Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheValkarian

syndicates have run their course

Recommended Posts

On 2019-11-30 at 9:30 AM, Steel_Rook said:

Why, though? What's the actual purpose of the Syndicate rivalry? It doesn't add anything to the game's lore since most of the relationships don't make sense (why are New Loka hippies allied with the capitalist industrialist Peryn Sequence?), it doesn't add any gameplay depth because they boil down to reading the Wiki and grinding more and it doesn't even add any kind of unique element of players banding together to trade across warring divides. Worse, it requires us to wear a giant ugly sigil that at best we can sort of hide and make transparent. What exactly would be lost by allowing players to be allied with all six Syndicates at the same time and simply dump Standing with them as it maxes out? What's so bad about non-confrontational factions like the Ostron or Solaris United? Would the game be improved if getting standing with Little Duck docked you standing with the Quills? I mean it doesn't make sense thematically, but then neither does the Perryn Sequence being mad at me for helping war refugees given that their one big story arc... Is helping war refugees.

Warframe has so many systems which seem to exist for no reason other than to add more unnecessary grind and which have long since lost their purpose. Everything to do with the Incubator, for instance, has no reason to exist but we drag it along like cyst growing out the side of the game because it kind of showed up one day and never went way. What's the point of this system?

Hell you could keep the kill-squad idea for Syndicates by having Syndicates have their own enemies, and kill-squads of those enemies appear when you get to a high enough rank in that Syndicate.

For example, if you're high rank in Steel Meridian, a Nightwatch special ops team might show up to hunt you down, Perrin might get an Auditor team, New Loka supporters might occasionally see one of Vay Hek's elite guard (supported by Ghouls) because of Loka's interference with Vay Hek's operations on Earth. Red Veil might need an enemy to be made up for them, although you could maybe argue they could get some sort of Void-cultist hitsquad. Suda and Hexis might get targeted by the Infested for their close association with the Tenno by some sort of evolved assassin-Infested.

You can talk about what sorts of enemies would fit best, and whether they should get new lore as a result, but it probably works better than what we have now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, MJ12 said:

Hell you could keep the kill-squad idea for Syndicates by having Syndicates have their own enemies, and kill-squads of those enemies appear when you get to a high enough rank in that Syndicate.

That's actually a pretty good idea 🙂 Give each Syndicate their own enemies we can't be allied with. The better our standing with a Syndicate, the higher the chance we'll get assassinated by that Syndicate's enemies. Removes the need to grind and re-grind different Syndicate progression while still retaining some amount of disincentive regarding being constantly on good terms with all of them. Being friends with all six Syndicates would mean being marked for death by six different enemies, meaning more assassins per mission. I dig it, since those assassinations do help break up the monotony of grinding missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

Your red text doesn't make anything you say more important you know that right.... and de have themselves said that we can trade for stuff so it is an integral part of the game....

EVERYTHING you listed as becoming a main feature is optional content, you don't need to do syndicates, you don't need to do relics, you don't need to do rivens and you don't have to do liches.... not to mention none of those things require trade if you're prepared to put the time (not much these days with eso) into them which seems to be the biggest issue that you have. 

  1. the red text is just there to put emphasis on the points you missed which was that i was making a distinction between main and side content
  2. i never said relics rivens and liches are main content if you read it properly i said they are added features that are now pushing trading into the zone of main content
  3. i have no issue with putting time into the game im saying that side content should take more time than main content to complete
  4. also i have no issues with relics,rivens and liches, thats just you trying to divert my claim that the syndicate system is flawed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Drasiel said:

I've been playing for 6 years I was here before syndicates if that doesn't grant one use of the term vet in a live service game that isn't intended to end then clearly no MMO has ever had veteran players.

I'm  not acting like a king you are assigning malicious intent to my words because my opinion is different than yours.

Differing opinion doesn't equal ignorance although your constant braying of "think of the Children  newbies" is starting to come off as insincere.

