Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Heavy Attack on hold should be an option

DreWulff

Hi, I've been really enjoying the new Melee changes, and find that the new Combo and Heavy Attack mechanics are quite nice. The only problem that I have is that at some point it's been added back that a Heavy Attack can be performed by holding down de E button. I think this should be an option that can be toggled on/off in the game's options, as performing a Heavy Attack usually drains your whole Combo meter, and it's really annoying when you have such meter maxed out and you perform an accidental Heavy Attack.

I would be very grateful if this is to be changed :)

• Like 2

I believe it was put back in from the old charge attack due to being interconnected currently with how Void blast charge attacks work. Removing it with Melee 3.0 broke those moves, and made many of them not function, particularly Madurai's Charge Attack Void blast attack. Perhaps if Void blast amps were put out or more modifications were made to Tenno and focus, it would allow the charge attack control to be more optional.

• Like 1

now that consoles has this update, it is really frustrating to use melee now. when you don't have a heavy build and you waste all your combo on one attack you never wanted to do, we really need to be able to toggle hold4heavy. until then I'm going to avoid melee as it's just frustrating to deal with. especially since i can't even do half of my favorite combos anymore without wasting all that combo progress. 

I know DE wants us to take a bit of time to adapt to the changes but this really needs to be an option for everybody. Please DE, you're kinda my only hope.

*puts on tinfoil hat*

Maybe DE use that "feature" to force us to get used/change our builds for heavy attacks. Or maybe they have some kind of graph on the use of heavy attacks and since that stuff kind of failed to work the way they wanted, they now force us to suffer like this to increase statistics. Hmmmmmmm.

Just remove hold melee to heavy attack altogether if you ask me. Rework the broken concepts that needed hold melee button to create a certain functionality into something that can adapt to the new changes that were placed in game.

That seems like the most reasonable course of action. I mean, Finishers are now tied to Context Action or a separate keybind now, why can’t we have light and heavy attacks on separate keybinds (for controllers, melee on its own button and heavy attacks tied to alt-fire) as well? Hold melee to heavy attack is just too convoluted to use on a fast-paced game.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23