Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bigger Or Smaller Snow Globe

.solitus

Question

17 answers to this question

As my Frost Prime is coming in 3 hours, what do you guys think about snow globe? Bigger is better, or smaller is better? Also I've heard the Fusion MOAs can pass through them. Any ideas? Should I make the snow globe bigger, or smaller?

It depends on the situation. Most likely, the default size of the Snow Globe is sufficient, as it covers the cryopods/artifacts for most Defenses (Mobile, Endless, and the alert/Orokin Void). However, you do want to have a larger Snow Globe for the Grineer Asteroid Defenses because the Orokin Reactor is a large target.

Biggest one I can get, also last longer just for fun. Sure those Ancient aliens could be a problem but you don't put in the middle of the pod. You make sure the area where the creeps are not coming will have little protection. Because the last thing I want on an infested mission is couple of poison spewing Ancient running up to the pod. And then when you kill them they leave that cloud behind.

As for grineer it just feel safer to have a bigger one now that the damn scorcher can pretty much instant kill the pod if giving it a second.

FYI, don't be "That Guy" and cast Snow Globe on Infested defense.

*edit*+1 to next post:

**edit** This kind of space magic :D

yep... that's what avalanche is for..
You quoted the future! What space magic is this?!?!?
Edited by LongDraw

A bigger globe will give players a larger field of view which means they will shoot better and won't get in front of each as much (especially useful to avoid rocket suicide ect).

With a bigger globe you get more space to maneuver and avoid the few enemy attacks that the globe can't stop.

A bigger globes also means the melee enemies (the only type that actually runs straight in) will be slowed sooner, which will give you more time (compared to a small globe) to kill them before they do any damage.

Sure, with a bigger globe enemies will need to walk a couple meters less to get in it, but let's face it, if they are getting in it's because they are piling up and don't have any empty cover where to waste time, so you are about to lose anyway, with or without those meters.

Imo, the question isn't if a bigger globe is better (answer is objectively, yes) it's whether or not it's worth the mod points of equipping stretch and this is where the answer isn't objective anymore. Personally I think it's worth it, especially if you equip avalanche too, but depending on your play style you might want to replace stretch with something else.

Edited by CubedOobleck

Bigger can be ok for Grineer, or even infested. Yes... Infested. Why? Because it slows. It also _greatly_ increases the animation time for mobs you knock down with a melee AOE, like the Hate or the Galatine. Thus, you have that much longer to line up a finishing attack, or plop a few torrids on a Toxic. It pays to think outside the box.

But never big for corpus.The best way to handle corpus is to drop 2 small globes, slightly offset. This causes most of the Ospreys to hit the first globe, then open fire, hitting the inner globe. Don't listen to pugs whine about you doing it in game. You know better.

Edited by WeissKreuz

Bigger can be ok for Grineer, or eve infested. But never corpus.

The best way to handle corpus is to drop 2 small globes, slightly offset. This causes most of the Ospreys to hit the first globe, then open fire, hitting the inner globe. Don't listen to pugs whine about you doing it in game. You know better.

So kinda like those russian dolls that fit inside of each other!

the small globe is big enough to guard the pod if you place it right, if you want to be able to just toss it up without aiming it, go for the big one. keep in mind snowglobe is near useless for most missions, its definitely a niche power

This made me laugh so much; Snow Globe serves as portable cover while dealing temporary/stationary crowd control in general gameplay. The main disadvantage is that it can restrict the firing range for fellow Tenno teammates (i.e. forces them to move inside the Globe).

I love using Snow Globe in Infested Defense due to the crowd control and dislike using larger Snow Globes because the situations where I need the range are scarce, the bigger size restricts the team's firing range even more, and I prefer longer duration over larger range.

As my Frost Prime is coming in 3 hours, what do you guys think about snow globe? Bigger is better, or smaller is better? Also I've heard the Fusion MOAs can pass through them. Any ideas? Should I make the snow globe bigger, or smaller?

Always use the biggest one. Playing as Frost for 4 months now. You can block Fusion MOAs by standing at the edge of the globe with globe of any size. But ancients may cause chaos in small globe if more than 2 of them will enter small snow globe.

Anyway - the bigger the better. Just learn how to use it. How to block Fusion MOA on it's edges. How to cover most important zones and allow Ogris users feel comfortable, how to prevent ospreys from entering your snow globe. You can learn all these small tricks in a week or so.