  1. i never assigned malicious intent to your words, the fact that you are acting like the problem shouldn't be looked at because you and other high level players don't have a problem with it is why i said you were acting like a king
  2. i have never said "newbies" i have only said newer players which means anybody who started the game after you
  3. the fact that you purposely left the children remark in your comment shown your kingly outlook even more
  4. i called you ignorant because you refuse to look at the problem from the perspective of a NEWER player not because you have a different opinion
  5. also i called you ignorant because you act like "veterans" should have more of a say in topics than newer player and that newer players should shut up and deal with it
  6. your comment about how i should respect your opinion just because you a "veteran" who has played for six years shows how kingly you think you are
  7. this line of conversation is clearly going away from the subject as i have clearly injured your "veteran's" pride by showing you your ignorance so here are the facts...i have made a topic about an issue that affects NEWER player and you have already surpassed said issue and now are berating me for bringing up said issue as well as swinging your "veteran status" around to show off how better you are, the issue is still there and still affecting NEWER players and as you are an OLDER player this should not be any of your concern but you still wanted to compare d*ck sizes with myself and NEWER players. i shall now leave you alone as i have more important things to concern myself with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesnt take that long to do syndicate missions, rank up ,explore get medallions/mark/etc - get items from from each syndicate. You DONT have to do them if you dont want to. Gives us who likes them incentives (certain mods and weapons are incentive . why not?)to explore. I dont even trade.i like them as they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

honestly i want them to go all out in developing syndicate system and content. all these guys including liches need their own strong holds there are enough space on planets for them to exist. why isnt perrin on jupiter why isnt bresha on saturn or sedna?

syndicate missions need to be revamped to not be a reskin of old missions. the liches failed on this too. while i like increased enemy difficulty on the planets due to liches, its just reskin

kill squads need to be more like wolf or stalker fights. why isnt perrin using some kind of modified version or zanuka or ambulis? there is so much potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheValkarian said:
  1. i never said relics rivens and liches are main content if you read it properly i said they are added features that are now pushing trading into the zone of main content

But they're not..... everything you listed is optional, you don't have to do it and none of what you listed is pushing you into trading, it's again optional incase you don't want to spend the time doing the grind yourself or have really bad rng....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

But they're not..... everything you listed is optional, you don't have to do it and none of what you listed is pushing you into trading, it's again optional incase you don't want to spend the time doing the grind yourself or have really bad rng....

im saying that increasing the amount of tradable content is pushing trading in to a main part of content i have said this THREE times now im not saying relics,rivens and liches are main content and i have not said that they are not optional, ALL i have said that with the INCREASE in TRADABLE content trading is being pushed in the being mainstream content when trading should always be a sideline piece of content, relics,riven and liches are your choice but the fact that so many things are mainly gotten through trading is pushing it to be a main part of the game. To emphasise I HAVE NEVER ONCE SAID THAT RELIC,RIVENS AND LICHES ARE MAIN CONTENT ALL I HAVE SAID IS THAT THEY ARE INCREASING TRADINGS STANDING IN THE GAME. apparently i have to put everything in red so you can understand what i am saying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TheValkarian said:

im saying that increasing the amount of tradable content is pushing trading in to a main part of content i have said this THREE times now im not saying relics,rivens and liches are main content and i have not said that they are not optional, ALL i have said that with the INCREASE in TRADABLE content trading is being pushed in the being mainstream content when trading should always be a sideline piece of content, relics,riven and liches are your choice but the fact that so many things are mainly gotten through trading is pushing it to be a main part of the game. To emphasise I HAVE NEVER ONCE SAID THAT RELIC,RIVENS AND LICHES ARE MAIN CONTENT ALL I HAVE SAID IS THAT THEY ARE INCREASING TRADINGS STANDING IN THE GAME. apparently i have to put everything in red so you can understand what i am saying

But the things you mention are not pushing trading anymore than old content did... seriously no idea why you're thinking it's so important in the current game when it's no more important now than it was when I started playing. 

If you're prepared to put the time in you do not even need to touch trade, it's purely there to give players alternative ways to get missing items if they don't want to grind or their rng is bad, it always has been like this. 

And I'm done with this topic, your replies are gradually getting worse and well I've got better things to do.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-11-30 at 1:30 PM, Steel_Rook said:

Worse, it requires us to wear a giant ugly sigil that at best we can sort of hide and make transparent. 

Nothing bothers me about syndicates except this.  This could be easily fixed by allowing us to select a syndicate to support on main screen, like we select a school.  This can be located right under the school and above the Parazon tool.  Your rank in school should affect bonus and your claim to support affects + / - to other schools.  This makes more since as well (terrorist claiming actions in support of red veil, or some sigil an invisible guy was wearing that came in and killed everyone).  

