Jump to content
TheSkeletonPolice

Nekros needs a rework

Recommended Posts

Nekros desperately needs a rework. Something to make him more useful than just a farmer. As he is his abilities aren't very effective for anything but farming resources. Id like something to make him feel more like a powerful necromancer with the idea being to make greater use of his summons. He just doesn't do much as it is. I'd like to be able to tell my summons what to shoot at or even use them as bombs to throw at enemies. Id like his abilities to synergize with his summons, the way a necromancer would.

Something like using an ability to mark enemies for the shadows to kill, or being able to sacrifice a shadow to buff yourself. Shadows also need to be stronger to be able to damage enemies.

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His 1 is solid cc (tho it could be buffed to actually scale a bit/given % max hp damage like smite and dread mirror); his 2 (while the augment became worthless for power/only now exists to not annoy teammates) is a good enough dispersal to rez someone during teamplay or really solid aoe cc for solo/when split; 3 is perfect; 4 could use massive user control/tweaking options but all of its main issues have more to do with the games fundamental problems/stuff not related to Nekros (armor scaling, enemy attacks that lockon instead of using taunt, to a degree pathing). Nothing about how he fundamentally works needs any changes. The worst part of his current kit is ironically his passive because its a "win more" effect/doesnt help him during ramp nor mid combat.

I wouldnt mind his 1, 2 and 4 augments being boosted up a bit (Soul Survivor giving ally invul time proportional to energy spent, creeping terrify again given the full slow/its slow adding condition duration like it used to OR baked in default while creeping terrify lets him use it as a channeled skill that stacks the armor strip and slow, shield of shadows being DR to both nekros and shadows instead of transfer capped at 75% instead of 90%, but also giving nekros a passive "stored souls" charge based version of inaros negating swarm thats effective all status procs and cc by working like nezha hoop or iron skin, up to the 20 times for which you have stored souls, encouraging you to keep reaping, instead of the current mostly bugged "you still get knocked down by blast procs, stuff can still stagger, knockup and knockback you" """cc immunity""" it gives).

However, THE MOST CRUCIAL BUFF NEKROS PRIME NEEDS, is the removal of the damned pinky spaghetti.
 

  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Play him for something other than farming then because hes quite good.

Nekros increases Energy and Health gains for the entire group, AoE CC + Slow, his Shadows have increased Aggro for distraction while also granting Eximus Elemental Immunity to the entire team. Napalms? Toxic Ancients? Pssh. Immune.

The only thing that's questionable these days is his 1st ability augment. It was once a premium way to revive allies outside Vazarin but since Operators there's no real value in the augment anymore. As a touch up they could probably increase the base Armor strip value of Terrify from 20% to 50% so it can actually full strip or make it additive base Armor values so multiple casts will strip. Something like that. The Armor strip portion of that ability might as well not be there right now.

EDIT: Actually, better yet replace the Armor Strip with a nice little Multiplicative damage increase while enemies are feared.

 

Edited by Xzorn
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

EDIT: Actually, better yet replace the Armor Strip with a nice little Multiplicative damage increase while enemies are feared.

Depends on if the multi increase stacks or not (or how high it is baseline if it doesnt stack). 20~25% armor strip is circa 1.15~1.2 damage, however the more armor the enemy has and the more power strength is put on, the better the damage multi has to scale OR it has to multiply itself on repeat casts (easily demonstrated with e.g. 40% strip vs 1.4 multi) AND if DE keeps the trend of giving non greener/corrupted/senti factions armor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

His 1 is solid cc

HAHAHA!

His 1 is absolute garbage. It should instantly kill enemies that are at a certain HP level (like Dread Mirror) and be used to detonate unwanted Shadows.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

Depends on if the multi increase stacks or not (or how high it is baseline if it doesnt stack). 20~25% armor strip is circa 1.15~1.2 damage, however the more armor the enemy has and the more power strength is put on, the better the damage multi has to scale OR it has to multiply itself on repeat casts (easily demonstrated with e.g. 40% strip vs 1.4 multi) AND if DE keeps the trend of giving non greener/corrupted/senti factions armor.

 

Just going for more universally useful. I was thinking like base 50%. Probably wouldn't make sense to stack.
My own interpretation was the enemy is in panic and not defending themselves properly so you're able to hurt them more.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Just going for more universally useful. I was thinking like base 50%. Probably wouldn't make sense to stack.
My own interpretation was the enemy is in panic and not defending themselves properly so you're able to hurt them more.

