Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding Pablo's recent stream about saryn

1 hour ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Except for the fact to get the most out of Saryn, when I play her, I do not use her Miasma, I use her Sprores, Toxic lash, then go to town meleeing everything, As in actively getting involved in the combat. If I approach a group of shooty mobs, I pop a Molt before wading in and going to tow. Effectively using her entire kit except for Miasma, used only in emergencies if an area needs immediate clearance alla revive an ally.  Her  Miasma does not really work well for kill count affinity gain compared to her spores being allowed to spread.

That's what I mean, Spores is far too much of a centre to her kit, any other ability hides in its shadow. Toxic Lash is a neat damage buff to have, but it really isn't necessary for spreading Spores. Killing an afflicted enemy with anything other than Spores alone will spread the Spores at full range. If you're using a gun then it's really easy to just aim at the Spores, and if you're using melee you'll be able to kill enemies fast enough that the instant spreading from Toxic Lash isn't necessary.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

That's what I mean, Spores is far too much of a centre to her kit, any other ability hides in its shadow. Toxic Lash is a neat damage buff to have, but it really isn't necessary for spreading Spores. Killing an afflicted enemy with anything other than Spores alone will spread the Spores at full range. If you're using a gun then it's really easy to just aim at the Spores, and if you're using melee you'll be able to kill enemies fast enough that the instant spreading from Toxic Lash isn't necessary.

Except for the fact that DE has strive for ages to make almost all warframes abilities relevant, I could ask you to name the number of frames where people use a Frames 1 or 2 ability constantly, and even I would be hard pressed to name them. Saryn to get the most out of her DOES encourage you to be active and use all of her abilities, from her 1 to her 3. 

Using her 3, plus Contagion cloud makes her even more deadly. The reason why Saryn is able to get higher kill counts when using spores and NOT Miasma, is because there is little to no delay between spawns whilst her spores continue to spread. A Volt clears an area, there is always a delay in respawns, however small. Same when using Miasma. No Miasma, just spores, Molt, and Lash, and you get higher kill counts. It is not the kills that matter so much but the affinity gained to get your weapons leveled or Focus farmed faster and efficiently.

Edited by CuChulainnWD

1 hour ago, IceColdHawk said:

The way spores work also give Saryn an easy "killsteal" feature in whereas others deal far more damage but the kills ultimately get contributed to Saryn. Especially in higher levels, Saryn requires some time to kill enemies whereas other frames or weapons can just bash them in a heartbeat.

That works both ways, though, doesn't it? The Spores could do 90% of the work, then some other player one-shots what's left of the enemy.

EDIT: which makes spore-centric Saryn players supportive of the squad, as she makes the enemies squishier for everybody. Provided the rest of the squad is actually pitching in and contributing to the mayhem, of course.

Edited by OmegaVoid
Afterthought.

30 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Except for the fact that DE has strive for ages to make almost all warframes abilities relevant, I could ask you to name the number of frames where people use a Frames 1 or 2 ability constantly, and even I would be hard pressed to name them. Saryn to get the most out of her DOES encourage you to be active and use all of her abilities, from her 1 to her 3.

In a lot of cases (mostly older frames) the 1 is designed to be a simple ability that you're just supposed to use as an offhand thing, maybe the equivalent of a grenade in other games. On those older frames, 1st (and occasionally 2nd) abilities can be not so useful compared to just using weaponry. However, there are definitely plenty of newer frames which use 1 and 2 abilities a lot. Baruuk uses Elude very often, Wukong's clone is most likely never not in use, Khora's whip is a great damage tool, Wisp, Nidus, Gauss and Atlas have their 1s as staples of their kit. The difference between those last frames and Saryn is that their 1 abilities are used alongside their other abilities, not just taking centre stage while every other ability has to be defined based on how it works with the first one.

37 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Using her 3, plus Contagion cloud makes her even more deadly. The reason why Saryn is able to get higher kill counts when using spores and NOT Miasma, is because there is little to no delay between spawns whilst her spores continue to spread. A Volt clears an area, there is always a delay in respawns, however small. Same when using Miasma. No Miasma, just spores, Molt, and Lash, and you get higher kill counts. It is not the kills that matter so much but the affinity gained to get your weapons leveled or Focus farmed faster and efficiently.

I haven't really tried Contagion Cloud, but I can see how that could make a cool build. That function is the sort of thing that could separate Toxic Lash from just being a slave to Spores, it's a shame it's just an augment.

20 hours ago, Morticoccus said:

Except that it's generally not the casuals who whine for nerfs in this game, it's the FOTM tryhards.

Except FOTM for them is which frame is currently "stealing" kills/DPS from them.

That argument from that crowd has not been told plainly for a while. It’s new ways and schemes to take what is good and bend it to their level. 

6 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

Was just browsing reddit randomly until i found someone using Baruuk and easily keeping up with a Saryn during ESO.

Hide contents

xksot14h19441.jpg?width=1672&format=pjpg

When a pacifist frame can keep up with the so called "leaves no kills for anybody" frame like that...just some food for thought.

It's all a matter of setup and engagement/skill. Saryn isn't as ridiculous as some people like to claim here. Nukes entire rooms and keeps others from participating...good joke.

1900 kills in 9 waves only means Saryn hasn't been using her skillset/has been using it rarely.