Then sigils are pure cosmetic and if you happened to like the 5% sigil (over the 15%) you could wear it.  If you wanted to wear a rift and blood sigil, you could do that as well without loss to syndicate gains.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-11-30 at 1:28 PM, TheValkarian said:

stayed the same whilst changing

Huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheValkarian said:
  1. i never assigned malicious intent to your words, the fact that you are acting like the problem shouldn't be looked at because you and other high level players don't have a problem with it is why i said you were acting like a king
  2. i have never said "newbies" i have only said newer players which means anybody who started the game after you
  3. the fact that you purposely left the children remark in your comment shown your kingly outlook even more
  4. i called you ignorant because you refuse to look at the problem from the perspective of a NEWER player not because you have a different opinion
  5. also i called you ignorant because you act like "veterans" should have more of a say in topics than newer player and that newer players should shut up and deal with it
  6. your comment about how i should respect your opinion just because you a "veteran" who has played for six years shows how kingly you think you are
  7. this line of conversation is clearly going away from the subject as i have clearly injured your "veteran's" pride by showing you your ignorance so here are the facts...i have made a topic about an issue that affects NEWER player and you have already surpassed said issue and now are berating me for bringing up said issue as well as swinging your "veteran status" around to show off how better you are, the issue is still there and still affecting NEWER players and as you are an OLDER player this should not be any of your concern but you still wanted to compare d*ck sizes with myself and NEWER players. i shall now leave you alone as i have more important things to concern myself with

maybe you should have a glass of water or something you're getting pretty worked up.

My opinion is that there is no problem with syndicates. Your opinion is that there is. There is no objective truth here only opinions. Of course I don't think your "problem" should be looked at I don't see it as a problem. You obviously do which is fine, I can provide counter points they don't have to convince or appeal to you in order to be valid feedback.

Newer players/newbies, that's just semantics you didn't care to enforce until I told you how long I've been playing.

No the fact that I left the children remark in is because I think your attitude is arrogant and your unwillingness to acquiesce to the idea that opinions that oppose yours are also valid feedback is annoying and unbecoming of someone who claims their opponent is the ignorant one.

So you're just skipping over why I said this isn't a problem that new players face then? Here I'll quote it for you

9 hours ago, Drasiel said:

Being able to faster max and get to a bunch of weapons they can't use, mods they don't have the warframes for, and archwing parts which they can't build isn't going to help newbies, that only helps vets or mid level players which should have no problem with a 2 week turnover to swap syndicates once you have leveled up them up once.

I in no way think that I have more say than anyone else, You have been increasingly antagonistic towards me whenever I provide a rebuttal to the comments you directly ask me about and repeatedly insulted me by calling me ignorant and toxic, so tell me again how I'm the one treating others like what I say is more valid. This is a public forum a place for discourse and discussion of opinions.

You asked why I think levelling multiple syndicates to max wasn't an issue: I said it's because I consider it a veteran activity. A veteran as in someone who has played the game for a long time and has the resources and time to spare. You rebutted that with the fact that a live service game doesn't end so there can't be veterans. So I told you how long I've played and said if that doesn't count as a veteran then no mmo has veteran players. You rebutted with: Now you are lording your playtime over us and invalidating our opinions.

So for everyone else in here lets cover some fun facts:

  1. OP is mastery 22
  2. OP is a veteran, their account has been around since the Fusion MOA event at the start of open beta
  3. OP didn't participate in events from eyes of blight up to Hostile mergers.
  4. OP has 357 hours
  5. OP clearly has taken a very long hiatus at some point

These are OP's syndicates. Either they've never levelled them up before or they are in the process of swapping sides. Judging from the negatives they chose to level steel and Red veil first angering the other syndicates.

QOsOPb1.png

It looks to me like the problem isn't with the syndicate rivalry system itself but the way OP is going about levelling them, seeing how this is clearly a personal problem they are having it makes sense why they are so hostile towards other opinions.

The most efficient way to get the 4 they are going towards is levelling up arbiters actively until suda is maxed passively then leveling steel meridian actively until Red Veil is maxed passively. This system works pretty quickly and should help them should they deign to climb off their high horse and read it.

final fun fact: you can look at anyone's profile in game with the /profile usernamehere command.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would only agree that syndicate offerings could use some updating to keep their usefulness relevant. Otherwise once a player has purchased all the archwing parts, cosmetics and warframe augments needed, the syndicate ceases to be useful except for relic packs perhaps.

