Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee's Rework Idea

SanGuineSHIP

I loved playing Banshee becuase she looked so sleek and cool. She was the first warframe I grind for after Excalibur. Her abilities were good but honestly I think she can get some upgrades with them abilities especially since her 3rd ability is a waste of ability slots. 

Since DE is focusing on ability synergy with newer frame and had applied it on Ember post rework, I thought why not have the other older frames receive the same treatment.

BANSHEE REWORK IDEAS:

Passive

Frequency ~ manifest as a special meter that absorb sound made by Banshee and her allies within her affinity range. Effectively silencing weapons and abilities that will draw in the attention of the enemies (produce noise). It also increase Banshee's power range.

Reason: 

Her old passive doesn't have any synergy with her abilities at all. I think since her abilities are all affected by power range, making her passive had something something to do with power range will give her a good power boost to all her abilities. ( I called it frequency cuz the higher the frequency, the longer a wave can travel, hence the power range 🙂)

1st ability & 2nd ability:

I think its fine cuz the passive will give these abilities some boost.

3rd ability:

Static ~ creates an aura which causes loud static noise in enemies' ear which hinder/slow them down as long as they are in the area. The closer the enemies are to Banshee, the louder the noise will be and the lower they will move. Stun enemies at close proximity.

Reason:

Her 3rd ability, Silence is by far her least practical ability. It only stuns the enemy for a while and is not recastable. While this new ability will lose the stun upon first casting it, I think it will give much more survivability to Banshee compared to Silence since this ability slows enemy down and the stun can be utilized by constantly moving and killing enemies using melee weapons.(stun them by moving close to them then kill them using your melee weapons) 

(I draw inspiration from the statics in old TV)

Ultimate ability:

I think it's better if her Sound Quake comes in expanding pulses rather than just the ground releasing some air. Maybe increase the damage also?

Banshee is a glass cannon frame. She is  powerful but also very squishy. Her abilities lack proper defensive attributes to keep her alive for long in the battlefield. I really wanted to play her in higher level missions. Hopefully DE will make rework for her soon.

Some of these ideas are interesting. While you have come up with a rework for her, I also have some ideas for her which is a revisit, my ideas is about changing enemy behaviour however idm if she gets a rework. (replacing the 3rd ability) If I were to give her some improvements here is what I would do;

Banshee:

1st ability:

·       Enemies hit will receive a 30% slower knockdown recovery.

·       Enemies that hit a hard surface will take more damage.

·       It can reflect projectile weapons back at enemies.

·       Can be used on the move.

·       Can brake breakable objects.

2nd ability:

·       (Synergy) Enemies affected take increase damage from her 1st and 4th ability.

3rd ability:

·       Enemies will notice you within a 15m of their vision.

·       Enemies will have a slower reaction time when noticing you (if you stand in front of them it will take them 3 seconds until they react to your presents)

·       If you hold the ability, you can control how far the ability reaches based on how much range it has.

·       Show the radius of the ability.

·       Put an indicator above enemies’ head to show how quickly they will be alerted by seeing you. (like stealth games)

·       If enemies are alerted, casting this ability will revert them back to being un-alerted however they will still be alerted if the alarms are on or if you are in their sights.

·       (Synergy) If you use after casting the 2nd ability, you can see enemies through walls. It will also give you 4.0 punch-through on weapons. (can be increased by strength mods)

4th Ability:

·       Enemies will be suspended in the air.

·       Every enemy killed while suspended will increase its damage. (noisy weapons will increase its damage)

·       Damage will decay overtime.

·       There is an indicator showing the amount of damage accumulated.

·       After being cast, you can now move around while active.

·       It drains 6 energy a second.

·       After deactivation, enemies will have their damage reduced by 80%.

Silence is a really flipping weird ability, because it basically overlaps with Banshee's passive. Why would I want to silence my guns on a frame whose guns are always silent by default? And it doesn't even silence anything to begin with - it deafens enemies instead.

I'm all for replacing Banshee's passive for something more interesting, but the whole idea of absorbing noise seems a bit redundant. Everyone shoots everything always. I can't imagine a situation where you wouldn't be at 100% at all times.

Sonic Boom needs to be a one-handed action. So many abilities have been given the ability to be cast on the go, while Banshee still gets locked into place while using a small CC skill. This ability is stuck in 2013.

