Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding arbitrations

kuryux

I know its out of fashion these days, but I had an interesting idea I would like to share.

Original arbitrations problem:

Perma death was too harsh for noobs and troubling even for veterans cause of bugs and stuff u could get insta death and lose a lot out of the blue without even knowing what in the nine voids hit ya.

Current arbitration problem:

Noobs have it easy, since they can die and just leech for the whole thing, while veterans struggle with the penalties and are forced to res the leecher or play with a huge handicap.

Proposed solution:

What if death wasnt permanent, but also there was no need to res? Like, if u die, u die, but after completing a full rotation ( 5 defenses, 5 minutes, etc), those dead come back. This would keep things interesting and challenging for both noobs and veterans alike.

Alternatively, it could add a handicap for those ressurected, if u wanna keep things really challenging.

• Like 1

I think that would be nice, but I also feel there should still be AFK penalty after being in the capsule for a certain amount of time. Maybe skip a rotation. It takes maybe a minute to get brought back with a coordinated team, so being in it for more than 5 minutes should start the penalty for AFK, making the person who died (or in the case of a leech) miss out on a rotation of loot, in which the group can leave and come back.

Pretty good idea actually. You play for each individual rotations rewards. If you die, you don't get that rotations rewards, but you rez at the beginning of the next rotation and try again until its painfully inefficient for you to stay because you end up dead most of the time. Pretty solid suggestion, imo.

• Like 7

Destiny (to make yet another unnecessary comparison) works like that. In 'difficult' zones, there's no reviving until a checkpoint is reached, then the dead pop back up. I'm not sure about missing a rotation of rewards tho, if that were the case we'd still need a revival mechanic. Maybe just have the revival tokens 'press X to pick up' instead of automatic? Solves the debuff problem. Also, give a reward for picking up teammates, like a small endo drop or a vitus essense, for people to bother. Too low to exploit-farm, but high enough where you don't just ignore it.

if you die you lose out on the rotation reward and every time you die the cost to revive is increased by 1 

make it so you can bank drone shards so my second idea doesn't become a huge burden

I prefer the way death works now Because at least there is less stress to dying and people can be more flexible with what they choose

Edited by (PS4)CodyXSavageX
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, GruntBlender said:

Destiny (to make yet another unnecessary comparison)

Comparisons are good cause they give a concrete idea of how things could be. In fact, my idea was inspired on the andromeda coop multiplayer.

I know the game has its issues, but the multiplayer is quite fun and challenging. Which made me wonder what makes it fun and challenging? And thus I realized the way death is handled has an important part in it.

To me the big problem with Arbitrations is the f-ing drones. They are immune to abilities and make all enemies in range immune to abilities and damage. Basically nullifiers on steroids. And they are everywhere, so arbitrations become a "shot-the-drone" minigame, and abilities become useless because practically all enemies are immune to them. So the only real way to play is with tank frames (all 4 of them) and aoe weapons so we can shoot the small drones that hide behind enemies, walls and all kinds of obstacles.

4 minutes ago, D_Caedus said:

Basically nullifiers on steroids.

They don't destroy your channeled abilities, so they're infinitely more preferable to nullifiers.

5 minutes ago, D_Caedus said:

So the only real way to play is with tank frames (all 4 of them) and aoe weapons

Depends on how long you want to go for. If you're only going for an hour, an Oberon with a decent range on a melee will do just fine. I like the kind of challenge the drones are, they resist other metas of nuking the map with abilities and make gameplay more engaging. 

For Drones I would just split them into 2

ability immunity drones and damage immunity  drones

drones themselves will not benefit from their own or other drone buffs 

possibly we could add damage buff drone that randomly adds any elemental buff to enemies giving us 3 drones that challenges tanks, supports and dps frames

In theory everything would balance out