Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blood Rush crit-chance multiplier and Venka Prime.

Thasnatos

Recently in the update 26.1 Venka Prime has a change in its passive which gain 240 combo instead of 220 like other melee weapons, so the total combo multiplier Venka Prime has is 13x instead of 12x. And according to the wiki Blood Rush formula on the wiki page it is something like this:
Crit Chance = Weapon Crit Chance × [1 + Mod Crit Bonus + Blood Rush Bonus x (Combo Multi - 1)] + Static Crit Bonus.

So the critical chance of Venka Prime at 13x combo with Blood Rush only, no True/Sacrificial Steel or other mods/arcane/buffs that modify crit and the critical chance should be something like this:

32% x (1 + 0 + 0.6 x (13 - 1) + 0 = 262.4%. Guarantee orange crit and 62% chance to get red crit.

With the same formula but this time we add True Steel (120% critical chance)

32% x (1 + 1.2 + 0.6 x (13 - 1) + 0 = 300.8%. This should be red crit for every single melee attack but no there're still orange crit even at 300% critical chance.
So the Blood Rush crit formula for the Venka Prime is still count/limited to 12x, it's the same as other melee weapons so what's the point of having 13x combo multiplier ? Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm just assuming this is a bug right ? Because I main Ash and have Venka Prime all the time with him and seeing BR only have 11x multiplier is really "bug" me for the past few days.

TL;DR : Update 26.1 Venka Prime can have 13x combo but mods like BR count it has 12x combo instead, even the buff on the top right corner next to Warframe Health/Shield shows that BR only stack to 11x at 13x combo.

Side note: Ash's Blade Storm damage scale with combo multiplier as well so if Venka's extra combo multiplier not working with BR as it's intended so I'm just going to "assuming" that Blade Storm might not working as well ?

Edited by ZlzeoznZ

Tried out my own Venka Prime and noticed this issue. Really should be able to get 12 stacks of Blood Rush/Weeping Wounds. Would be a really nice unique quirk of the weapon! Right now it'll only boost your heavy attack by a relatively small amount, and only if you get it up to full combo. At that point, making it have either a higher base combo or gain combo faster would be far better.

Hopefully this will get fixed!

this is either an HUD issue or an actual limitation. try to see if you can get numbers working on it. will be tough to spot the difference between 11x and 12x CC from blood rush or gladiator mods.

maybe figure it out with a non-maxed blood rush mod? see if there is a spot where the 11x and 12x will make the difference between orange and red crits.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Potitius said:

this is either an HUD issue or an actual limitation. try to see if you can get numbers working on it. will be tough to spot the difference between 11x and 12x CC from blood rush or gladiator mods.

maybe figure it out with a non-maxed blood rush mod? see if there is a spot where the 11x and 12x will make the difference between orange and red crits.

So let's say that the HUD for Blood Rush is bugged and according to the Blood Rush Formula
Crit Chance = Weapon Crit Chance × [1 + Mod Crit Bonus + Blood Rush Bonus x (Combo Multi - 1)] + Static Crit Bonus.

So the critical chance of Venka Prime at 13x combo with Blood Rush "and" True Steel (120% critical chance) should be like this:
32% x (1 + 1.2 + 0.6 x (13 - 1) + 0 = 300.8%

at 300% critical chance you should be "red-crit" with every single attack but according to my testing when I first posted this there're still "orange- crits" so conclusion, the HUD is not bugged
instead the "right" formula for Venka Prime at 13x combo at the moment I posted this still counted at 12x combo as proven below formula:

32% x (1 + 1.2 + 0.6 x (12 - 1) + 0 = 281.6%

As far as I see that Blood Rush does have the limitation that only stack up to 11x even for weapon with unique passive like Venka Prime that can have 13x melee counter instead of 12x.

Either way we do need more information from DE themselves to go to conclusion "is Blood Rush bugged with Venka Prime new passive" or is it not.

8 hours ago, ZlzeoznZ said:

So let's say that the HUD for Blood Rush is bugged and according to the Blood Rush Formula

So the critical chance of Venka Prime at 13x combo with Blood Rush "and" True Steel (120% critical chance) should be like this:
32% x (1 + 1.2 + 0.6 x (13 - 1) + 0 = 300.8%

at 300% critical chance you should be "red-crit" with every single attack but according to my testing when I first posted this there're still "orange- crits" so conclusion, the HUD is not bugged
instead the "right" formula for Venka Prime at 13x combo at the moment I posted this still counted at 12x combo as proven below formula:

32% x (1 + 1.2 + 0.6 x (12 - 1) + 0 = 281.6%

As far as I see that Blood Rush does have the limitation that only stack up to 11x even for weapon with unique passive like Venka Prime that can have 13x melee counter instead of 12x.

Either way we do need more information from DE themselves to go to conclusion "is Blood Rush bugged with Venka Prime new passive" or is it not.

thank you for the research on this part! I wanted to  do it myself but am too busy with it. so it's good to have this evidence to show DE.

hope the fix will be propperly performed.

P.S. is the gladiator mod set still bugged as well or working propperly?

Blood Rush in its current iteration has the hard cap of 11 stacks and has a lot more bugged interactions then just with the Venka Prime. Most importantly is that Blood Rush stacks aren’t tied to the combo multiplier at all. You can see this in action with an exalted melee weapon being able to generate and remove Blood Rush stacks resulting in 11 stacks at 0 combo or 0 stacks at 12x combo and anywhere in between. 

I did a bunch of testing with Blood Rush and the Gladiator set to see the interactions it has here.

Edited by Ukita