Also Soundquake is not a good ability at all. I'm not even talking whether it's useful or not, it's just a bad ability design overall.

You're basically removing your ability to play the game by using Soundquake. It's like Nyx's Absorb, except Nyx actually gets rewarded with an explosion if she turns it off. Soundquake only gets anything done for as long as you're just sitting there doing nothing.

30 minutes ago, VentiGlondi said:

Silence is a really flipping weird ability, because it basically overlaps with Banshee's passive. Why would I want to silence my guns on a frame whose guns are always silent by default? And it doesn't even silence anything to begin with - it deafens enemies instead.

Fun fact about Silence that few know. It stops enemies from using certain special actions. My favorite being that it disables the use of harpoons. Don't believe me? Just run through 20 scorpions with and without silence in the simulacrum.

12 minutes ago, Melanholic7 said:

Just dont touich her ult -___- Dont need Banshee at all without it and i love her. So nice to CC missions like Interception or mobile defense

Nah her ult absolutely needs to be touched. And by touched I mean become something entirely different. But it should not be more press 4 to be OP garbage.

Edited by BansheePrime

Banshee’s issues are more from aging in the game than anything else, similar to the issues Vauban currently faces, the game heavily moved away from ability reliant frames in later game modes (unless they include team or self-buffs). Pair the ability reliance and lack of self buffs with no massive synergies and being paper thin and...the rust starts to show. By ability reliance in this context I mean specifically frames that need to affect enemies with abilities.

Granted Banshee’s lack of durability is countered by the superb potential damage of sonar… but that leaves two and a half abilities that just fall flat in the increasing ability nullification game play. 

PASSIVE

Spoiler

Stunning Wail - Enemies alerted to Banshee’s presence are briefly stunned. When Banshee stuns an enemy, they are temporarily disarmed.
Suppressor - Banshee’s equipped weapons are treated as silent; Enemies take bonus damage when stunned or damaged by a silenced weapon.

I believe this makes for a holistic passive that feeds off of itself and the rest of her kit while allowing a cooperative approach by affording Hush to be equipped for a situational damage buff instead of just for MR 9 test stealth, should your allies not want to wait for Silence to be cast.

SONIC BOOM

Spoiler

For this ability changing the CC to a knockdown and merging with the augment, Sonic Fracture, to reduce enemy armor would do wonders. It removes the make or break feeling of the low range CC behind this ability and the minimal damage with a debuff. In addition, it could gain increased damage based on the number of sonar procs and increased armor reduction while silence is active.

Augments:

Echo Chamber: 
A) sends sonic boom in a radius that returns to banshee, increasing her armor by the number of enemies hit (to a cap).

B) The less preferable variation where Sonic Boom is recast and reflected when it hits a wall at an increased range and strength for a number of times based on duration, which could also allow for a nice change of pace and more tactical planning.

These AUGMENT how banshee is played and allows an alternative game space that’s more worth the slot. Sonic Fracture being short ranged and temporary always made corrosive projection more straight forward and appealing in my eyes. 

SONAR

Spoiler

Her saving grace, without this ability I’m sure we would have been hearing Banshee’s name along with Ember and Vauban.

SILENCE

Spoiler

it Should make all allies within range count as having silenced weapons, thus giving them a damage buff to more than just melee and pairing a bit better with Sonar. Equally, the disarm from her passive would make not being able to recast less troublesome.

For the augment, savage silence, while not a bad augment as is currently, I’d like to see Banshee gain 5s of invisibility (similar to shade’s ghost effect) on finishers or kills on unaltered enemies, whichever works better, that adds 300% finisher damage to Banshee’s next attack. I feel this would push this argument further. Banshee could shoot to burst down a target (briefly stunning enemies that become alerted to her) or sustain the finisher buff with melee to stay invisible, but definitely something that would require testing to balance.

SOUND QUAKE 

Spoiler

Personally I despise abilities that lock the player out of the basic gameplay mechanics, especially without sufficient trade off. A feeling which is likely due to Sound Quake’s former glory, much like Ember’s world on fire, being uninteractive for the caster and unfun for other players which lead to AFK farming, Griefing and the inevitable balance of this ability.

