Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Consumables...

nekrojiji

I posted a topic some time ago about this subject but I guess nobody reads, so I'll post it again.

The time when I chose to use my consumables(health or energy packs) is usualy in the middle of the action. I use a very low sensitivity setting, so when I have to use the packs in the middle of a fight I have to press Q find the cursor on the screen, along with all the effects on my screen (beeing hit by a disruptor maybe), than use the right pack. 

More, I play mainly support frames. When I play Trinity I have to keep up the health bars of my team. If the health bars menu is open my consumable menu does not show.

I have some suggestions to avoid all of the above.

First:   Make the consumable menu show on the middle of the screen. You can't fight while your cursor is showing, so you don't need to see all in front of you.

Second: Either make it that the cursor is in the middle of the screen when the consumable menu shows, so over the menu, or make a tracking effect on the cursor when the consumable menu opens.

Third: If all else fails, make shortcuts for the Gear slots.

it dosn't matter because regular consumables have been phased out, and even if you have 20 thousand team heals or 40 thousand rifle ammo boxes, DE isn't going to create a new system just for the people who have a dwindling supply of consumables. they have team bonus ones now, you only have to pause and click once to get the ammo over a period. that dosn't need a hotkey either.

Yeah....basically you're dropping stationary generators as opposed to drinking potions or using "injectors."  So even though we're expected to play a fast-paced game, we're supposed to stand around in a circle warming ourselves by the glow of a green health-over-time generator.

I can only imagine that the same people who implemented this were responsible for implementing our three-tiered grinding system in response to "this game is too grindy."

If you posted about consumables before, you probably didn't get much response because we were all like, "LOLconsumables."

I always forget we even have consumables. I don't think this game lends itself very much to using them. It took almost a month of paying before I knew what the Q button even did.

Anyone that uses them doesn't care if you  use them or not.

The topic was that some people use them and it's hard to do so.

It's nice to know that I have 200 energy or 50% of my ammo or 300 health standing by in case I need it.

Yeah....basically you're dropping stationary generators as opposed to drinking potions or using "injectors."  So even though we're expected to play a fast-paced game, we're supposed to stand around in a circle warming ourselves by the glow of a green health-over-time generator.

I can only imagine that the same people who implemented this were responsible for implementing our three-tiered grinding system in response to "this game is too grindy."

If you posted about consumables before, you probably didn't get much response because we were all like, "LOLconsumables."

Even if the consumables could be used  "on the move" my topic is still about them not beeing eazy to use. Dropable generators or self injectors they should be easy to use.