Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Selling relic's to Baro

Roththemage

Since the implementation of the limit on relics I've been thinking what we could do with all the extra relics. Then i thought why cant we just sell them to Baro Ki'teer for a small amount of ducats that way they have a use if you don't have the time to actually open them. And it doesn't need to be a lot of ducats maybe 5 or 10 per relic.

• Like 1

It limits how many different relics you have, not the amount of said relics, but if you are someone who is so low of a mastery rank you can only have a few different relics, but if you can sell them you can change what relics you have quickly. Then you can get the ones you want/need more effectively. 

2 minutes ago, Roththemage said:

It limits how many different relics you have, not the amount of said relics, but if you are someone who is so low of a mastery rank you can only have a few different relics, but if you can sell them you can change what relics you have quickly. Then you can get the ones you want/need more effectively. 

What limit are you talking about?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Roththemage said:

I have at least one of every relic loaded into the game with large stacks of the most common, yet I have hit no such limit. Where are you getting this from?

• Like 1

Just now, Roththemage said:

68EA6B657B2D413DC4167BC0D47C0657E8F2DE9B

The collected is the different relics you have. But you can have multiple of the ones you already have.

Hahahaha.   That's the limit for what is available to you. That number will increase every time there is a new prime and or unvaulted. It's not a static limit. If someone traded you old vaulted relics you're limit would reflect that.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

Because there's only 14 lith relics in the game at this time.

Correction, obtainable by drop. I have 56 different Lith relics. If I'm missing any it would have been when Rhino and mag were paired up a couple of years ago.

Edited by (XB1)Rust Plague

1 minute ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

You're a hoarder, aren't you?

Not really, just enjoy the game a lot and the relics seem to just pile up when I run missions. I don't rush to get the newest stuff either. This game is a marathon not a sprint. 

Having that many relics means when I prime part hunt in public, I don't feel guilty not having the newest relics. Mine tend to be vaulted when I burn them. New players grab my stuff all the time. It a nice feeling.

38 minutes ago, Roththemage said:

Oh well then i have been missed about the limit part, but i feel like you should be able to sell the relics you don't want too Baro, especially if you cant open a lot of relics at any given time.

You can open any relic you have any time you want. You just can't obtain ones that aren't currently available, but if you still have them from when they were you can still open them. 

I have years worth of relics, much of which is for vaulted items. I just pick whatever random relic I want to use when I am farming void traces and often times people pick the items from mine since they are vaulted and those players don't have the relics themselves.

On pc I just crack relics when I want something to trade for ducats.

As I own all prime items and the majority of Baro's inventory I dont crack relics often, so they build up. 

I would guess its the same for the majority of players once beyond a certain rank. Much like salvage, stuff just accumulates.

8 hours ago, lennieplop60 said:

It'd be nice if we could sell them for void traces. Farming those normally can take a long time.

Dear GOD this^^^ so much this!!!

the way relics work is messed up in 2 ways; firstly, they drop EVERYWHERE; supply exceeds demand except where new primes are concerned, and second: for people who keep up to date with their primes, once new relics are released, old ones become almost obsolete, only for trading or trace farming purposes. as someone with over 500+ relics, and every Prime, WTF am I supposed to do with relics that would barely sell for 2-3 plat and contain nothing I don't already have duplicates of? the only relics of substantial value, for trade or their intended purpose, are the latest ones.

meanwhile, void traces are the complete opposite: there's never enough! farming them can bore the hell out of people and it's the only way to get them. if we had a kiosk where myself and others could swap unwanted relics for traces, we'd almost never have to farm traces again for like a year or more. maybe that's what DE is afraid of. either way, I am desperate to see a new way of obtaining good amounts of Void Traces reliably. sadly this seems to convenient to ever happen but I'd do a goddamn jig if DE would be willing to implement this in some form or another.