The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading System

KelliCzek

I was going to make a thread for this is one did not already exist. Trading is something that could add a lot more community to the game, although I think the only things that should be traded are mods, and maybe materials. It would probably be a nice feature to have the ability to trade alternate helmet BPs and weapon BPs as well.

First thing I want to respond to is this:

As the game is right now....trading is pointless.

Selling unwanted mods is already a great way of getting credits, even then, there is no money sink in this game yet, so even if you sell those unwatned mods/warframe blueprints... mods, blueprints and mats you want is all there is to buy. Blueprints may take time to drop, but there should be something for us to work on, other than Ranks, same goes for mats.

Warframe just isn't ready for an econmy yet, honestly, I don't think it should have a trading system.

When I think of trade, I am not thinking trading mods for credits. That is redundant with the ability to sell them back to the game. Nobody ever really mentioned an economy, I just want to be able to take a great mod I have no use for, and trade it to a buddy who would love to use it.

For example, I am not really much of a Gorgon fan. The Braton fits my playstile better. However, I have a friend in my Clan who loves using his Gorgon. While going through Eris the other day, I got a Lvl 30 'Gorgon' Mod that offers 98.4% Multishot. A great mod, no doubt, but unlikely I will use it, or at least anytime soon. My buddy on the other hand is basically drooling over it. I would love to trade it to him, but there is no way to do this. While I do not want a trading system to be game-breaking, I feel it would add some sense of community if we could trade mods to better suit playstyles and preferences, or even to use as gifts to friends. I would love to be able to take a rare mod and give it to a friend as a little birthday present or something.

Edited by Alaric_Kerensky

A good way to maybe start a trading system would be to have players who have just come out of a coop be able to trade with each other the mods and resources they just got, sinse everyone can get a different pickup. this would mean that everyone has to keep playing and limits what can be traded. as soon as a player backs out of the trading screen, he/she cannot go back.