Pre other armor strips, even 1.5 multi base only lasts until level 80~85ish on average (or closer to 98~100 for universally vs enemies with any amount of armor where shatting isnt bis) before it becomes worse than the 20% reduction if it doesnt stack.
Tho if creeping gets baked in default (even at 40%ish slow) and instead the augment allows nekros slowly stack the slow and damage multi (like D&D progressing types of fear), even 1.4 would suffice then before getting the "augment as hard upgrade making it strong for post starchart".

Edited by Andele3025

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

Pre other armor strips, even 1.5 multi base only lasts until level 80~85ish on average (or closer to 98~100 for universally vs enemies with any amount of armor where shatting isnt bis) before it becomes worse than the 20% reduction if it doesnt stack.
Tho if creeping gets baked in default (even at 40%ish slow) and instead the augment allows nekros slowly stack the slow and damage multi (like D&D progressing types of fear), even 1.4 would suffice then before getting the "augment as hard upgrade making it strong for post starchart".

 

A 50% multiplier isn't really restricted by level. It's more restricted by the weapon being used. Throw it on Slash melee and it's still 1.5x.

Thing about stripping less than 100% Armor though is it's never enough. Strip 90% Armor from 15k (lvl 150 Napalm) and you're still dealing with 83.3% DR from 98%. Sure that's 7.5x more damage but you still need more to push through the rest and that cast essentially just saves your weapon 8 Corrosive procs. Terrify can't even get close to 90% of course. It's more about 53% and stacks multiplicative with itself which is even worse results when 3 casts won't even remove the same value.

So you're still stuck stripping armor with the weapon even when you spent 75x3 energy. That's why it's always been 100% or bust for me personally.

It can still strip armor. I don't mind either way but the base value is too low and should probably be additive so two 50% value casts will strip armor.
At 15m base Range I feel it would be perfectly justified either way, it's just at that point we're stepping into Oberon's territory so the multiplier felt better.

Really there's plenty of debuff concepts possible. It could supply Life Leech for shooting those enemies or something. Less useful than either but kinda on theme. Nekros could use a lil damage since melee got nerfed. Stupid Arctic Eximus make it hell to do anything but melee with him.

 

Edited by Xzorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed, he needs a revisit. If I were to revisit him, here is what I would do;

 

Nekros:

Passive: Make nekros receive 10 health within 15m when enemies are killed.

 

1st ability:

·       An enemy affected by this will be susceptible to critical and status damage.

·       Enemy effected can deal no damage to you or allies.

·       Enemies affected by this will visually be transparent that’s shown as an indicator by chosen energy colour.

·       Using this will cause a small ragdoll.

 

2nd ability

·       Decrease energy cost to 50.

·       (Synergy) Using the 1st ability on affected enemy will increase the damage and will deal viral damage.

fix: In interception, enemies will still hack the terminal instead of running away.

 

3rd ability:

·       As soon as enemies are killed it will drop loot instantly.

 

4th ability:

·       After animation is done, make them have 5 seconds of invulnerability being able to absorb damage they receive converting it to damage for them.

·       Make there be an indicator above their head to discern them from enemies.

·       If you are bleeding out, one of the shadows will prioritise you and sacrifice its self to revive you but Nekros will get whatever health the shadow had before its sacrifice.

·       Healing shadows will cost half the energy.

·       (Synergy) Picking up health orbs from desecrated bodies will heal the shadows and double the health pick up for them. Picking up energy orbs will increase their damage by 400% for 15s. Picked up again can refresh the timer.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Xzorn said:

A 50% multiplier isn't really restricted by level. It's more restricted by the weapon being used.

You misunderstood. Its about effectiveness compared to armor strip per level.

3 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Throw it on Slash melee and it's still 1.5x. Thing about stripping less than 100% Armor though is it's never enough.

It is because its why EHP of armored units scales so drastically, going from 100% on a level 100 bombard to 25~% armor is cutting the ehp to around a third. Pretty much any increase that is more than 3 digits worth of damage is still respectible. Meanwhile turning 30-60 damage to 45-90 damage on the same ehp much less so. And yes ofc it would go for nekros main damage type (and due to melee 3.0, most melee players main type) in favour for it to be total damage multiplier, but untill the enemy scaling is rebalanced, healthy total party game loop is more important and giving a no extra mod slot slash buff is a flat "moar drppprpsss" buff instead of something helping his game loop.