Adding exilus weapon adapters was a nice touch and could be expanded further. Purchaseable forma blueprints anyone? Just to get another avenue for using up that syndicate standing which seems to pile up.

With regards to the enmity between syndicates, I've no problem with that but some expanding of the lore behind would be nice along with some related quests or missions to fight rival syndicates (I've wanted to kick the rear ends of those New Loka meddling hippies for a long time). Getting stuff from enemy syndicates is as simple as selling stuff from your own syndicate then buying stuff from enemy syndicates with that plat earned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

maybe you should have a glass of water or something you're getting pretty worked up.

My opinion is that there is no problem with syndicates. Your opinion is that there is. There is no objective truth here only opinions. Of course I don't think your "problem" should be looked at I don't see it as a problem. You obviously do which is fine, I can provide counter points they don't have to convince or appeal to you in order to be valid feedback.

Newer players/newbies, that's just semantics you didn't care to enforce until I told you how long I've been playing.

No the fact that I left the children remark in is because I think your attitude is arrogant and your unwillingness to acquiesce to the idea that opinions that oppose yours are also valid feedback is annoying and unbecoming of someone who claims their opponent is the ignorant one.

So you're just skipping over why I said this isn't a problem that new players face then? Here I'll quote it for you

I in no way think that I have more say than anyone else, You have been increasingly antagonistic towards me whenever I provide a rebuttal to the comments you directly ask me about and repeatedly insulted me by calling me ignorant and toxic, so tell me again how I'm the one treating others like what I say is more valid. This is a public forum a place for discourse and discussion of opinions.

You asked why I think levelling multiple syndicates to max wasn't an issue: I said it's because I consider it a veteran activity. A veteran as in someone who has played the game for a long time and has the resources and time to spare. You rebutted that with the fact that a live service game doesn't end so there can't be veterans. So I told you how long I've played and said if that doesn't count as a veteran then no mmo has veteran players. You rebutted with: Now you are lording your playtime over us and invalidating our opinions.

So for everyone else in here lets cover some fun facts:

  1. OP is mastery 22
  2. OP is a veteran, their account has been around since the Fusion MOA event at the start of open beta
  3. OP didn't participate in events from eyes of blight up to Hostile mergers.
  4. OP has 357 hours
  5. OP clearly has taken a very long hiatus at some point

These are OP's syndicates. Either they've never levelled them up before or they are in the process of swapping sides. Judging from the negatives they chose to level steel and Red veil first angering the other syndicates.

QOsOPb1.png

It looks to me like the problem isn't with the syndicate rivalry system itself but the way OP is going about levelling them, seeing how this is clearly a personal problem they are having it makes sense why they are so hostile towards other opinions.

The most efficient way to get the 4 they are going towards is levelling up arbiters actively until suda is maxed passively then leveling steel meridian actively until Red Veil is maxed passively. This system works pretty quickly and should help them should they deign to climb off their high horse and read it.

final fun fact: you can look at anyone's profile in game with the /profile usernamehere command.

ever considered he might be switching between syndicates? Mine looks like that currently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nerfinator6 said:

ever considered he might be switching between syndicates? Mine looks like that currently

Yes I even said that in the post you quoted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Drasiel said:

Yes I even said that in the post you quoted.

  1. i am currently switching between and thats why a found this to be a long winded issue for side content
  2. i am sorry if it seem like i am ignoring you viewpoint but as i have said i wish to know what newer player think about this more than vets
  3. i will accept than warframe has vets in terms of how long they have played but that doesnt make a vet better or worse than newer player or have more entitlement
  4. i am sorry if i have offended you but you have to understand that the way you were speaking seem'd like you were lording over us and i apologize for the misunderstanding between us
  5. i am not so bothered about the syndicate system itself more than what locked behind them as you have said syndicates rn are something more for vets but augments and the syndicate weapons shouldnt be mainly for vets (especially since the syndicate weapons are just variants and not new weapons) newer players should have easier access to them to lessen the "warframe hate casuals" attitude that is happening around warframe
  6. i havent taken a hiatus i just dont get much chance to play and having to switch between syndicate once was annoying enough
  7. i only called you toxin because in my FIRST reply to you which was just me asking you to look at it from a newer players perspective you decided to attack me and call me insincere and just now you have gone to my profile to find some sort of dirt on me, i am not bothered by what people think of me nor do i care about having or not having veteran status

