Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wtb Host Option.

Numerikuu

Because im pretty damn sick and tierd of joining sessions where people have the internet speed of dial up. Yes my region setting is correct, yes ive tried the ping limit thing *150* and i have 52mb DL & 14UL internet *Fiber optic*, I also more than meet this games spec reqs.

Get rid of Invite Only *why when you have Private?* and add a damn Host function!

Here's what I do and it works... 50% of the time on popular maps, almost always on less popular maps.

Set the ping limit to 100.

Chose your map and set it to online.

If you're lucky, it'll say that your ping limit is too low and it couldn't find a host. Then just press Play Now as soon as you can and you're the host. Just wait for a few minutes for some people to join you.

If you're unlucky, then it'll find a host with less than a 100 ping, but more often than not, a [packet] loss of 50% (which is what is causing all the teleporting). If this happens, you're boned. Go play another map and return at a later date. 

But the absolute best option would be to HAVE A HOST OPTION! 

Edited by Banshee256

Here's what I do and it works... 50% of the time on popular maps, almost always on less popular maps.

Set the ping limit to 100.

Chose your map and set it to online.

If you're lucky, it'll say that your ping limit is too low and it couldn't find a host. Then just press Play Now as soon as you can and you're the host. Just wait for a few minutes for some people to join you.

If you're unlucky, then it'll find a host with less than a 100 ping, but more often than not, a package loss of 50% (which is what is causing all the teleporting). If this happens, you're boned. Go play another map and return at a later date. 

But the absolute best option would be to HAVE A HOST OPTION! 

Btw, it's packet loss, not package.  Sorry.  Just getting on my nerves seeing people use the wrong terminology.

CeePee you know what is wrong with this game? it is we who turning things around, playing with game mechanics to provide ourselfs with artificial difficulty or hosting options.

don't you think it is just wrong?

I fail to see how your post even fits here, I gave you a workaround until they actually fix it.

So please, less of your tin-foil-hat-sky's-falling-rant.

Because im pretty damn sick and tierd of joining sessions where people have the internet speed of dial up. Yes my region setting is correct, yes ive tried the ping limit thing *150* and i have 52mb DL & 14UL internet *Fiber optic*, I also more than meet this games spec reqs.

Get rid of Invite Only *why when you have Private?* and add a damn Host function!

Set limit to 100. You will either get a good host or will be promted to host yourself.

Set limit to 100. You will either get a good host or will be promted to host yourself.

The thing is in this whole issue ping is about 4th on the list of what makes a good/bad host and for the way the game works a ping of like 250 is probably still playable, but it depends on routing more than simple distance... which makes ping almost a non-factor because what you are worried about is packet loss or other noise issues.

Host's Hardware.

Host's UL bandwidth (not even remotely related to ping)

Routing

then

Ping

The thing is in this whole issue ping is about 4th on the list of what makes a good/bad host and for the way the game works a ping of like 250 is probably still playable, but it depends on routing more than simple distance... which makes ping almost a non-factor because what you are worried about is packet loss or other noise issues.

Host's Hardware.

Host's UL bandwidth (not even remotely related to ping)

Routing

then

Ping

Exactly.

I’ve tried 100 ping in the past as well, and either barely got new players or STILL joined laggy games. The ping limitation seems to do sod all.

Edited by Numerikuu

nothing new going to be said but my 2 cents:

give players the option to choose whether to prefer to host, or prefer not to host. 

this alone would fix much of the issues, many players that are bad hosts, know it, and don't want to host. but the game doesn't let them do that. 

some people are just ignorant, but not most of them.

Just joined, left, and rejoined a laggy host 5 TIMES IN A ROW.... wow........ surely they would AT LEAST have some kind of system that takes note that you just left a game, so it checks for a new host..... faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And this game is comming out on the PS4?.............

Edited by Numerikuu