3 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Strip 90% Armor from 15k (lvl 150 Napalm) and you're still dealing with 83.3% DR from 98%. Sure that's 7.5x more damage but you still need more to push through the rest and that cast essentially just saves your weapon 8 Corrosive procs. Terrify can't even get close to 90% of course.

Its 4-5 casts of a shadows build for terrify to get to 90% armor strip. And sure while the 90% in 1 cast cant be achieved, those 4-5 casts are still dealing some 8500000~ effective damage (same reason why corrosive or slash or any stackable or big total armor strip is so good); 85% DR of a enemy that doesnt have enough hp for that 6.6*x increase to survive 1-2s of damage from melee that also hits 5~7 other enemies or the flat headshot dps of guns is actually reasonable kill time to represent high levels. Which also loops into the point before where if it were a raw damage multi, it would actually be worse for the party if there is noone with decent aoe armor strip/pox/full Corrosive Proj squad or everyone just runs slash (while cool, not extremely healthy till enemy scaling gets reworked).

3 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Really there's plenty of debuff concepts possible. It could supply Life Leech for shooting those enemies or something. Less useful than either but kinda on theme. Nekros could use a lil damage since melee got nerfed. Stupid Arctic Eximus make it hell to do anything but melee with him.

Personally i still think lifesteal (or a flat life on hit) should be his passive (and then 1/5th of the value shared with allies in desecrate range). Tho as said a around 1.4 damage multi (so slightly lower than per your suggestion) would be perfectly sufficient would be perfectly sufficient if the augment let it additively stack with itself as till the accidental nerf to slows no longer giving condi duration/slowing down dot decay but not tick time the augment was the true 2 damage buff source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

HAHAHA!

His 1 is absolute garbage. It should instantly kill enemies that are at a certain HP level (like Dread Mirror) and be used to detonate unwanted Shadows.

Executes that arent just "high flat damage no matter the targets hp" or from 100%/arent CL are worthless (literally, in fact usually worse than worthless because of usable on kill effects and the fact that you can already instakill anything ragdollable from 100% with it by throwing the enemy out of bounds or into geometry), killing shadows for mana is also worse than worthless; meanwhile a yeet or knockdown from one end of a room to the other on demand as a 1h action while reloading or moving on the other hand scales forever as cc (dont blame you never learning how the soul cc works on the ability). If any part of dread mirror should get on Soul Punch, its the % hp damage.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

Agreed, he needs a revisit. If I were to revisit him, here is what I would do;

Slapping on a small part of saryn, a self rez he shouldnt need (lose less is even worse than win more effects) and a shadow damage buff doesnt really help the game loop much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

However, THE MOST CRUCIAL BUFF NEKROS PRIME NEEDS, is the removal of the damned pinky spaghetti.

This! For sure. But I will say the removal of channeling killed my nekros build. I use to rely on equilibrium for constant incoming health and energy and health conversion for armor. Working on correcting my build for how it is now. I wouldn't mind seeing soul punch create a shadow on kill if thats the killing blow. 

Edited by (PS4)M82BFG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nekros is actually really powerful with a good shield of shadows build. I really like shield of shadows. Terrify is okay, but I don't use it a lot its kinda expensive. i really never use soul punch.

The changes I want to see are:

1) Despoil should be how desecrate works without an augment. As it is this augment is basically mandatory on all his builds to function properly when it should just be part of his core functionality.

2) Replace despoil with a new desecrate augment. There are a million different things they could do with it. I think something that adds DPS would be nice.

An idea I had might be a stacking aura each time you desecrate an enemy that drains a small percent of enemies max health per second . These stacks would probably only last a short time and would likely be capped so the health drain wouldn't exceed what, like 4 or 5 percent per second which would kill affected enemies in 20-25 seconds. This is a relatively slow damage, but it would definitely add up over time.

Or corpses could explode for a modest amount of aoe damage. My brother thought it could create a swirling tornado of bone shards that slash proc the enemies. Literally a million different things you could do with a desecrate augment.

3) Soul punch feels pointless. Might as well just shoot them in the face or ground slam to disable. Make it strong enough to kill, and let it summon an extra soul shadow, perhaps if it gets a killing blow you get the extra shadow. maybe make it one shot enemies if they are below maybe 15% life so you can reap their soul. this would make gameplay more engaging because you would be looking for the window of opportunity to reap them. (you could even highlight low hp enemies through walls and make them glow because nekros is honing in on their dwindling life force.)

