The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Accidental button presses (Mod screen and Arbitration)

There are two things that I feel have been overlooked and have a very easy fix. One is the mod menu. There is a way to press a button to instantly remove all of your mods, convenient, but has the potential to be more annoying then helpful. I rarely need to remove all my mods, usually I’m just making adjustments here and there, but heaven forbid you accidentally press the wrong button!

Then the next problem is Arbitrations, and before I go any further, let’s put aside our differences on whether you should be allowed to die or not. The fact is, is that there is a system in place that when you die you can press a button to leave. There is a confirmation screen, but it’s not helpful when the buttons happen to be the same button and for what ever reason you accidentally double tap that button.

The simple and easy fix for both is “press and hold”. Easy, simple and works in both situations. It allows you time to realize that your getting ready to do something that you may not want to do. In both situations time isn’t a major factor anyway, so to have an action to force you to realize what’s going on would make these accidental button presses non existent.

Thank you for your time!

3 hours ago, Dark_Lugia said:

Never had this problemand i really dislike "press and hold" to use thing. There are a few games doing this and it always feels so clunky and slow.

I'm not a fan of "press and hold" in every situation, just two instances where they have shown to be problematic among myself and other users. Perhaps it's just a console thing, but It is a problem. I also agree that it can be clunky and slow when you just need to click through menus, but in both of my scenarios, spending the time to confirm your choice is not much of an issue and probably won't have any negative impact if implemented properly. Although, I have no issue with this being left to player choice and allowing the community an option to "hold to confirm" be toggled on or off in the game settings for these two instances. Separate toggles for both would be ideal.

Thank you for chiming in!

I am one of a few PC players that use mostly game controllers, Dualshock 4 with Steam software, and I can see the problems.

Upgrade mods with one button to remove all, bad for game controller. Remove all should only be point and click. Do not use the same controller button for both remove one mod and "remove all".

Controllers: /topic/1060726-remove-all-in-mods-needs-a-confirmation/
PS4 /topic/1101472-triangle-remove-all/
Xbox /topic/965649-remove-shortcut-to-remove-all-mods-on-console/
Xbox /topic/1122863-pressing-y-when-over-one-mod-removes-all-mods/

Arbitration and game controller's abort button. Just get rid of abort button and have it require to open the menu or option to abort.

/topic/1129542-accidentally-quit-arbitrations/
/topic/1130719-timer-to-leaving-arbitrations/
PC /topic/998384-chatting-causes-accidental-aborts-and-cutscene-skips/
/topic/1024279-arbitrations-death-opt-out-of-mission/

This is both a big problem with game controllers. Keyboard and mouse have different behavior often requires point and click. Yet, the keyboard's space button on pop up warning can do the "yes" action on any pop up message, harmful when trying to chat with "abort" button.

1 hour ago, sam686 said:

I am one of a few PC players that use mostly game controllers, Dualshock 4 with Steam software, and I can see the problems.

Upgrade mods with one button to remove all, bad for game controller. Remove all should only be point and click. Do not use the same controller button for both remove one mod and "remove all".

Controllers: /topic/1060726-remove-all-in-mods-needs-a-confirmation/
PS4 /topic/1101472-triangle-remove-all/
Xbox /topic/965649-remove-shortcut-to-remove-all-mods-on-console/
Xbox /topic/1122863-pressing-y-when-over-one-mod-removes-all-mods/

Arbitration and game controller's abort button. Just get rid of abort button and have it require to open the menu or option to abort.

/topic/1129542-accidentally-quit-arbitrations/
/topic/1130719-timer-to-leaving-arbitrations/
PC /topic/998384-chatting-causes-accidental-aborts-and-cutscene-skips/
/topic/1024279-arbitrations-death-opt-out-of-mission/

This is both a big problem with game controllers. Keyboard and mouse have different behavior often requires point and click. Yet, the keyboard's space button on pop up warning can do the "yes" action on any pop up message, harmful when trying to chat with "abort" button.

Thank you, I attempted to look for the topics but was unsuccessful. I've read through them, and would be ok with many of the others solutions. Its a problem and there are many solutions to fix them. I hope DE fixes this soon. I can deal with the mod thing, it's not the end of the world. Though, when I'm in Arbitrations, it really sucks to do an hour plus run and lose all dropped rewards. It's the Vitus that i'm concerned with.

• 2 weeks later...

I play console and yes this is a very aggravating occurrence. Happens at least 3 times a week. I play several frames that are quite squishy so I need to be on the move constantly (My Khora in Infested arbitrations is a good example.) I don't have a problem with skipping the downed state straight to being dead; doesn't usually happen until an hour or so in.

If I am killed while double jumping (panic jumping in some cases to avoid Ancients) the time between the death animation and leave screen is so fast I often leave before I even know I've died. A very simple solution to this would be a 3 second delay timer before the option to leave is available to avoid accidental leaving. Having to verify that you want to leave would be another and would address keyboard issues noted above as well. This happened in two consecutive arbitrations the other day and I lost sooooo many rewards (mods, arcanes, like 60+ vitus essence per run) I just turned the Xbox off and walked away without saying anything to anyone in my squad (all friends of mine.) 

I love arbitrations and often go in with frames and weapons that do not have a bonus because I enjoy the challenge. It is honestly one of the only game modes that offers a challenge anymore and gives me that thrill I felt when I first started playing this game (I greatly enjoyed the Grendel missions for the same reason; the challenge.) Many great changes have been added to arbitrations and I feel that this one small improvement would alleviate a LOT of frustration (yeah and rage.) 

Thank you