Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The ideas of a Nyx player please read

(XBOX)Saeva dominus

I highly doubt that anyone will see this so..... the following are ideas that I would like to share with any dev or player that happens across this tiny little part of the Internet. 

Part 1 ' Nyx is my favourite frame and needs major changes '

yeah bet you didn't see that one coming did you? To elaborate Nyx is fundamentally flawed in today's Iteration of warframe because she can not survive reliably and has no real way of dealing any kind of damage. The most recent changes turned her from mr fodder to cc viable but that's as far as we get... The concept for Nyx is a Psychic Ninja encased in helminth technocyte. The possibilities for her abilities are almost endless and yet they are reflected as Mind control a weak enemy that will be power creeped out so hard that it will start jumping up and down railings frantically in fear, the equivalent of 6 bullets that nullify armour and abilities, what feels like five seconds of confusion on enemies close enough to be inspecting nyx's horn for scratches, and finally being made immobile to spend all your energy on a burp that the grineer can't hear over the sound of wukong becoming 420 times immortal God of everything and Saryn kronenburging the map so hard that the hiss of spores going off makes their ears bleed.

the following is how we could improve Nyx so she can stand on equal footing with the likes of Saryn and monkey boi: step one is changing nyx's passive to give her ESP Nyx utilises her mind and the void to gain 25% damage resistance to physical damage, this helps her Already low survivability and is matching to her theme. Next up we completely remove mind control and replace it with psionic presence, this new ability allows Nyx to draw energy from any hostile forces and distribute it among herself and other Tenno within affinity range in a surge that makes hostile creatures disoriented for a base duration of 15 seconds at the cost of half of nyx's shields gaining 15 energy for each living enemy affected. Now that Nyx has a way to get energy without standing in the way of a firing squad we can talk about her second ability. Psychic bolts should feel like casting magic missile at level 8 rolling nat 20s, so now it will- the bolts fully strip armour and active abilities with the base number of bolts being 10 at base effected by strength, they will also be recast able and pin targets to terrain for five seconds, energy cost remains the same that's all for now it's 3:56 am in WA right now

I actually like Nyx's 1, 2, and 3 now. Her 1 scales, her two strips defenses, and her 3 was always good.

Her 4th skill is where I have a problem and I think it's what's keeping her back. Her 4 requires the augment and even with the augment it's still fails to reliably protect her; while I have it on I don't ever actually feel safe and I never feel safe enough to turn it off. Once it's on, it's on for the rest of the mission. DE supposedly updated the damage math for her nullify, but it still feels really weak. Energy drain is an issue. Range is an issue. Mobility is a terrible issue. Her 4th skill needs more to it especially since that is really what's supposed to keep her alive while all the psychic chaos is going on around her.

My suggestion would be to include the assimilate augment in the base ability, so then without the augment you could still slowly walk around at -50% speed. Consequently, her augment would then need to change. The augment should be: +50% movement speed, and the explosion damage is increased whenever a mind-controlled enemy dies, scaling off that enemy's health -- this helps endurance play-styles. The -50% range effect on the current augment should be removed. Lastly, the movement speed should not scale with power strength, but the damage should. If this ability can do a serious amount of burst damage, I might take the risk from time to time and turn it off just for that explosion.

The big issue with Nyx are as follows.

Powers: 

1) enemy ai and weapons damage is relatively useless against the armor they have on.  The AI is very unintuitive.  We need to be able to command them. Similar to Khoras cats.

2) I love pacifying bolts, but armor stripping is so common. Sure it also removes auras and slows infested.  But so can anyone else.  And the 6 capped bolts is a joke considering everyone else can do entire groups.  

This needs a do over.  Even though pacifying bolts is awesome. It should be baked into the ability.  The pacifying bolts should or could do more.

How about actually pacifying the enemy.  So instead of a stun it places the enemies to sleep and removes the "Alerted" status.  There are many options for this. But it would open enemies to finishers.  Or allow for a stealth playstyle.

3) chaos is good.  But arguably it does not remove the issue that enemies have crap weapons and decent armor. 

Nekros's terrify is arguably better as it removed enemies from doing anything.  They cant take any action.  And it can be cast over and over and it also strips armor.  Sure its annoying to chase enemies. But it is a true hard CC.

4) Screw absorb.  Or.  Give it a toggle.  

First toggle = Reflect. This would do what it does now and explodes.

