Sacrificial Steel or Blood Rush?

(PSN)ErydisTheLucario

Question

So at the risk of sounding dumb, I'm not too good with math, all I know is that Sacrificial steel got buffed today...idk what crit chance is for other than getting red crits, and I feel like I can achieve the same result with Blood rush. So the question is...Sacrificial steel or blood rush?

Edited by (PS4)ErydisTheLucario

14 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

Sacrificial steel gives +440% crit chance on heavy attack. Blood rush gives +720% crit chance at max combo counter. This means blood rush is better for sustained meleeing, but Sacrificial steel is better for heavy attack spam.

Blood rush only gets 11 stacks so it would be 660% you can also use the gladiator set for an extra 660% 
With both sacrificial steel and pressure it’s increased slightly to 275% or 550% on heavy attack

it depends on what you're doing with your Melee Weapon. you might prefer one instead of the other, or you might actually desire both.

you need to have a more definitive idea of what you're trying to do, before you can decide A vs B. at this point it can just be said that both options are useful.

If you are doing light melee only, use Blood Rush; if you are using only heavy attacks use Sacrificial Steel. If you are doing a light/heavy hybrid, use Blood Rush with the Focus Energy mod and the updated Zenurik passive. You might want to use Quickening over Beserker on the hybrid build, if you want to build/rebuild combo count faster.

On the hybrid build you can maintain combo even without any nearby enemies by doing a heavy attack, whiffing one resets the countdown, and you will spend 10% of your combo hits instead of them all going away.

Edited by Jupiterguy5
Added info on lengthening combos on hybrid

1 hour ago, .Unreality said:

What most people seem to casually ignore about Blood Rush is that the gain in CC over Sacrificial Steel isn't free, in fact it costs a whole other mod slot in Drifting Contact

And? What do you propose replacing drifting contact with that will outshine the Blood Rush and drifting contact combination? Sac Steel plus a 60/60 (the most likely replacement for drifting contact) is not going to outperform a Blood Rush crit build unless you are unable to keep your combo counter up

40 minutes ago, KosmicKerman said:

And? What do you propose replacing drifting contact with that will outshine the Blood Rush and drifting contact combination? Sac Steel plus a 60/60 (the most likely replacement for drifting contact) is not going to outperform a Blood Rush crit build unless you are unable to keep your combo counter up

I mean I've seen a few people using Blood Rush + Drifting Contact when Sacrificial Steel + Amalgam Organ Shatter is numerically superior.

But yeah most people I know are smart enough to know the cases where Drifting Contact is the best in slot.

Edited by .Unreality

50 minutes ago, .Unreality said:

I mean I've seen a few people using Blood Rush + Drifting Contact when Sacrificial Steel + Amalgam Organ Shatter is numerically superior.

But yeah most people I know are smart enough to know the cases where Drifting Contact is the best in slot.

I’m not sure I follow. I would only use Sac Steel and Amalgam OS in a heavy attack build. That build should also have corrupt charge so I don’t see how Blood Rush wanting drifting contact is much different. I also have doubts about the overall effectiveness of heavy builds. For most content I much rather use a Blood Rush crit build then a heavy attack build because heavy attacks are slow. It also seems that hybrid heavy attack builds (blood rush crit build that replaces the second element with focus energy and organ shatter with the amalgam version) might be better suited to Warframe content than a straight heavy attack build. 

Edited by KosmicKerman

39 minutes ago, KosmicKerman said:

I’m not sure I follow. I would only use Sac Steel and Amalgam OS in a heavy attack build. That build should also have corrupt charge so I don’t see how Blood Rush wanting drifting contact is much different. I also have doubts about the overall effectiveness of heavy builds. For most content I much rather use a Blood Rush crit build then a heavy attack build because heavy attacks are slow. It also seems that hybrid heavy attack builds (blood rush crit build that replaces the second element with focus energy and organ shatter with the amalgam version) might be better suited to Warframe content than a straight heavy attack build. 

I mean Blood Rush + Drifting Contact deals less damage than Sacrificial Steel + Amalgam Organ Shatter. Though if Blood Rush + Drifting Contact has Organ Shatter then the point is moot.

24 minutes ago, .Unreality said:

I mean Blood Rush + Drifting Contact deals less damage than Sacrificial Steel + Amalgam Organ Shatter. Though if Blood Rush + Drifting Contact has Organ Shatter then the point is moot.

The standard crit build is PPP, P. Reach, Blood Rush, Organ Shatter, Berserker, P. Fever strike, second element. The eighth slot is a flex slot but you usually use drifting contact. Primed fury  can be used instead of Berserker.