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TheValkarian said:
  1. i am currently switching between and thats why a found this to be a long winded issue for side content
  2. i am sorry if it seem like i am ignoring you viewpoint but as i have said i wish to know what newer player think about this more than vets
  3. i will accept than warframe has vets in terms of how long they have played but that doesnt make a vet better or worse than newer player or have more entitlement
  4. i am sorry if i have offended you but you have to understand that the way you were speaking seem'd like you were lording over us and i apologize for the misunderstanding between us
  5. i am not so bothered about the syndicate system itself more than what locked behind them as you have said syndicates rn are something more for vets but augments and the syndicate weapons shouldnt be mainly for vets (especially since the syndicate weapons are just variants and not new weapons) newer players should have easier access to them to lessen the "warframe hate casuals" attitude that is happening around warframe
  6. i havent taken a hiatus i just dont get much chance to play and having to switch between syndicate once was annoying enough
  7. i only called you toxin because in my FIRST reply to you which was just me asking you to look at it from a newer players perspective you decided to attack me and call me insincere and just now you have gone to my profile to find some sort of dirt on me, i am not bothered by what people think of me nor do i care about having or not having veteran status

I suspected that might be the case, although normally having 4 syndicates in the negative is not that common if you maximize swap choices so I left the door open that maybe you hadn't got to them yet. There are a lot of things to do in warframe more now than ever, it's always possible someone hasn't bitten into the same cookie as you. I can appreciate wanting newer players opinions, but warframe has a tendency to slide back and forth in who it favours direction wise and I think Syndicates actually bridge the entire gambit.

I can't speak any differently than how I speak I can understand misunderstandings born of text though for what it's worth I accept your apology and apologize for become petty.

Rather than removing the current ally enemy system it might make sense then to move some of the augments down to lower levels. Some warframes aren't gained early game so say by the time you are rank 3 you normally have your starter, rhino, and.... frost maybe? is he on mars or phobos now? So their augments could happily be moved to rank 2 with the mid level planet frame's augments moving down to rank 3. This would give more to buy at each level if you like that sort of thing and ease new players into augments easier. I do disagree with the guns as they are both status symbols and in many cases much more powerful than their default version. Their power level was recently (within the last couple years) also balanced with their mastery rank requirements so to avoid creating a FOO strategy (best option for all encounters) out of the guns they would either need to be nerfed severely to put access lower (because there is no point in putting mastery 10+ weapons into the hands of mastery 5 players who can't use them).

Hiatus or lack of play time does explain why  you haven't been to able to just kinda background the system. If you don't make the daily syndicate caps it would take a lot longer

this was actually my first reply to you:

On 2019-12-02 at 10:27 AM, Drasiel said:

If someone chose to ignore the syndicate systems that's on them the game system doesn't need to change for the people who wilfully don't want to participate. It's only a daunting task once. Once you have given your sacrifices for a faction you never have to again it's just standing. The system is set up with the expectation that you trade your faction stuff with the people in other factions for their stuff. That is why everything is tradable except syandanas, sigils, and the little statues. New players are only expected to level up maybe 1 or 2 factions. When they have extra time and interest later then they can level others. Rome wasn't built in a day.

I'm looking at it from the perspective of a vet because those should be the only people who are actively switching syndicates and for a vet it only takes 2 weeks to swap to get the newest items if you don't want to trade for them.

I didn't call you insincere until the 3rd reply, which I apologize for. I actually looked up your profile to see what kind of player you were, how long you had been playing, and  where you were at with syndicates because you were being so aggressive about it. Your stats actually clearly point to why this is an issue not just for new players, or mid range players but vets without the time. That information actually helps couch your complaint in... this sounds weird to say but like a necessary fatty layer for easy digestion? Syndicates aren't really something you can "git gud" with they really just do take time.

all that said though if you are trying to raise steel, arbiters, suda, and and red veil it is much more streamlined to level arbiters first and let suda passively grow off that, then swap to steel and passively raise veil. The way the bonus's synergies and the enemies line up this is the easiest way to level the left half of the syndicates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-12-02 at 8:33 PM, MJ12 said:

Hell you could keep the kill-squad idea for Syndicates by having Syndicates have their own enemies, and kill-squads of those enemies appear when you get to a high enough rank in that Syndicate.

