Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Shadows

Grahark

When a Nekros uses their 4th ability it summons Shadows. 

The point of these Shadows is to provide the Nekros with Damage Reduction.

Also they provide a distraction while also providing a chance at more loot.

If you ever find yourself requesting a nekros to not use their 4th ability (especially in Survival) then you have found yourself in a very ignorant position and should therefore just stay quiet and play away from the nekros (bad idea in Survival btw).

Ahisogi Tenno can also help you understand how a nekros works if you need to educate yourself more.

Is this a rant trying to disguise itself as an informative post?

I don't see an issue with a player politely requesting a Nekros not to use their 4th. The Nekros can choose to listen or not to listen, they can explain their reasoning or ignore the request. If it is a public game people are free to do what they want, which includes requesting someone to not do something that may hinder them in some way, provided they aren't rude when doing so.

• Like 3

it's nice to have players that understand the mechanics of the game". I've gotten a lot of S#&$ for using my fourth ability while grinding resources or doing kuva survival cause ppl don't really understand the game and just play with "meta" builds. But if an oberon is complaining about my shadows eating his energy i can understand that, and i would stop using it.

• Like 3

what if you're a heal oberon tho? Last I checked the shadows count for energy drain on his 3(its possible but unlikely this has been changed). I get it otherwise, shadows can be extremely useful. But if I don't want to need maxed zenurik to play the game, I shouldn't have to

It is fine if you want to use your shadows, but for the LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, please make them a subdued color that is easy on the eyes, if I have to see one more Neon Green Nekros army I think I will remove my eyeballs in protest.

I was using Nekros in some sortie with another guy using Oberon.  The unfortunate interaction wasn't a big deal - he commented, I offered to not use them (because P.R. is more important to the team), he said nah. 

The abilities can synergise, but that unfortunately requires something like Equilibrium to keep the ridiculous cost at bay - though I've found that Oberon has something of that problem, anyway, with the heal cutting off a lot of the incoming energy sources. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlfredDean said:

what if you're a heal oberon tho? Last I checked the shadows count for energy drain on his 3(its possible but unlikely this has been changed). I get it otherwise, shadows can be extremely useful. But if I don't want to need maxed zenurik to play the game, I shouldn't have to

Yeah no. I'm not gonna repeatedly get squished.

5 minutes ago, Aldain said:

It is fine if you want to use your shadows, but for the LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, please make them a subdued color that is easy on the eyes, if I have to see one more Neon Green Nekros army I think I will remove my eyeballs in protest.

This is a thing. 

People used to believe that Nekros shadows reduced the enemy spawn limit.

But according to Rebecca it does not.

(Twitter Link again, the forum doesn't handle those well https://twitter.com/rebbford/status/954095304948834304)

So if someone tells you to stop casting Shadows, tell them it doesn't influence enemy numbers

People also believed that running and using fire weapons in Survival would cause the Life Support to drain faster, some rumors just start spreading like a tumor and are hard to stop.

Edited by 16Bitman
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

I wonder why DE hasn't addressed the Oberon energy drain issue then.

It seems sensible that they should due to cases like this one. 

They reduced it but wanted to keep the "synergy", and that had to come at a price. So they did address it but didn't do enough

29 minutes ago, AlfredDean said:

You can put your heal far from where Nekros summons his shadows and it won't be a problem unless Nekros walks there on purpose. Also, it's not that much of a drain unless you don't run efficiency. It is a pain though and should be changed... but that's never in priority list even if it'd take a few minutes. Oh well.

As for shadows, I simply wish Nekros wouldn't use them on like level 10 enemies. You don't need extra protection at that point.

• Like 1

I have been told to do this. Only because I chose a bad energy color that resembled when a arbitration drone is near a enemy. There a few colors to avoid like the plague for Nekros. It can really get aggravating to the party not knowing who is a enemy and who is a friendly shadow. 

It is tough. Can't choose blue because when your shadow spawns a bubble, the entire team shoots it thinking its a enemy, Can't really choose purple or red or everyone thinks a  arbi drone is near by. Green seems like a good color though. but it can get bright. Not sure what the best color is?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, More-L said:

I don't see an issue with a player politely requesting a Nekros not to use their 4th.

Especially if you're an Oberon player that's built around keeping teams alive in high level missions.

Because staying alive is a wee bit more important.

22 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

I wonder why DE hasn't addressed the Oberon energy drain issue then.

It seems sensible that they should due to cases like this one. 

I've been arguing for DE to fix this for ages.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Yea I'm gonna go ahead and keep using my 4.