These changes would make nekros more engaging to play and give him more build diversity with new different play style options, and would give a good necromancer thematic feel.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, (PS4)M82BFG said:

This! For sure. But I will say the removal of channeling killed my nekros build. I use to rely on equilibrium for constant incoming health and energy and health conversion for armor. Working on correcting my build for how it is now.

Dumping efficiency is now the way to go for it. There is still the little ramp issue that life strike used to patch up, but meh, one can let the rest of the party go into it or sneaky+terrify/sp spam at the start for it (even ifs more clunky).

11 minutes ago, Rimril said:

1) Despoil should be how desecrate works without an augment. As it is this augment is basically mandatory on all his builds to function properly when it should just be part of his core functionality.

While its how most people play nekros due to fun factor of juggling multiple stats in a infinite loop, a normal efficiency build works. In fact its 1.5 mod slots less rigid (depending on how much you value time between 4 recasts). Its very much worth its augment slot.

48 minutes ago, (PS4)M82BFG said:

I wouldn't mind seeing soul punch create a shadow on kill if thats the killing blow. 

11 minutes ago, Rimril said:

3) Make it strong enough to kill, and let it summon an extra soul shadow, perhaps if it gets a killing blow you get the extra shadow.

Would be nice if there was for example a augment that drained your energy that did something to soul punch which could use a offensive use (cursing the target for time based on energy cost where its death would come back as a shadow) cough cough.

11 minutes ago, Rimril said:

Soul punch feels pointless. Might as well just shoot them in the face or ground slam to disable.  maybe make it one shot enemies if they are below maybe 15% life so you can reap their soul. this would make gameplay more engaging because you would be looking for the window of opportunity to reap them.

Its single target cc as a 1h action (thus covering you during jumps, reloads and everything else without interrupting) with long enough range to be of use for melee vs air enemies or snipers (if only it hit enemy boss weakspots to also cover terrible hit detect of melee for em). Executes are worse than worthless for game loop (actively reducing ones options). If its damage portion gets changed it should just be % hp damage. Not that either the execute or it would actually open more builds tho as exec shadow spawn would just replace sometimes 4 use and % hp, unless DE derps and makes the % damage either not influenced by DR or if true damage then not be % current hp with low end cap, would merely give it non-cc scaling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

While its how most people play nekros due to fun factor of juggling multiple stats in a infinite loop, a normal efficiency build works. In fact its 1.5 mod slots less rigid (depending on how much you value time between 4 recasts).

The problem with efficiency (besides not wanting full efficiency on every build) and no despoil is that you can not pick up health orbs to stack health conversion or proc equilibrium unless you are missing life, which breaks your ability loop so you have to get shot in the face to continue, and if you get swarmed by energy leech your loop breaks AND you have to keep recasting desecrate. Sure, you can use synth fiber but when your sentinel dies you are back to not grabbing orbs.

I even tried combat discipline to damage myself instead of despoil, but the energy leech swarms render you helpless because they out drain the equilibrium orbs fairly handily and your loop breaks completely since there are no more orbs and you have no energy. Even with exodia brave it's still bad. 

2 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

Its single target cc as a 1h action (thus covering you during jumps, reloads and everything else without interrupting) with long enough range to be of use for melee vs air enemies or snipers

I am aware of soul punches cc, I simply personally find targeted CC to be largely inconsequential when you are literally wading through seas of bodies 95% of the time. That doesn't mean it isn't occasionally useful, and I think it should retain the same cc functionality, though I would prefer if it punched them with a little less gusto, as it is a tad inconvenient when the enemy flings across the room.

 

2 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

Executes are worse than worthless for game loop (actively reducing ones options). If its damage portion gets changed it should just be % hp damage.

I personally thought the execute would be fun and give me a reason to use an ability that I otherwise never use, but any buff to damage or killing potential would be great.

The problem with Soul Punch (and most other) damaging abilities is enemy scaling far outpaces the fixed damage output. Even the ones with 1000 base damage at lets say a reasonable 200% ability strength will only deal 2000 damage. This starts becoming negligible damage after enemies are above level 30. Many warframe abilities are simply worthless for damage beyond low level starchart missions.