For example, if you're high rank in Steel Meridian, a Nightwatch special ops team might show up to hunt you down, Perrin might get an Auditor team, New Loka supporters might occasionally see one of Vay Hek's elite guard (supported by Ghouls) because of Loka's interference with Vay Hek's operations on Earth. Red Veil might need an enemy to be made up for them, although you could maybe argue they could get some sort of Void-cultist hitsquad. Suda and Hexis might get targeted by the Infested for their close association with the Tenno by some sort of evolved assassin-Infested.

You can talk about what sorts of enemies would fit best, and whether they should get new lore as a result, but it probably works better than what we have now.

This, definitely. It would neatly solve the weird lore of the syndicates hating eachother enough to send killsquads but still set up shop in the same place and work with their enemies on quests. Being able to actually grind all six of them up would be a huge plus as well as at least i kind of do a lot of syndicate missions for fun, not too big of a fan of the high level stuff like liches etc.

It would also be a good point to actually update those kill teams from what they are now so that they would spawn a unit that makes more sense than only a mass of the exact same exilus enemies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Drasiel said:

I didn't call you insincere until the 3rd reply, which I apologize for. I actually looked up your profile to see what kind of player you were, how long you had been playing, and  where you were at with syndicates because you were being so aggressive about it. Your stats actually clearly point to why this is an issue not just for new players, or mid range players but vets without the time. That information actually helps couch your complaint in... this sounds weird to say but like a necessary fatty layer for easy digestion? Syndicates aren't really something you can "git gud" with they really just do take time.

all that said though if you are trying to raise steel, arbiters, suda, and and red veil it is much more streamlined to level arbiters first and let suda passively grow off that, then swap to steel and passively raise veil. The way the bonus's synergies and the enemies line up this is the easiest way to level the left half of the syndicates.

  • i am sorry about that, i indeed have remembered the start incorrectly and i would also like to apologize for that as my misunderstanding would make you out to be an attacker.
  • i would also like to thank you for the advice for more efficiently ranking up syndicates as well as your idea to change the rank at which some augments are introduced to ease new players in to them.
  • i did not know about the syndicate weapons getting a buff to match their MR requirement so i shall retract my statement about the be just re-skins but i still wish that the syndicates had a unique weapon instead of a new hek or a new cernos.
  • and i think that syndicates should have individual standing as it doesn't make sense that the standing cap is shared between all of them and would make it easier on people without a lot of time to focus on them as even when i was focusing on them with the resources need to rank up and the rep it took me 3 months to max steel, although i do have more time to play now which means i can farm them more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vahenir said:

This, definitely. It would neatly solve the weird lore of the syndicates hating eachother enough to send killsquads but still set up shop in the same place and work with their enemies on quests. Being able to actually grind all six of them up would be a huge plus as well as at least i kind of do a lot of syndicate missions for fun, not too big of a fan of the high level stuff like liches etc.

Exactly, though i feel like some of my ideas were ignored by some other posters. I would rather be able to be rank 5 in all of them so it feels like you did some lore progression such as getting all of them to tolerate each other while you have `big brother/sis tenno` telling them to compromise and focus on more common foes like the grineer, corpus & infested.

Which might be again a nice tie in, where syndicate missions could maybe be fine-tuned to lead to friendly competitive types of missions with other syndicates such as a unique modifier based on the syndicate to make things interesting. Sort of like nightmare missions but it could be more of a buff modifier to make you play slightly different, such as maybe increase your mag size by 50%, but increase reload time by 50% or your melee attacks get a 80% range increase but attack speed goes down by 40%. Just some fun modifier examples that would tweak our weapons work, instead of something like low gravity.

Plus it could be some nice tie-in to reuse the Zanuka Hunter, Hyenas, Gustrag 3, Tubemen, Sergeant (give that boi a corpus version of a imperator and some heavy armor so he can get his revenge yo), Phorid and so on `mini bosses`, since they could get a new place to appear, since plenty of them either die too easily, tied to one specific thing or you will likely never run into, since most people likely barely do invasion missions, especially once you got the weapons from them.

2 hours ago, Vahenir said:

It would also be a good point to actually update those kill teams from what they are now so that they would spawn a unit that makes more sense than only a mass of the exact same exilus enemies.