What a wonderful mentality you have. /s

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grahark said:

When a Nekros uses their 4th ability it summons Shadows. 

The point of these Shadows is to provide the Nekros with Damage Reduction.

Also they provide a distraction while also providing a chance at more loot.

If you ever find yourself requesting a nekros to not use their 4th ability (especially in Survival) then you have found yourself in a very ignorant position and should therefore just stay quiet and play away from the nekros (bad idea in Survival btw).

Ahisogi Tenno can also help you understand how a nekros works if you need to educate yourself more.

then also understand how spawning and Oberon works unless recently changed necros takes up enemy cap with his 4 and short of that and it's general annoyance/wasted combo and munitions if the color makes the shadows look like normal units or is to obnoxious. they also make energy leach eximi look like a joke to an Oberon. 

Since you obviously don't know about this anti synergy I shall inform you Oberon has a per target cost on his heal there are 2 costs one for the ability being active and one for healing both are per target.  Shadows need constant healing at a rate greater than the heal that Oberon can provide this in turn drains the Obeorn's energy reserves and while doing that they also have agro priority over other warframes preventing Oberon from regenerating energy by taking damage (you know how his entire kit works).  This forces him to cancel his 3, attached to renewal is all of Oberon's armor and sustain. on its own Iron Renewal can more than double Oberon's EHP and doubles most frames EHP (only Valk, atlas, and Chroma don't see this effect outside of invulnerability abilities) if said necros is not using the 4 augment he is better off with renewal than he is with his 4.  

90% of the reason a necros is told to stop using his 4 is this anti synergy which as a whole invalidates an entire frame with no counter and no counter play thanks to the shadows following the necros and most necroses going to get the renewal buffs (some of them cast shadows in marked renewal pool).  the problem is only exacerbated if nulifiers are involved meaning that the Oberon will need to recast renewal at some point in the mission (as stated before Oberon with out Iron renewal has no health), most likely near where necros is casting his 4.  

I know it has uses and why you use it but for peat sake don't use it if an Oberon is trying to support you and you don't have the augment If you do have the augment then warn the Oberon that you are using it so that he can place his renewal field outside where the necrose is playing and as the necrose do not go any where near it as by casting  your 4 you have significantly cut the Oberon's ability to generate energy thanks to the agro pull and just healing your team mates might put him at a slight energy deficit meaning no casting or other energy expenditure.  

Edited by spirit_of_76
strieked out sections are based on a old roomer

i feel people forget Nekros has a on demand go away button in the for of his 1 if its a single unit or his 2 if its alot and if your a dessicate nekros of remotely build into range the flash bang fear of his 2 is about as useful as his 4 as while their running around in fear their unable to attack and take more damage 

Granted only used his 4 when i had to get help on the spot in doing something without my team nearby 

31 minutes ago, K4RN4 said:

They reduced it but wanted to keep the "synergy", and that had to come at a price. So they did address it but didn't do enough

but it is not even help full to the necrose even maxed out Oberon does not significantly extend there life spans nor was the cost reduction enough to prevent Oberon from going energy negative instantly especially when near shadows because actively prevent him from taking damage and making energy

1 hour ago, AlfredDean said:

this it is so costly that energy leach's are easier to deal with I don't mind to much if I can 1 survive with out it, 2 he is using it to defend something or has the augment other wise I will complain because it effectively shuts down my frame and takes me from comfortably tanky to mag levels of squishy (almost 90% of Oberon's power and utility is dependent on his 3). evidently DE thinks they "fixed" it and that it is a "synergy" they are horribly misinformed (renewal has no appreciable affect on shadows) and the shadows should not be target able by Renewal they are dead healing abilities normally kill the undead

2 hours ago, bananacat89 said:

I have been told to do this. Only because I chose a bad energy color that resembled when a arbitration drone is near a enemy. There a few colors to avoid like the plague for Nekros. It can really get aggravating to the party not knowing who is a enemy and who is a friendly shadow. 

It is tough. Can't choose blue because when your shadow spawns a bubble, the entire team shoots it thinking its a enemy, Can't really choose purple or red or everyone thinks a  arbi drone is near by. Green seems like a good color though. but it can get bright. Not sure what the best color is?

Black.

It is the standard colour to use when you don't want your ability colour to interfere with anything.

Edited by schilds
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

Especially if you're an Oberon player that's built around keeping teams alive in high level missions.

Because staying alive is a wee bit more important.

I've been arguing for DE to fix this for ages.

What a wonderful mentality you have. /s

Yea yea I'm just messin around. I'll relax on the 4 the few times I ever run into an Oberon in a pub. I dont use nekros for his 4 anyways.