13 hours ago, (PS4)The1stAzrael said:

A. That chart is visual vomit, and nowhere does it actually show the raw percentage of players using nuke frames vs those who don't. It's mostly breaking down frame usage by Mastery Rank, which is  in no way indicative of popularity or skill as a whole, since it is fairly easy to skew that rating due to how ridiculously simple it is to achieve a high rank, without actually learning anything about the game.

B. I if recall, that chart was made using data gathered from PC, so it really only represents a portion of the population. A population that is wildly different from console.

PC is the only thing that matters

On 2019-12-13 at 3:53 AM, BlackVortex said:

PC is the only thing that matters

14 hours ago, (PS4)The1stAzrael said:

Yeah, because that over inflated economy is a reeaaalll money maker.

1 hour ago, BlackVortex said:

among other things

1 hour ago, (PS4)The1stAzrael said:

..Either you're joking, or you don't understand the effects of inflation.

or you don't understand

59 minutes ago, (PS4)The1stAzrael said:

And what are the positives of inflation?

Your original quote had no relevance what so ever with what I was replying to, it was just a snide, false assertion of superiority. PC is not "the only thing that matters". Dismissing my original point on the basis of that is incredibly immature and shows that you're unwilling to even try and defend the statements I was criticizing, with a reasonable response. And on another note, I've already gone over the numbers in the past, comparing Steams All-time high to the Playstore's number of reviews (and yes, I am aware there is a standalone launcher, but there are also people who never reviewed Warframe on PS4), and the number of console reviews were double that of Steam's all-time high. Simply taking Steams numbers into account clearly shows, that portion of PC is outmatched by PS4 in numbers (I haven't even looked into Switch and Xbox's data). Console's population is not something you should easily dismiss, when making a decision or rebalancing the game. You also shouldn't ignore over half your player base, simply because they're on an "inferior" platform. Any good game dev knows this, and all I can say is, I am so glad none of you PC master race morons are in any strong positions of power in Digital Extremes.

...And PC players aren't much more than glorified lab rats, who get to try out every crappy product before the finer, better version is released on console.

Now I suggest we drop this subject before this thread gets derailed any further.

On 2019-12-02 at 10:25 PM, 844448 said:

1. Spores scale up until a cap which is very high for an ability that can be left unattended and will stay running rampant with 280% range as long as there's an enemy that can be infected on range while other abilities need some management and don't reach that high

Actually spores require managment to hit a few thousand damage or else they stop growing and fall off... read up on saryn on the wiki for anyone who's uninformed "ANY ENEMY KILLED PURELY BY SPORES WILL NOT SPREAD THOSE SPORES" im so tired of people nerfing stuff in a PvE game, yes i play Saryn more than any other frame not because she's good, because i enjoy damage over time frames, ROT frames, and Saryn was always interesting by the way she shredded armor VS high levels then finish them off with my weapons. Any frame can do so much as sneeze at an enemy level 15 and they die, dont believe me? go to earth and bullet jump near a grineer you can kill something just by bulletjumping next to them up until like lvl 15 Whats gonna happen when saryn goes down? equinox next? ember who is now a great aoe dps frame and literally just had a rework to BUFF her AOE damage/scalability by now also having armor strip (hypocritical if you ask me since saryn does the exact same thing)? Eventually we're going to have no option but to run around picking off enemies 1 by 1 when they spawn in the double digits, or the alternative which is turning every single mission into what you see in your average resource farm: post up somewhere, cast khora 4 or hydroid 4, and AFK while enemies run into your traps.

Edited by -Cephalon_Cody-
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)The1stAzrael said:

Your original quote had no relevance what so ever with what I was replying to, it was just a snide, false assertion of superiority. PC is not "the only thing that matters". Dismissing my original point on the basis of that is incredibly immature and shows that you're unwilling to even try and defend the statements I was criticizing, with a reasonable response. And on another note, I've already gone over the numbers in the past, comparing Steams All-time high to the Playstore's number of reviews (and yes, I am aware there is a standalone launcher, but there are also people who never reviewed Warframe on PS4), and the number of console reviews were double that of Steam's all-time high. Simply taking Steams numbers into account clearly shows, that portion of PC is outmatched by PS4 in numbers (I haven't even looked into Switch and Xbox's data). Console's population is not something you should easily dismiss, when making a decision or rebalancing the game. You also shouldn't ignore over half your player base, simply because they're on an "inferior" platform. Any good game dev knows this, and all I can say is, I am so glad none of you PC master race morons are in any strong positions of power in Digital Extremes.

barking up the wrong tree, I have been playing this game for nearly 7 years and don't use steam, so I could care less about steam numbers

barking up the wrong tree, I have been playing this game for nearly 7 years and don't use steam, so I could care less about steam numbers

Yet again, responding with something that only loosely correlates with the main point of my post.

I'm not wasting anymore time trying to discuss this with you any further.

On 2019-12-04 at 7:35 AM, Aadi880 said:

Are you implying Titania needs a nerf???

Sure, her 4 is strong, but that's the only thing that is strong. Her other 3 abilities might not even exist to players given how much they do ragdolling enemies into orbit.

I'm saying that those are high DPS frames that people whine about and would most likely get nerfed because that's what people do whine enough so they get chopped until they suck to play  I've been in mission and had whiners rage quit because I got most kills and it shut their frame down. I main Oberon. Love that frame. I play my role and support the team while DPS frames RIP through the mission. Used to play Destiny 2 until they chopped a lot of stuff due to crybabies I'll quit this one too if it gets bad enough