Plus yeah, though i find the Gustrag 3 & Stalker rather underwhelming these days, i still find them more interesting then a dozen rollers/specters/eximus units, which how the heck can some of those factions even get thar hands on CORRUPTED specters, considering thats a void thing aka where if your usually not a tenno, you going to get corrupted into mind-less attack drones normally. Seriously D.E. give us some fun assassins instead, Its not like Salad V would of kept the blueprints of Zanuka and could of sold them to Nef Anyo and other Corpus board members, considering part of his initial plot wanted him trying to sell the thing and he still is doing that kind of stuff, especially with his disruption technology.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Factions are the second worst grind in the game after focus systems. TBH, my advice is to generally avoid grinding them as they are now, it's way more efficient to grind for plat and buy what you want instead. 

If I'd had my way, I'd rework syndicates this way:

* X10 on the daily caps. Being artifically gated is so 2018

* Remove assassin squads, they're annoying and honestly make little sense from a lore perspective. 

* Rework the tributes to require challenges rather than items.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tend to agree with removing the opposition system - but I still think you should be limited to a max of 3 syndicates at any given time.  (With starting a 4th forcing you to abandon another).

As others said, this is very good for getting people into trading and communicating.  It also keeps those things in the loot pools desired by somebody.  What incentive do I have to ever buy a duplicate syndicate mod or weapon if not to trade to another player? None at all.  

I do think the reasons you said for the opposition system being dumb to be quite real though - there's no logical reason half these factions hate eachother or get along, and as you mentioned, they miraculously stop caring when you're doing something for them.   Like "hey, sorry we tried to assassinate you 50000 times, can you help me kill Ambulas plz." 

The negative affinity with Syndicates is nothing but a bad resource sink... seriously I had to give up catalysts and reactors to change mine, and considering the scarcity of these in-game, it's very disingenuous... like they are forcing you to buy potatoes to get out of the hole... or wait for an event or something to happen.  Potatoes should never be asked for anything but for installing on frames and weapons - anything else is an insult, and reeks of money grubbing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they do keep the opposition system they should really look at which ideaologies oppose and which fit well together. For example Perrin Sequence and Steel Meridian should be allies, one is an altruistic merchant union and the other is a military faction protecting the colonies. Red veil should be with New Loka, both are cults looking to revert or wipe out humanity albeit for different reasons. Arbiters of Hexis and Cephalon Suda both are searching for information albeit for different means.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-12-04 at 2:43 AM, TheValkarian said:
  • i am sorry about that, i indeed have remembered the start incorrectly and i would also like to apologize for that as my misunderstanding would make you out to be an attacker.
  • i would also like to thank you for the advice for more efficiently ranking up syndicates as well as your idea to change the rank at which some augments are introduced to ease new players in to them.
  • i did not know about the syndicate weapons getting a buff to match their MR requirement so i shall retract my statement about the be just re-skins but i still wish that the syndicates had a unique weapon instead of a new hek or a new cernos.
  • and i think that syndicates should have individual standing as it doesn't make sense that the standing cap is shared between all of them and would make it easier on people without a lot of time to focus on them as even when i was focusing on them with the resources need to rank up and the rep it took me 3 months to max steel, although i do have more time to play now which means i can farm them more.

yeah the syndicate weapons are intended to be a sidegrade to the wraith/vandal/prime variants now with a special syndicate effect. All the guns got a rebalance and mastery pass much earlier in the year with melee receiving its about a month or two ago.

tuning the syndicates to individual could be interesting but also more complicated because instead of enemies cancelling out each others standing game you would only consume half the daily standing for an enemy syndicate. You could max all syndicates but it would be a constant juggle and you would absolutely have to max the standing on every one to come out ahead which would actually take a greater investment in time spent leveling syndicates daily, time spent swapping sigils, and if you had a cap of 20k on each syndicate you would only effectively be getting 10k standing per syndicate per day. That's all without considering the bonus standing from sydnicate missions (+ the bonus from wearing the correct sigil in each syndicate mission) and syndicate medallions which are random between 500, 1000, 5000 and you now have to consider every syndicate whenever to turn them in if you want to keep balanced. I think even with seperate standing caps you would ultimately end up leveling them the same way you do now, left four or right four because it's simple and easy to understand verses the plate spinning juggle that seperate caps would open up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...