Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't wait to see the complaints if railjack part 2 comes today/tomorrow

mrhapps

4 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

It is.

Honestly, I have no clue what's going on. I'm just waiting and seeing.

And yeah, I saw the trailer. Seems Bungie are bringing the big hype guns.

2 minutes ago, Ambiguous_Scarab said:

heckin Saint-14.

Pretty much yes

We're all waiting and seeing, but thats all its good for right now. "Wait and See" and people ask why people move to other games like D2, but yes D2 is bringing more then big hype guns, they are bringing ACTUAL CONTENT. Pass or Not, it's still content

18 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Pretty much yes

We're all waiting and seeing, but thats all its good for right now. "Wait and See" and people ask why people move to other games like D2, but yes D2 is bringing more then big hype guns, they are bringing ACTUAL CONTENT. Pass or Not, it's still content

Indeed.

That being said, I have noticed a bit of a trend. That being "hey lets bring back a popular dead character". Ana Bray in Warmind? Canonically dead except sike not really she just faked her death. In the middle of battle. Which if Humanity lost they'd probably go extinct. But nah she a hero. And now Saint 14. We see his body and now he's back.

Calling it now, Cayde's death won't stick for long. They've introduced a second resurrection system, one that can revive mortalised guardians. There's no way he's staying dead. Also he's prominent in some New Light Marketing, which I always thought was off. This banner:Image result for destiny new light

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Indeed.

That being said, I have noticed a bit of a trend. That being "hey lets bring back a popular dead character". Ana Bray in Warmind? Canonically dead except sike not really she just faked her death. In the middle of battle. Which if Humanity lost they'd probably go extinct. But nah she a hero. And now Saint 14. We see his body and now he's back.

Calling it now, Cayde's death won't stick for long. They've introduced a second resurrection system, one that can revive immortalized guardians. There's no way he's staying dead. 

That is an...really good point!

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Indeed.

Calling it now, Cayde's death won't stick for long. They've introduced a second resurrection system, one that can revive mortalised guardians. There's no way he's staying dead. Also he's prominent in some New Light Marketing, which I always thought was off. This banner:Image result for destiny new light

Ooooo cayde is coming back? I need to start playing d2 man

Edited by (PS4)ChaosTheNerd

Just now, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Ooooo cause is coming back? I need to start playing d2 man

Not confirmed by a long shot. But people, including myself, thought it wouldn't stick since it was announced and now Bungie is introducing a new means of resurrection (good old time travel... sort of. I think.) so I'm fairly sure he's going to eventually.

2 hours ago, Duskham said:

I really hope they drop Empyrean this week, but i'm starting to doubt it since they are silent since the last Rising Tide hotfix... probably the Part 2 will come after the next devstream, well but i really hope i'm wrong xD

See, that's where the signals get mixed for me, personally.  Like you, I take their silence on Empyrean as a sign that Empyrean is not coming this week - usually there's a "Where is Update X?" thread when they're within a week of releasing a major update.  However, I take the lack of any further hotfixes to Rising Tide for the past week as a sign that their QA team and coders are focused elsewhere - possibly on wrapping up/bug testing Empyrean.

So, put those two things together, and I suspect Empyrean is mostly done, but still not done enough for a release this week.  I think it's coming sometime between next week and the week before Christmas.

Also like you, I sort of hope I'm wrong and it comes this week.

7 minutes ago, Aekhon said:

See, that's where the signals get mixed for me, personally.  Like you, I take their silence on Empyrean as a sign that Empyrean is not coming this week - usually there's a "Where is Update X?" thread when they're within a week of releasing a major update.  However, I take the lack of any further hotfixes to Rising Tide for the past week as a sign that their QA team and coders are focused elsewhere - possibly on wrapping up/bug testing Empyrean.

So, put those two things together, and I suspect Empyrean is mostly done, but still not done enough for a release this week.  I think it's coming sometime between next week and the week before Christmas.

Also like you, I sort of hope I'm wrong and it comes this week.

Those threads usually show up on a Wednesday, since that is (supposed to be) update day. Today is Tuesday.

DE, to my knowledge, only updates on a Tuesday for Prime Access, not major updates. As such, it is unlikely we will have any news relating to Empyrean until tomorrow at the earliest.

17 hours ago, M3tallius said:

Can confirm that since I moved to the standalone launcher, steam achievements do not unlock properly. I'm actively looking at my rail jack in the steam client right now and I don't have the achievement. Lulz I only log into the steam version for tennogen here and there now.

They don't  unlock properly if you even do use the steam launcher.  According to my achievements list, I've never killed Vor or Jackal, put a Forma in anything, or gone past 20 waves in a Defense misison.  The latter especially I've done multiple times in the last week.

13 hours ago, Duskham said:

I really hope they drop Empyrean this week, but i'm starting to doubt it since they are silent since the last Rising Tide hotfix... probably the Part 2 will come after the next devstream, well but i really hope i'm wrong xD

Today, we should get an announcement if there will be devstream this week. If not, They are working on getting railjack done as soon as possible. I am hoping for this week as well 😄

Edited by Patash

6 hours ago, Patash said:

Today, we should get an announcement if there will be devstream this week. If not, They are working on getting railjack done as soon as possible. I am hoping for this week as well 😄

the lady on the switch stream said they were planning on a devstream this week, but we will only know for sure after forum announcement. Just knowing they are still planning on the devstream happening is giving me real hope for an update today.

Never any point in using steam achievments as an indicator in long-haul games, especially not f2p ones. It just uses the total number of "accounts" and bases the completion percentage on those and not on actual active players. So we dont really know how many of the active players are really done with a railjack. And since the only requirement for Steam to count something as an account is installing or having the game in your library it gets even more innacurate for free to play games, since they tend to end up in libraries for players at times just because they are similar to something else.

I mean, it's gonna be a long time away, but also more importantly having a crew for your ship relies on not everyone wanting to be a captain so that's good.

I don't think anyone will ever 'have to' build the parts, just hitchhike.