For years I have thought that damaging abilities should all combine a fixed damage element with a scaling damage element. For example: a #1 ability could have a base 200 damage affected by ability strength, then add say 15% of the enemies max health to the damage. This need not be true damage, however it would stop ability damage from approaching infinitesimal as enemy health approaches infinity while maintaining the ability to deal significant damage to low level enemies with high strength. I suppose the scaling portion could be affected by strength too, in which case it would have to have a lower base percentage. You would still need to punch that level 500 enemy with its armor fully stripped probably 5-8 times or something depending on its resistances to kill it but its better than effectively zero.

Edited by Rimril
typo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rimril said:

1) Despoil should be how desecrate works without an augment. As it is this augment is basically mandatory on all his builds to function properly when it should just be part of his core functionality.

 

Annoying as Nekros' augment dependency is this is probably one that should stay separate.

Energy based Desecrate is still a thing and the ideal spec for a full support Nekros. Nekros doesn't want/need to use his Shadows when there's a Defensive frame in the mix like Frost, Limbo or Volt so he's considerably less durable. Going outside barrier areas to grab health is problematic while Energy regen is still ample.

You could of course use Arcanes n such to regen health but you could also use damage Arcane and run Energy. It's just more efficient.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I am aware of soul punches cc, I simply personally find targeted CC to be largely inconsequential when you are literally wading through seas of bodies 95% of the time. That doesn't mean it isn't occasionally useful, and I think it should retain the same cc functionality, though I would prefer if it punched them with a little less gusto, as it is a tad inconvenient when the enemy flings across the room.

It would be inconsequential if it werent instant on target/non-projectile cc with solid range and a 1h action. Be it yeeting flying enemies trolling melee with derpy positioning (especially the mega butthat ones like gas city opticor-jetpack dudes), giving cover during shotgun reload

Then hit the enemy from a slide/rim at the same or slightly lower elevation and any sub 45 angle that doesnt put the target against a wall (and if you are melee yeeting them against a wall more often then not sends the enemy closer to you after a week worth of fall time). I still dont get why the full explanation of the soul ragdoll isnt on the tips screen tho.

3 hours ago, Rimril said:

For years I have thought that damaging abilities should all combine a fixed damage element with a scaling damage element. For example: a #1 ability could have a base 200 damage affected by ability strength, then add say 15% of the enemies max health to the damage.

While i dont agree with this generally (flat damage is easier to account for in design without resorting to cheap tricks like skill hitting invul spots/unable to target) and will defend soul punch as a solid 1 cc (other comparable 1s are only volt shock which is half range, damage and longer cast for aoe, gara*tap/frost 1 which are projectiles whos main use is detonation and ash weeb stars which are armor strip at the cost of a augment instead of cc), some skills can indeed (with low enough numbers) be set as % damage. Smite, Reave and Garuda jump prove it (smite also shows the downside of non-instant damage while garuda shows how the % damage not scaling of power strength along with armor and shields can actually make it too not scale well). Tho personally id set at least negative power strength scaling on it up to cap of the base 100% because otherwise it could be "max range desecrate+soul yeet from bubble/glass dome".

Edited by Andele3025

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

other comparable 1s are only volt shock which is half range, damage and longer cast for aoe, garuda*tap/frost 1 which are projectiles whos main use is detonation and ash weeb stars which are armor strip at the cost of a augment instead of cc)

Banshee, Mag, Inaros, Ivara, Revenant, and Titania: are we all jokes to you? 

Joking aside, if knocking dudes around while reloading is that important to you then more power to ya. I never said it was bad, it just isn't essential to me personally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rimril said:

Banshee, Mag, Inaros, Ivara, Revenant, and Titania: are we all jokes to you? 

Joking aside, if knocking dudes around while reloading is that important to you then more power to ya. I never said it was bad, it just isn't essential to me personally.

Actually, i did forget Mag, but the rest dont have free move one handed 1s (tho they are all decent even if rev and banshoo 1s could use some better game loop functionality, especially on the revs infected thralls cant further infect/why it inst a infinite spreading infection based on duration with possible recasts either on the fountains or thralls to refresh).
So yes let me add mag to volt on the "is capable of using cheap filler cc without interrupting whatever you are doing" and it is important to me at least since its a different line of power scaling based on how much freedom and other interactions one can have at any moment during gameplay.

Same reason why, despite no dodge offset for combo and "tactical dodge" feeling mega iffy on the animation speed side, proper mid attack dodge cancels were a great addition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. Nekros' 1/Soul Punch is derpy like most other 1's. 

