Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoopStricken

Universal Archwing Blink needs its own keybind

I use Shift to sprint, but Shift is also the Blink button now, so I have to stop using the Afterburners in order to Blink. It should be a keybind so I can slap Blink on Alt or something.

It's not ideal, but Blink is tied to roll, not shift specifically. You can set up a keybind specifically for roll in order to Blink without dropping Afterburners.

42 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

It's not ideal, but Blink is tied to roll, not shift specifically. You can set up a keybind specifically for roll in order to Blink without dropping Afterburners.

Actually it's ideal. Every serious gamer I know is in the habit of moving any double tap skill, to it's own key bind if possible, especially if it's a roll function. Which means a bunch of us already had sprint/roll unbound. I'm still baffled by the number of people that do not check those things straight away in any game they play. 

In the control menu, I bound my "Roll" to my mousebutton4.  This overrides the double-tap Shift command.  That button now also does AW blink for me. 
I can tap shift as quickly as I want, it never rolls or blinks. This enables me to blink while boosting in AW.

I have just one request - can we please limit Blink to JUST Boost and prevent it from being used in Hover mode? I actually like the barrel roll dodges and use them quite often in combat either to dodge or to cover small amounts of ground. Being forced into a Blink if I attempt a forward dodge in order to close distance causes me to massively overshoot my targets and slam into things. This would be the equivalent of bullet-jumping every time you hit your forward dodge.

Honestly, I kind of wish Blink WERE implemented like bullet jump, in that it would trigger by tapping dodge while already performing a dodge. I doubt that's going to happen, however.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

🤣

Yeah serious gamer.  If you are not doing what you enjoy, and taking it serious, then the joke is on you, because many more than myself turned their passion for games into a lifetime worth of great memories.

3 minutes ago, Nichivo said:

Yeah serious gamer.  If you are not doing what you enjoy, and taking it serious, then the joke is on you, because many more than myself turned their passion for games into a lifetime worth of great memories.

I've played this game since it's launch on PS4. I can effectively use every warframe in Sorties, ESO and Arbitrations without 'taking it seriously' and keep up with damage dealt and lowest damage received/deaths. And all without magical perfect keybinds. I mean, if you want keybinds that's fine, but don't act like they make you a better gamer.

What is there is take seriously? It's a video game. And it's Warframe, not Demon Souls. We're so overpowered that skill is almost irrelevant as long as you have decent mods, so challenge isn't really something people associate with this game. 

I don't know about you, but all of my best memories are when life (and gaming) didn't go according to plan. Taking it seriously is more about pride than about fun.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

I've played this game since it's launch on PS4. I can effectively use every warframe in Sorties, ESO and Arbitrations without 'taking it seriously' and keep up with damage dealt and lowest damage received/deaths. And all without magical perfect keybinds. I mean, if you want keybinds that's fine, but don't act like they make you a better gamer.

What is there is take seriously? It's a video game. And it's Warframe, not Demon Souls. We're so overpowered that skill is almost irrelevant as long as you have decent mods, so challenge isn't really something people associate with this game. 

I don't know about you, but all of my best memories are when life (and gaming) didn't go according to plan. Taking it seriously is more about pride than about fun.

I am a competitive gamer from back when arcades were a thing, just because I am playing Warframe isn't a good enough reason to not take pride in what I do. It's no different for me then when I was playing ladder matches in UT, or at the local arcade for an Asteroids, or Joust tournament. I just don't have any quit in my game, never have. I understand, it's just not your thing. Bad keybinds can separate winners from losers, if you had been around during any UT or Quake tournaments you would understand. 

Don't be upset there are more casual gamers like yourself, then there are gamers like myself. Don't be fooled though, there is a clear skill gap in every game. Even Warframe. I have witnessed first hand, people with identical builds do mot survival tandem, and one just can't hang.

By the way, I said great memories, not best memories. Not really the same thing now are they?

I'd like to see archwing controls separated so i can just bind blink to "5". Can't summon operator in space anyway.

On 2019-12-02 at 2:13 AM, LoopStricken said:

I use Shift to sprint, but Shift is also the Blink button now, so I have to stop using the Afterburners in order to Blink. It should be a keybind so I can slap Blink on Alt or something.

I just moved Archwing Roll to the Alt key, and that did the trick.