I’d like to see sound quake creating an area (as the augment Resonating Quake does) where guns in the radius of Sound Quake release shock-waves on impact. Additionally, when banshee casts abilities in the radius of Sound Quake, it sends out a shockwave of the abilities effect.

Resonating Quake, on top of increasing the range and strength of Sound Quake over time (including the weapon impact shockwaves to a cap), on kill should allow for an increase to the ability durations of sonar, silence and Sound Quake with a lower duration increase on “assists” or ally kills.

Ultimately this rework should open up or at least enhance other avenues of play and add more interaction between her kit. The rework is in a point where it would take playing with all of the pieces to make the picture both whole and balanced, but hopefully this at least sparks some discussion or direction for future Banshee tweaks and possibilities

If you'd prefer to listen rather than read:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Melanholic7 said:

Just dont touich her ult -___- Dont need Banshee at all without it and i love her. So nice to CC missions like Interception or mobile defense

Its really good but so freaking boring and needs to be changed.

What if her ult would get "stacks" like equinox ults, but based on enemy noise, you can activate it as an aura it stores power based on enemy noise and at the same time works like the old 3 abillity (stunning everything for a short duration that enters the aura). On Disableing the aura She blast a big wave that oneshot the map.

Then her ultimate would deal good dmg in lategame, and also supports more "move around" gameplay then standing at a position as a tower and just spamming 4.

Edited by Jannanomana
spellings, grammar

Here's my ideas (Note that I'm a follower in Shy's Way of the Savage Silence, so my ideas are kinda based on that playstyle):

Passive: Resonating Frequency

Banshee constantly emits a below-audible hum that matches the resonance frequency of enemy weapons. The building vibrations create a chance for the weapon to misfire on use and jam based on their proximity to Banshee. Would eventually reach 100% if close enough, but it wouldn't trigger until they actually tried to shoot, meaning a heavy could still slam or you get a rifle stock to the face if aren't careful. If Gara can blind people as a passive...

Sonic Boom

Same, but only because I didn't think of the idea above of it bouncing off things and being able to absorb it on return for a buff.

Sonar

Also the same, though I wonder if it really still has a place in the meta functioning as-is, particularly in regards to the newer bosses and enemies who, if not immune outright probably won't get their sonar weak spot in an area you can actually damage them.

Silence

Would have a second component, Screech. As long as Silence still has duration remaining, pressing 3 again would end the ability with Banshee giving out a high-pitched screech that stuns enemies in an AoE. Might give it a build up mechanic during silence, based on the amount of enemy and Banshee (and only them) noise it canceled out, or some other metric so it isn't always double-tap three all the time.

Final Ability: Wail

Banshee begins to wail, at three different frequencies depending on how long you charge the ability.

First level: Inaudible. Below the audible range, the wail is still lethal, damaging the internal organs and machinery of enemies, causing damage per tick and the chance for bleed procs without alerting them. The enemy's brains getting turned to mush might even cause memory loss, resetting alert status.

Second level: Audible. The otherworldly wailing now alerts enemies, who find it disorienting. The damage per tick increases, but instead of bleeds, enemies are slowed and suffer a penalty to accuracy.

Final level: Scream. The Wail of Death. Highest damage per tick, with an initial blast proc and striping armor and shields as the sonic vibrations begin to literally tear the enemy and their equipment apart.

I figure they would all be sustain abilities, with the energy per second increasing per tier, but without rooting her like Sound Quake does now. A solo Banshee who's going for stealth kills might use the lowest level softening enemies and eventually kill those in troublesome places without ending their streak. A Banshee in an endless mission might go to the second level as a soft CC, particularly in interception and disruption, when the final level is just there for when people need things to just die.

Don't have an augment idea for it though.

im really digging the Static concept for silence, especially so because there is huge diffence how a narrowminded silence and ranged silence banshee plays and this could potentially combine those playstyles

Frequency is definately interesting as passive too

both building on her theme, which is important (her current themes are conflicted between mythological and audio, with her internal and original development name being Decree [order with force of law])

as an aside Harmonic Modulation is a good theme in terms of frequency/waves, alot of scifi references to shield harmonic modulation which would equal resistance to damage by adaptation and stopping toxin, slash ability to bypass shield