The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 75%off coupon scam

(PSN)Nightninja2413

8 hours ago, Drasiel said:

Going by the trading rules found on the support website that is enough to at least warrant examination of their account.

the whole article is here if you are curious: https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200092259-Trading-FAQ-Safe-Trading-Tips

I'll just send a ticket to de and straight up ask. I dont know what it's like on PC but I literally can't watch trade chat for more than a few minutes without someone trying it. That doesnt mean its allowed, of course, but it tells me that if it isnt allowed at the very least it isnt enforced very consistently. 

2 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

I'll just send a ticket to de and straight up ask. I dont know what it's like on PC but I literally can't watch trade chat for more than a few minutes without someone trying it. That doesnt mean its allowed, of course, but it tells me that if it isnt allowed at the very least it isnt enforced very consistently. 

Trading discounts is a violation of the ToS and EULA and can lead to a full game ban, even if the person is not trying to scam.  If you screenshot and send to support, they will act on it.  They will not tell you what action they take, as they will not name and shame, but they will take action.

Edited by (XB1)R3d P01nt
Grammar

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200092259-Trading-FAQ-Safe-Trading-Tips

Can I trade for items or services not listed in the Trade interface?

No, trading is restricted to what is listed in the trading UI. Players trading for items or services not listed in the trading interface face removal of trading privilege, account suspension or permanent banning.

A Note on "Real Money Trading" and "Special Deals"

You might see players (either in-game or on various websites) offering special deals on discounted Platinum. Note that these Platinum sellers are not legitimate: please visit our website for a full list of authorized Platinum retailers.

Please also note that the in-game trading system is intended only for equitable trades between players, not for trading large amounts of Platinum between accounts. If you purchase your Platinum from a legitimate source, it will be deposited directly into your account ie you will not need to provide access to your account to anyone, nor will you need to make a trade to receive it.

And while we are always happy to see how generous Tenno can be with each other, we strongly advise that you approach any deals that seem too good to be true with caution. If a player you barely know offers to ‘give’ you a large amount of Platinum in exchange for relatively valueless items, there’s a good chance the Platinum was not legitimately obtained (for example, it might have been stolen from another player’s account, or it might have been purchased using fraudulent credit card information).

If you have purchased Platinum through an unofficial 3rd party site or from another player, there’s a strong chance it was also obtained in the manner described above. Should an investigation find that you received Platinum from one of these fraudulent sources, it can and will be removed from your account. 

With that said, the vast majority of players who use the trading system are honest and respectful, and you should not hesitate to trade with them. In the rare event that you find yourself unwittingly caught up in one of these situations, please contact Warframe Support and we will be happy to work with you to resolve the issue and get you back into the game as soon as possible.

Edited by SilverRook

This seems to be more predominant on consoles, because on PC i hardly ever see any of those and when they appear, the player only posts once, meaning usually in less than 2 minutes the player was already adressed.

Since these types of infractions are so low, anything that appears ends up standing out, so each player is kicked 1 at a time, leaving trade chat and region chat pretty much clean and giving a clear message that if you do the same, same consequences will happen.

On consoles, without an actual will to report those types of players, you guys are screwed.

Edited by KIREEK

5 hours ago, KIREEK said:

This seems to be more predominant on consoles it seems, because on PC i hardly ever see any of those and when they appear, the player only posts once, meaning usually in less than 2 minutes the player was already adressed.

Since these types of infractions are so low, anything that appears ends up standing out, so each player is kicked 1 at a time, leaving trade chat and region chat pretty much clean and giving a clear message that if you do the same, same consequences will happen.

On consoles, without an actual will to report those types of players, you guys are screwed.

I think it has a lot to do with how the coupons work. On PC the discount is on buying the plat, on consoles the discount is on a single purchased item.

11 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

I think it has a lot to do with how the coupons work. On PC the discount is on buying the plat, on consoles the discount is on a single purchased item.

This. It's on a single item from the market not including boosters or tennogen. And the item can be gifted. And if anything maybe coupons should simply not apply to gifts. That would be the end of it. 

5 hours ago, KIREEK said:

This seems to be more predominant on consoles it seems, because on PC i hardly ever see any of those and when they appear, the player only posts once, meaning usually in less than 2 minutes the player was already adressed.

>without a will to report it.

I dont think you understand how often it happens. It would be like taking screenshots and sending an ticket everytime someone uses a vowel. (Exaggeration but still)

16 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

I dont think you understand how often it happens. It would be like taking screenshots and sending an ticket everytime someone uses a vowel. (Exaggeration but still)

I see it often enough, but not as often as you make it out to be.  Also, part of the problem is that person A does it and persons B through Z see it and think, "Why can't I do that when I get a coupon," or worse, "I can scam too."  If people start taking action, even partially, it helps to tamp down the problem because less and less people will do it, or will at least think twice before doing it, if they've got a warning from support saying, "Don't do this or face a game ban."

On 2019-12-01 at 1:40 AM, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

I played another game where people actually traded PSN cards in game. So dumb, all those people that couldn't go the normal route and lost out. You're just adding extra steps and stress by relying on a random person lol.

I occasionally buy plat and trade. I'm not here to do back alley deals with strangers online lol. 

Play eso and grind out Mastercraft people will pay you real money for sets if they are sad enough 

• Like 1