Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Ancient Infested Be Blocked?

alpenhornblazer

Question

8 answers to this question

Well first you have to block in order to activate the 80% chance, and second the still probably knock you down, you just knock them down also. 

If you did that, then can't help ya.

long story short, blocking still sucks

Edited by Scheifen

Fortitude. :D When it activates, you slide back instead falling over. Also it's almost as effective as maxed out Fast Deflection, and the Knockdown resist makes up for that. I'd bet Sure Footed is even more effective. Far more useful than the RARE Auto Parry....which isn't anti-knockdown.

Edited by Khaos_Zand3r

So naturally the only benefit I could think of for the rare melee mods (Autoparry, rreflection etc.) would be to block ancient infested the moment they play Mr.Fantastic with your face.

But i even with a 80% chance to knockdown they knocked me all over the place.

What am I doing wrong?

it doesn't activate on melee attacks, that's why, since reflex guard takes our your weapon and swings it in front of you. that wouldn't work for a melee attack so it dosn't activate from one. 

It seems that blocking reduces the damage but won't let you resist the knockdown. I tried blocking manually multiple times and they always knock me down. It's stupid I know XD

Then you're not doing it fast enough, as you can block for sure as host. (Of course at the same timing level, you could have just rolled away to begin with)

Fortitude. :D When it activates, you slide back instead falling over. Also it's almost as effective as maxed out Fast Deflection, and the Knockdown resist makes up for that. I'd bet Sure Footed is even more effective. Far more useful than the RARE Auto Parry....which isn't anti-knockdown.

Maxed fortitude gives only a 20% chance, so its not too reliable. I thought the knockdown from Ancient Infested was different from the stomp from heavy gunners and other heavy units, but apparently it is not considered a melee attack at all, but rather has an area effect.

Edited by alpenhornblazer