Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A simple yet impactful Atlas tectonics change

(PSN)devack13

Hello all, I don't post here very often in fact it's been a few years I think. But I've come to make a suggestion on Atlas that i feel would make his tectonics ability a bit more unique and useful in multiple aspects. I've been using him again lately mainly because of the prime and the power that stands out to me as below others is tectonics, AKA the rock wall. I just don't actually use it much, certainly sometime it saves my bacon when under heavy fire, but I'm focused on it's secondary function of rolling it at the enemy and how it feels kinda ineffective. Throwing your cover should be a bit more rewarding for the risk in my opinion. To that end I say during the 4 seconds that the wall is invulnerable and absorbs damage to make it stronger against what is trying to break your legs currently have a percentage of that absorbed damage also increase the damage delt by the Indiana Jones boulder you turn it into. This would in my opinion make it a lot more useful in high level content, and maybe even have the rumblers gain damage based on that too. In closing I feel it important to note I'm mainly talking about his high level effectiveness in the range of (60-100), and I don't think he is bad or anything like that, I just feel the power could be improved. Thoughts? Comments? Criticziems? 

Honestly I'd prefer to see tectonics become more focused on defense/utility instead of giving it offensive power, plus I don't think this change you're suggesting would matter that much in high level content: if i remember correctly the boulder deals impact damage, although it might be useful against Corpus and maybe Infested enemies it is completely useless against the Grineer, whatever damage it does, and I personally think that the Grineer is the only faction Atlas struggles with in high level missions.

If you have some time i made a post about Atlas and some ideas on how to tweak/update him (it's called "Atlas brainstorming, possible adjustments and ideas"), I had other "plans" for Tectonics personally, if you want to check them feel free to swing by.

39 minutes ago, ITAShrek said:

Honestly I'd prefer to see tectonics become more focused on defense/utility instead of giving it offensive power, plus I don't think this change you're suggesting would matter that much in high level content: if i remember correctly the boulder deals impact damage, although it might be useful against Corpus and maybe Infested enemies it is completely useless against the Grineer, whatever damage it does, and I personally think that the Grineer is the only faction Atlas struggles with in high level missions.

If you have some time i made a post about Atlas and some ideas on how to tweak/update him (it's called "Atlas brainstorming, possible adjustments and ideas"), I had other "plans" for Tectonics personally, if you want to check them feel free to swing by.

I will check your post out later then, i'm interested to see the community thoughts on it. I agree it wouldn't make the power but so good, but in my experience it seems DE prefers simple fast acting fixes that reqire a small amount of work. Or at the least these small fast acting solutions seem to get to the front of their queue faster. Honestly i would love to see some larger changes to a couple powers of his. 

On 2019-12-03 at 8:09 PM, (PS4)devack13 said:

I will check your post out later then, i'm interested to see the community thoughts on it. I agree it wouldn't make the power but so good, but in my experience it seems DE prefers simple fast acting fixes that reqire a small amount of work. Or at the least these small fast acting solutions seem to get to the front of their queue faster. Honestly i would love to see some larger changes to a couple powers of his. 

I agree with your point about "simple fast acting fixes", though I'm more than happy to wait longer but to receive improvements as were the Petrify one (when they made it instant cast with instant effect) and the introduction of the Rubble mechanic. Until then I'll play Atlas anyway 😄