Second Toggle = Regenerate.  This would convert damage taken and burst it out as a heal with excess damage converted into overshields.

Third Toggle = Spread. Damage taken has a chance to spread psychic bolts to nearby enemies.  Similar to Wisps surge.

This would give more utility.

On 2019-12-04 at 1:12 AM, Ichsuisme said:

I actually like Nyx's 1, 2, and 3 now. Her 1 scales, her two strips defenses, and her 3 was always good.

1 scales horribly and time to kill is atrocious even when buffed. Her 2 is boring and 3 is the worst CC ability of all CC frames(Mostly Just outdated at this point).

• Like 1

so and I agree nyx is to flawed, outdated frame as for today...but I dont like and I dont see your suggestions

as I adapted a bit to current nyx..I like a bit her 2nd to strip flly armor/shields...but this is still flawed, while it is good to strip it is stupid as why only 6 targets out of ton of enemies here? I wont get to much at all as these 6 enemies will get down in just moment while rest will be left, it can synergize with her 3th skill but unlike on  other frames with real cc here enemies still have chance to target you while you will be killing only specific enemies at once becasue and bolts target so arandomly..you never know which enemies it will affect, it can spread insanely so it is usable only on single or groups of few enemies, in bigger group it is going to be useless how small amount of targets it can debuff and randomly which enemies will be affected by it...

3th skill is not that very bad...but is bad in compare to other real cc frames, while I like her 3th skill it have problem as enemies still will target us if we get to close to the or even better...they will to close to us while moving lol, on missions wityh objectives whiel enemies are to close to them there is same problem...they ignore their chaos and other around them, they will go blindly to ourobjective at all like theu dont care about chaos, they are surrounded fully by only enemies shooting at them, they blindly go to objective like they was not under our chaos so again...real cc like fear, stasis, frost frezze etc are much much superior and while as it was also said not only once...thry will never kill eachother as for their armor and damage scalling

and ofc worst at end...1st skill..because of how AI works here...most useless ability for me...I even never use it to disband special hard to dealw ith single targets...isntead I always used or just chos on them or bolts with augment for stun to faster kill them...

and 4th skill...I wont add to much, @Ichsuisme I can say perfectly described issue with this skill, how this ability in basic should work like with augment and augment should add much more mobility tot his since how this game relies on mobility at all...even pure tank frames have they mobility or even..some of them have better mobility than average frame at all and here we have nyx which have almost..or even no mobility with this skill which looks as main skill to survive

and at the end about wha tI almost forgot...her passive...it should also get full rework, 20% for less accuracy on enemies? is this joke right? because even on low lvls we can have hordes of enemies....where even 50% of less accuracy wont do any significant diference for you on higher lvls...becasue in hordes of them...you have a tons of bullets flying around you and many if them are going to hit you and 20% and even 50% wont save you by getting hard hit/1shot by bullet which need to hit you at all out of hundrets of bullets around even if you had 90% chance for evasion

so just passive less accuracy to you or evasion...is most useless passive here and it should get full rework

On 2019-12-03 at 2:56 PM, (XB1)Saeva dominus said:

The most recent changes turned her from mr fodder to cc viable but that's as far as we get...

It was the opposite in fact. She was a CC Master rivaled only by Loki now she's simply not good at anything.

Least before she was good at CC / Defense for whatever value that has these days.

Nyx was far better off before and the best part was the didn't fix any of her bugs while added a few.

I think her 1 and 2 could use some love.

Let's face it her 1 is super situational and pretty terrible even with the augment. Enemy Ai just isn't good enough to take real advantage of this ability. Specters can do the same job but with customizable weapons.

Her 2 could either hit more targets or maybe be a cone attack that hits things in front of you instead of just Six.

I'm a bit confused about why people are saying her 3 is bad cc. I can't think of anyone with something better besides maybe vauban. Low energy high duration fire and forget cc that practically guarentees the defense target isn't going to be taking any damage in the near future. In solo play it's not amazing but in a team in synergizes extremely well with other defensive warframe abilities like frost/gara/limbo bubbles.

Speed nova with a chaos bubble on a control point is a fantastic combo for safe efficient farming.

Her 4 without the augment is pretty much trash. With the augment and efficency you can do some fancy things by exploiting melee movement or operator movement (which I don't think was intended when the augment was created)

I certainly don't think she's a "bad" warframe as is but the meta has moved faaaaaar away from what her kit is actually good at.