyone tries to find some cipher in anything connected to such creepy thing as Reliquary Drive.

Which bothers me a little more is that there is literally a gigantic freaking finger in there but the people are more interested in deciphering some knocks the thing makes.

On 2019-11-30 at 12:54 AM, Tsunamie101 said:

I think DE just borrowed some inspiration from Warhammer40k (no idea where that universe has the idea from) with their navigator. Essentially you need someone/something that helps you navigate through the void.

Tbh i get more dune navigator vibes from the reliquary drive. Cuz its like a tank with.. something.. inside. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2019-12-24 at 9:41 AM, (PS4)hidalgo334 said:

four fingers.

that makes sense!
before when i was on default recommended graphics for my laptop all i could see inside the reliquary tanks of other railjacks were mist. So when i got my railjack, i fiddled with my display settings a bit before doing the quest mission... what i saw genuinely scared me S#&$less: it was a giant half rotten finger severed at the base. 46A2F2D59ADD32A4B7A24DB7531191E1B3E6A254

On 2019-12-06 at 10:42 AM, Cuchullin said:

But of a tangent I know but is it possible the reliquary drive could have something to do with the Duveri Paradox down the line?

i think it's highly likely, with the foreign landscape and reanimated Dax you saw in the trailer I'd hazard a guess that the railjack will be linked to the paradox in some way or another. Also not sure if others have heard it, but when roaming around my railjack there was this one line he said - "hey kiddo, still mad at me? (insert part in the middle that i forgot) remember, you owe me

(or something very close if i messed up the wording^)

Edited by ThatSaucyBoi

On 2019-12-24 at 1:41 AM, (PS4)hidalgo334 said:

No one else has mentioned this yet but when you install the reliquary key and you see Wally as your operator sitting on the reliquary drive, he waves at you with his right hand but his index finger is still curled into his palm so he's only holding up four fingers.

huh. that 4 finger salute happened with me too. what does that mean - a four fingered wave?

Is it DE indicating that they are down one update of five? hmmmm

Illuminitanaynay confirminendeded.

On 2019-11-30 at 10:54 AM, Tsunamie101 said:

My suggestion would be:

It's in the shape of a sarcophagus/coffin, so whatever is inside it is/was humanoid. We know it's not the Cephalon (it doesn't have a body).

I think DE just borrowed some inspiration from Warhammer40k (no idea where that universe has the idea from) with their navigator. Essentially you need someone/something that helps you navigate through the void.
Is it something our operator gets into to navigate the Railjack? Probably not.
Is it just void energy, and since the man in the wall in kinda just Void, he is in there? Probably not. Why would he help navigate the ship?

Or it's just a void powered something that does something and there is nothing more to it. Probably not.

No, inside the drive the is some sort of finger, since Cy talks about a paradox after interacting with is i asume it would be a duviri's finger. Besides a Reliquary is somethis in which contains a spiritual object, i assume the duviri are stuck in the void just like Lua was meaning that this finger radiates void energy powering your jumps... just a theory

• 1 month later...
On 2019-11-29 at 6:54 PM, Tsunamie101 said:

My suggestion would be:

It's in the shape of a sarcophagus/coffin, so whatever is inside it is/was humanoid. We know it's not the Cephalon (it doesn't have a body).

Is it something our operator gets into to navigate the Railjack? Probably not.
Is it just void energy, and since the man in the wall in kinda just Void, he is in there? Probably not. Why would he help navigate the ship?

Or it's just a void powered something that does something and there is nothing more to it. Probably not.

The object in the coffin is a giant finger. 

The Orokin have a knack for flesh manipulation having created both Technocyte and Sentients, but god knows where it is from. Your character in Erra has the same eyes as your "The Man in the Wall" Operator who has the same voice as the giant finger. 

The finger is probably a totem to represent an object of higher power, in order to borrow some of it's power. Likely aligned with Orokin interests. It's most likely something we'll figure out in Duviri Paradox given that our character will develop some.