Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why did DE decide to miss out on money to be made from Clan research rushing?

Tuxie

Like, why? If there is one common thread with all the youtubers talking about the recent Railjack contents, it's that they all complained that there's no way to rush the research with platinum.

People are more than willing to buy platinum to skip clan research time, so why has DE just decided to not make this an option and in the same vein, miss out on all this profit?

I love how we go from some people complaining about DE's monetization with relics and mods being in the market to people complaining that they can't spend money to skip things.

But the only reason youtubers are complaining is because they weren't able to rush out videos showing the total nothing you get for finishing your Railjack currently.

• Like 7

Because rushing it literally doesn't matter at this stage. Congrats! you've built you rail jack in 2 days! you get..... TO GO INSIDE IT!!!!!

Side note: youtubers complaining about something doesn't automatically make it a valid complaint.

Edited by StinkyPygmy
  • Like 7

Anyone wanting to rush the Railjack research to get nowhere slightly faster than everyone else are 

1. Stupid
  2. See 1

Kinda inclined not to care what they think....

Clan research is one of the ways DE gets around the stink of impropriety that permeates the F2P mechanic that DE has based its game on. They offer the player a free path to what would otherwise be something they would need to pay for. The reason we can not rush that is because they want to encourage people to buy said weapons/etc with cash moneys and they do that by making you wait ~3ish days for the research. When you could otherwise be playing with the McGuffin now, Now, NOW! and it is only but a single cash shop purchase away. 

That is further compounded by the actual build time, for which they do give the player an option to rush said construct. 

If they where going to allow clan research to be rushed they would probably be looking at a decent drop in plat based transactions because they would be cutting 72-36hrs off of the wait time. To compensate you would likely see that time recouped elsewhere, such as the weapons base build time. 

TL;DR

Youtubers are stupid and the system is kinda fine how it is. 

Thing is, imagine they did allow people to spend platinum on rushing their railjack construction - only to find out that they spent all their platinum to get ... well, nothing, really. I mean, at this point in time, once you're done setting up your railjack, there's nothing you can do with it. Is it really wise to let people spend premium currency to get to that point?

Because they get more plat that way.

Dojo research time for weapons/warframes/archwing/anything that isn't fixing your railjack, can be "skipped" by buying the item straight from the market.

If a single person could rush the research, everyone else in the clan wouldn't have to pay anymore.

Not being able to rush your railjack is just a side effect of this system.

10 hours ago, Oreades said:

Anyone wanting to rush the Railjack research to get nowhere slightly faster than everyone else are 

1. Stupid
  2. See 1

To be fair, you could trigger the bug that allows you to see the cutscene, and mess around with the Railjack flying about in its current state. That is, until they fixed it.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

Simple question here: Whose plat would be used to rush "CLAN" research?

Clan plat initially and then personal plat can be used to rush rooms.

But plat can't be used to rush researches.  DE was just being consistent in this instance even though it frustrated folks.

1 minute ago, Padre_Akais said:

Clan plat initially and then personal plat can be used to rush rooms.

But plat can't be used to rush researches.  DE was just being consistent in this instance even though it frustrated folks.

It should've actually been pointed out by the OP that there has been no complaining about the research, hence why this thread makes no sense.

1 hour ago, Renegade343 said:

To be fair, you could trigger the bug that allows you to see the cutscene, and mess around with the Railjack flying about in its current state. That is, until they fixed it.

Still no reason to allow rush on the Railjack, maybe once Empyrion is actually out, then there would be a justifiably reason to allow a rush on the "restoration process".

That said you know that the same people whining about there not being a Rush option now are the exact same people who would have used it had it been there. Then immediately turned around and started shrieking about "how dare DE let me do this stupid thing" and "look at how crooked DE is taking our plat knowing there is nothing to do". 

DE did the absolute smartest thing in not letting people rush the restoration.

See I'm in no way mad that we can't rush it but it would stink having the update release being anew player still grinding and/or starting the railjack.
Though, I know it was always gonna be your personal railjack I wish their was a way to "share" railjacks with friends so you all get this home orbiter you can customize and all login into but that's just me.

I wish we could customize it too atm but it's whatever I'll probably use a skin and change the colors then anyway.

15 hours ago, Dreadwire said:

Because then you will complain about content drought.

Its nice to take it easy.

But still i wish there were more things to do.

Even worse, they'll complain about predatory monetization albeit it being literally what they asked for.