However, Nekros is a monster. The only screwed up part about Nekros is that a full build requires a crapton of obscure/out of the way mods. 

I'm looking at you Health Conversion, Equilibrium, Despoil, Shield of Shadows, Adaptation, Arcane Energize.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking of removing all looting abilities but I think such an option would tilt the scales of life itself if DE touches looting again.

Does Nekros need a rework? I feel that he's definitely aged and need a little more than just a touch up. Oh and augment dependency is HUGE. Heck, I argue that vanilla Nekros is the worse warframe we have.

No matter how you defend his 1. It's just horrid, single target ragdoll with a niche explosion knockdown if the projectile hits a wall.

2. Scrambles your enemies. Yeah, panic button for sure but an annoying one.

3. Yep, it exist. Oh and pure energy efficiency build? That's hilarious. Just use Hydroid or Khora if you're doing that.

4. You just can't defend this. Shadows takes agro off Nekros and distracts your teammates too.

I'm not saying he's bad, I'm saying he's garbage without augments. Now I don't know what "rework" entails, like actual rebuilding his entire kit? or tweaking a few numbers. If its the former then use every ounce of imagination you have on him,  if the latter... Well... He's already known as THE looting frame, and for that reason alone I'm not hopeful on a rework. 

Edited by DaMasque
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DaMasque said:

Heck, I argue that vanilla Nekros is the worse warframe we have.

Constnat hp orbs for the team (with just the basic broken version of equilibrium you are guaranteed to get at the start) with a aggro distraction is baseline already a better game loop than nyx or frost (and one could argue revenant, octavia, trinity and pre augment equinox, but i wont because raw power in and of itself is a part of gameplay)

13 hours ago, DaMasque said:

No matter how you defend his 1. It's just horrid, single target ragdoll with a niche explosion knockdown if the projectile hits a wall.

Its a 1 handed upper body only 50m range ragdoll OR knockdown (entirely dependent on users ability and spacial awareness).

13 hours ago, DaMasque said:

2. Scrambles your enemies. Yeah, panic button for sure but an annoying one.

Annoying for teammates, you already want to be in melee (or shotgun) range.

13 hours ago, DaMasque said:

3. Yep, it exist. Oh and pure energy efficiency build? That's hilarious. Just use Hydroid or Khora if you're doing that.

It exists and its THE loot skill in the loot game. And mobile and better range loot that unlike hydroid and khora gives you hp orb spawns for the entire team.

13 hours ago, DaMasque said:

4. You just can't defend this. Shadows takes agro off Nekros and distracts your teammates too.

I cant defend the lack of customization and tweaking on it, but what is your supposed downside on this?

13 hours ago, DaMasque said:

I'm not saying he's bad, I'm saying he's garbage without augments.

All you're actually saying "i never checked his skills and copied a guide", his 1 and post nerf 2 are pure teamwork augments, his 3 is a alt build enabler, not a gameplay changer (especially now with Synth fiber instead of being locked to the hema or throwing weapons) as the game loop remains identical no matter if you use hp or energy for desecrate. His 4 tho is a augment he kinda depends on because of enemy scaling and animation speeds, but then again, handspring and adaptation exist (tho combo of both do let him go obscenely long into missions if you babysit the ai which really shouldnt be a part of the learning curve).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-12-01 at 7:52 PM, TheSkeletonPolice said:

Nekros desperately needs a rework. Something to make him more useful than just a farmer. As he is his abilities aren't very effective for anything but farming resources. Id like something to make him feel more like a powerful necromancer with the idea being to make greater use of his summons. He just doesn't do much as it is. I'd like to be able to tell my summons what to shoot at or even use them as bombs to throw at enemies. Id like his abilities to synergize with his summons, the way a necromancer would.

Something like using an ability to mark enemies for the shadows to kill, or being able to sacrifice a shadow to buff yourself. Shadows also need to be stronger to be able to damage enemies.

 

As somewhat a Nekros main, I could say that Nekros isn't really that bad. He can survive and be a super tanky frame but he isn't without shortcomings. If anything, his shortcomings are probably to nerf the fact that he is THE farming frame. I mean this game is revolved around farming stuff and resources. Having a frame that can reliably make that grind faster is more than useful. While I do admit he's not that most efficient killing frame, he already covers a lot of the game's core mechanics. Nekros can use a rework to his Soul Punch so that it marked targets or something but Nekros doesn't need buffs. He's literally the epitome of the real objective of the game rather than what's "fun" for people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...