Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Change To Mag's Crush.

Boboknight11

Hello everybody.

I have played Warframe for a while and my first Warframe and my starting Warframe is Mag. I now have Mag prime so you can tell I have played Mag a lot and I like Mag.

I have been playing Mag before her latest pull update in 9.8 that made her pull more of a damage ability then anything else, I think with the 300 armor ignoring damage for 25 energy that Mag's pull dose now there seem to be no reason to use crush's 1000 non-armor ignoring damage for 100 energy anymore (pull dose 12 armor ignoring damage per energy point and crush dose 10 non-armor ignoring damage per energy point), infact I have removed crush in my Mag's mods because I seen no use for it after update 9.8.

I think crush should be replaced by a utility power to make up for changing pull from utility to a damage power.

My idea for a new ultimate for Mag is to have her ultimate magnetize the feet of enemys stunning them for a short time and holding them in place and doing minor damage to all effected targets (just enough to kill mid level osprey). To separate this from Vauban's bastille the power would not effect enemys that come within it's range after being cast (it magnetizes the target's feet, not the floor) making this a more power full at the moment power rather then a weaker defense power like bastille. 

The stats could be

Stun time = 4 second at all levels

Immobilization time = 8/12/16/22

Range = 10/14/16/24

I could see this being great for using melee on enemys or just keeping them still to make them easy to shoot.

Dose anyone like this idea or do you think some changes would make this new power better or do you like crush as it is?

Edited by Bobobknight11

I do not think DE will do anything with Mag's Crush until after the damage tables are redone.  In essence that is how they are fixing it.   The same thing that makes Crush do so little damage (high armor) is also affecting most weapons in the game.  I also do not think that Pull will continue to do the damage it does right now.

The range of her Crush skill is unbelievably small. I find it very difficult to utilize it effectively.

It is 18 meters, making it one of the larger AOE's in the game, larger than Sayrn and Ember's AOE.  AFAIK Volt and Rhino are the only ones who beat her.

melee is useless.

crush as it now is a decent cc.

Pull and Polarize, each has better CC, damage and utility than Crush.

Crush is just a lazy, badly thought-of  4.  The suggestion from the OP makes sense and is thematically fitting, since giving mag a 4 worth using for damage over 1 and 2 would need to have ridiculous dps or spike damage.

Edited by tomhrio

Pull is only reliable CC for Mag true Range, effect and energy cost.

Shield Polarize is useless against infested for example.

Crush is indeed situational power, it also suffers a lot from armor. However in my opinion effect of crush and after effect is decent, especially for 360* 30+ metres power.

and again, there is no reason to suggest anything about changes for powers or weapons, because new damage system can change everything.

melee is useless.

crush as it now is a decent cc.

I know what you you are saying but I don't think melee is useless, infact I think it's vary use full because if you know how and when to use it you can kill up to 5 enemys in one swing using no ammo.

Also I think if used right pull is a much better cc then crush is because you can cc more enemys for longer and to more damage for the same amount of energy then crush.

So off topic.

Edit: I don't know if you know this but off topic posts can be deleted.

Topic about mag. Topic stating pull multiple times.

Comment about Mag + Pull is quite on topic, idiot.

Sure glad I don't go through life as uptight as you. I'd have had a stroke by now.

Edited by Xaaz

It is 18 meters, making it one of the larger AOE's in the game, larger than Sayrn and Ember's AOE.  AFAIK Volt and Rhino are the only ones who beat her.

I find that very hard to believe, considering that Crush seems to only effect those in the immediate area around her.

I made a huge mistake. I actually looked it up on the Warframe wiki, and it turns out that you're right. It's area of effect is eighteen meters, if Crush is maxed. Personally, Mag doesn't fit my play style whatsoever, so I don't use her often. I'm only have her to say I have her, and I'm only using her for Mastery. Truth be told, after I max her, she'll probably just sit in my inventory and collect dust. I can't really think of anything where she would become an ideal member of a team.

Edited by zachles

May crush idea is to hold the enemys in place but still allow the enemys to shoot and attack you but they can't move from there position. My idea is NOT to make it so enemys can do nothing and just sit there for the slaughter.

So it is a worse version of Bastille then?

So it is a worse version of Bastille then?

I'm sorry if I did not say it clearly but no I don't think it's a worse version of bastille because it has no target limit, a longer range, and the effect lasts longer then bastille's. The only thing worse about it is that when the power is cast enemys that come in range of the power will not be effected witch I think is a good and fair trade.

I think that this would make the power more of a at the moment then a sort of defense.

I am going to add this to my original post.