Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Starter Warframes

TriggerHappyWhiteGuy

Volt was originally one of the starter warframes then was switched out for mag. Can anyone think of a reason why volt should not be allowed to be thrown back in as a 4th option to the noobies? Even with all of the buffs it still seems like it would be in the same Tier with Mag,Loki and Excalibur.

I am talking about Volt being a 4th option when you first choose your frame, not talking about switching any of them out. 

1. Shock.

People will complain about how this doesn't kill things, therefore, more buff threads.

Who wants that?

2. Speed.

A lot of people hate the FOV caused by Speed, personally I like it, makes me feel FAST. But most hate it, I've even been called a "annoying no life volt" for using it to rush to a downed teammate.

So imagine people spamming it.

3. Electric Shield.

Most probably will be stuck all around the place by people who have little to no idea how to use it.

We can see a fairly large increase in people who put the shield the wrong way around, or simply don't shoot through it and use it for cover instead...

4. Overload.

The animation takes too long, and most newbies will see themselves dying during the cast animation.

Especially if it's a corpus ship, because for some reason, even if everyone is dead, Volt will still be in the air for nearly 5 seconds after that, a perfect amount of time for a MOA to pop up and dig into that 10 armor of his.

5. General frailty.

Now personally, I've never felt squishy as Volt.

But I know how to use him.

Starters who just joined for the word "Space Ninja" don't want to be hiding behind shields, or running away.

They want to press buttons to see damage numbers flying off the screen.

With volt, that doesn't happen for very long, except with overload.

So people will quickly take a disliking to him until they've reached a veteran like status.

But if they picked Volt, that MAY never happen.

People who joined Warframe early had more of a chance to enjoy it, and play through it.

It wasn't yet known to the mainstream gamers of this day and age, so mostly people with an average sized brain were playing.

Therefore, Volt was a good choice.

However, they needed to swap him out for a easier frame to make sure that all the newbies who spammed power abilities felt more powerful.

Although, if they were like that, there's a chance they didn't pick his replacement anyway, after all, GURLS ARR GHEY!

Which brings me to my next point.

7. Appealing to all sexes.

To most people, myself included, it doesn't matter what gender the frame is.

However, some much too gender-proud people will complain about all 3 starter frames being male, and start some kind of miniature sexist campaign against DE. (Slightly Exaggerating)

Regardless, DE needed a female frame at the start for femaleandproudofit people to choose.

Hell, even some of the male people chose Mag just because she was a female.

All for the same reason.

"I'd rather stare at Mag's &#! than Excalibur's &#!"

2. Speed.

A lot of people hate the FOV caused by Speed, personally I like it, makes me feel FAST. But most hate it, I've even been called a "annoying no life volt" for using it to rush to a downed teammate.

So imagine people spamming it.

talk about FOV I'd love if the FOV is dynamic the faster you are = the more FOV, atm the FOV from speed is indeeed annoying if you stay still = normal if you walk more fov if you run much more fov if you jump from a wall much more fov, that's how it should be!

and back to topic

instead of loki I'd would put in ash, he's super easy to play with, easy invis, 1click ult and it does it's job easy shuriken and easy teleport.