Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New "environment" Hazard - Faction Warfare!

Brimir

You're on a Capture mission against Grineer.

Then boom!

All of the sudden an Infested Derelict smashes into the Grineer ship, breaking the hull and hordes of Infested start swarming the Grineer ship.

Or you're raiding a Corpus Outpost when all of the sudden a Grineer dropship touches down and starts spewing forth Grineer grunts also intent on ruining the Corpus' day.

Or you're on an Extermination mission against Infested on an ex-Corpus Outpost when all of the sudden the Corpus arrive, intent on taking back their property.

I've always enjoyed it when I am doing an Extermination mission against one faction, then Lotus switches the faction to another. For a brief moment you have the initial faction fighting the new one. I quite enjoy watching that, so I feel like this feature could and should be expanded upon. We had that one event way back where we had to intervene when the Grineer were bullying the Corpus around. Sadly that one didn't involve any actual conflict between the two. But it reveals that the factions actually do fight each other on a galatical scale, which we Tenno are not shown much of.

You'll face twice as many enemies as usual, but they will also fight each other so you're not entirely screwed. In the case of Extermination missions, the new troops from the arriving faction will also have to be killed in order to complete the objective. Again, more work for you but as they do kill each other it sorta evens out.

These "invasions" would be random and triggered sorta like the low/high tempature environment hazards.

Edited by Brimir

It would definitely make the Warframe world feel more alive. That's the main reason I feel it should be included. After all, the Grineer and Corpus are supposed to be involved in an all-out galactic brawl of control and the Infested just wants to attack anyone they come across.

Cool idea! +1 for this

What about letting the other faction only effects the mission indirect. For example the Corpus ship you are in is attacked by a Grineer ship which causes some special effekts to the corpus ship, like shaking ground,some explosions, breaking windows and the breakdown of the lights.

Cool idea! +1 for this

What about letting the other faction only effects the mission indirect. For example the Corpus ship you are in is attacked by a Grineer ship which causes some special effekts to the corpus ship, like shaking ground,some explosions, breaking windows and the breakdown of the lights.

Well, yeah that would be ideal. However it would require more work. We already have the ability for the game to switch faction, so probably it could quite easily be modified to add faction to a mission. Lets start with the fundamentals and then polish it off later :)