Sign in to follow this  
Sdric

Banshee: Lategame & synergy

Issues:

• Survivability.
  • Passive has become redundant with Exilus weapon mods. Ability 3 has suffered from it, too.
  • Ability 4 is extremely bad since the augment nerf in update 22.20.
  • Ability 1 feels outdated and too reliant on its augment.

Suggestions:

• Passive: (Effect added)
    • Banshee gets 25 up to 40% damage reduction based on noise around her (lower is better!). 
      Grants her some improved lategame survivability & enforces her theme.
  • Ability 3:
    • Also silences her allies' weapons and abilities. 
      Makes her new passive more reliable, even with Leeroy Jenkins as a teammate
  • Ability 1:
    • Augment armor reduction is baseline.
    • Augment now changes the hitbox to a 360° pulse.
      Allows her 1 to scale better and be worth using lategame. Improves her potential as an aggressive support. Synergizes with her 4.
  • Ability 4:
    • Radius increased by 5.
    • Damage scales with enemy level (similar to Vauban 3)
    • Hits refresh the duration of Sonar.
      Adequate scaling. Synergy with her 3 enforces her role as an active support frame. Extended range helps dealing with expended average map size since Warframe's early days.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 1

Simple changes, I like them. I also love the synergies you created around her abilities.

I honestly hope she's next in the "rework"/"revitalize" queue. In addition of Nyx ofc.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Being able to silence weapons with the weapon exilus slot does not immediately mean that you should or that there aren't other, much better weapon exilus mods available, nor that everyone is going to use an exilus weapon adapter to those ends in the first place. Banshee being able to silence weapons and use other exilus options is fine. Also, if noise is low around her she's not getting shot anyway and the damage resistance is wasted.

Her 1 doesn't need to be an AoE, it only needs to be off-hand so as not to interrupt reload or movement on cast. It's fine without the augment, especially when using weapons that quickly annihilate or bypass armor. Keeping the armor shred as an augment is fine.

Her 2 should not interrupt movement on ground and should increase the damage of slash procs as per other damage amp powers as it currently does not affect them.

Suggestions for her 3 are fine, though the relation to passive is unnecessary given your suggestion for her passive is terrible. Would add that her 3 should also both be decoupled from interrupting movement while cast on the ground.

Her 4 should exponentially increase in energy consumption per second with no cap if these changes are made, and when used with its augment should apply a debuff that makes successive casts also become exponentially more expensive.

• Like 1
  • Woah 1

4 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Being able to silence weapons with the weapon exilus slot does not immediately mean that you should or that there aren't other, much better weapon exilus mods available, nor that everyone is going to use an exilus weapon adapter to those ends in the first place. Banshee being able to silence weapons and use other exilus options is fine. Also, if noise is low around her she's not getting shot anyway and the damage resistance is wasted.

Except currently her passive is still completely useless. Silencing her own weapon doesn't do anything when the team goes loud anyways.
I could understand if her passive was to silence the entire squads weapon, but that would downplay her current  3.

6 hours ago, Sdric said:

Banshee gets 25 up to 40% damage reduction based on noise around her (lower is better!). 
Grants her some improved lategame survivability & enforces her theme.

This wouldn't solve anything. if she gets Damage Reduction based on noise, it's completely moot when everything becomes alert...

The ONLY way this would work out is if you have her 3 ability SILENCE EVERYTHING, including Enemies gunfire/screams/alarms.  (make everything mute/deaf)
however you'd have to balance this by removing stun from the ability or else it'd be completely overpowered. Or remove it as an Aura and Instead make it an AOE but limit the range.

Edited by Nibelung-Valesti

Sound Quake, like Absorb, just needs to be replaced. 

It's completely against what DE said they want from gameplay, which is why they kept getting worse. They were both given augments intended to encourage the type of play DE wants, when those changes needed to be the default at minimum. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

Sound Quake, like Absorb, just needs to be replaced. 

It's completely against what DE said they want from gameplay, which is why they kept getting worse. They were both given augments intended to encourage the type of play DE wants, when those changes needed to be the default at minimum. 

Despite my love for Soundquake (because of how powerful it is)I agree, just like absorb it must be replaced.

• Like 1

I really like the idea of her 3 silencing teammates weapons that alone would sell me on using it more.

Banshee to me is fun to play she’s just immensely squishy she gets roflstomped at higher levels.

• Upvote 1

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Nibelung-Valesti:

Except currently her passive is still completely useless. Silencing her own weapon doesn't do anything when the team goes loud anyways.
I could understand if her passive was to silence the entire squads weapon, but that would downplay her current  3.

This wouldn't solve anything. if she gets Damage Reduction based on noise, it's completely moot when everything becomes alert...

The ONLY way this would work out is if you have her 3 ability SILENCE EVERYTHING, including Enemies gunfire/screams/alarms.  (make everything mute/deaf)
however you'd have to balance this by removing stun from the ability or else it'd be completely overpowered. Or remove it as an Aura and Instead make it an AOE but limit the range.

I don't think silencing guns and abilities would be too overpowered considering the current content scaling. Low level enemies die instantly anyways and high level enemies might take a bit longer to shot back, or die to stealth kills more often, but ultimately they'll always be able to attack on sight as usual.

13 hours ago, Sdric said:

I don't think silencing guns and abilities would be too overpowered considering the current content scaling. Low level enemies die instantly anyways and high level enemies might take a bit longer to shot back, or die to stealth kills more often, but ultimately they'll always be able to attack on sight as usual.

You'd be creating an aura around yourself where enemies will be daft to anything your team does to them, won't notice their buddies shooting your team, alarms won't trigger their aggro, and it has an average range of 39m.

AI that's completely dumb of everything around it and perma stunned along with every single enemy within the 39m range lasting 44 seconds.

Seems kind of broken to me.

Edited by Nibelung-Valesti

My Idea for her One is, the armor shred should be on the base skill, and with the augment Banshee should get some bonus armor for each every hit.

Like 60 armor per enemy -> 5 enemys hit -> +300 armor -> 50% dmg reduction

Her ultimate should make her immune to Status effects during channel/cast time, and also apply the removed status effects on all enemys hit.