Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rework Mag?

Shady_Tenno

Any plans on reworking Mag? I got mag prime recently and i tried many builds on her, both in the simulacrum and in missions and i was a little dissapointed. I love the theme of her abilities and her 2 is awesome for damage, but it's not fun when a breeze of air can kill you...I find the same problem with some other frames that focus mostly on cc like Vauban. Maybe rework her 3 to give her damage reduction and extra shields and add an augment that gives extra max shields or some damage reduction to her allies. Make her 4 restore shields and give some armor stripping, without having to equip the augment to make it worth using. Also, increase her base shields( in order to make the abilities that give shields work) and i would like to see a change to her 1 too. But i don't know, i'm not playing Mag for years, so i would like to hear more opinions on that. What do you think?

Honestly, Mag is in a fairly good spot IMO. She keeps out of spotlight, but she's pretty good. She's squishy yes, but if played well you usually don't take any damage at all. Also, Quick Thinking can help for that random stray shot.

I wouldn't mind some shield gating on her though. Could be built into her 4.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, mrhapps said:

Image result for meat grinder gif

mags future rework/s

Someone watched Shy's latest video.

Seriously, though, I took my Mag into solo Arbitration Survival and survived for 30-40 minutes just fine. I don't think she needs a big rework. Maybe a small buff, but that's it.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 7

36 minutes ago, TheButcher2 said:

Any plans on reworking Mag? I got mag prime recently and i tried many builds on her, both in the simulacrum and in missions and i was a little dissapointed. I love the theme of her abilities and her 2 is awesome for damage, but it's not fun when a breeze of air can kill you...I find the same problem with some other frames that focus mostly on cc like Vauban. Maybe rework her 3 to give her damage reduction and extra shields and add an augment that gives extra max shields or some damage reduction to her allies. Make her 4 restore shields and give some armor stripping, without having to equip the augment to make it worth using. Also, increase her base shields( in order to make the abilities that give shields work) and i would like to see a change to her 1 too. But i don't know, i'm not playing Mag for years, so i would like to hear more opinions on that. What do you think?

In the main profile it's labeled as a "support frame", same for banshee and many other obsolete frames. There is no reason to use a support frame when a "genius" released a frame with immortality and giving you speed, health for practically no energy cost.

11 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Someone watched Shy's latest video.

Seriously, though, I took my Mag into solo Arbitration Survival and survived for 30-40 minutes just fine. I don't think she needs a big rework. Maybe a small buff, but that's it.

very true, i figure this post was also posted today because of shys video so i gave a shy response to the request XD I think a buff to shields would buff mag coincidentally on her survival, and her powers seem fine to me. 

1 hour ago, TheButcher2 said:

Just a few months ago I finally understood the power of Quick Thinking and Prime Flow. Its truly meant for fragile frames. It can make them as tankies and any tank frame as long as you have a way of giving yourself energy. I just ran an arbitration into wave 40 before with Mag, never downed once with these two mods.

With her being so weak against damage. It would be nice if power strength increased the damage reduction when inside the bubble instead of the flat 25%. Like most frame allow up to 90% reduction inside bubble. The other thing is... yeah I dont touch her ability 4 at all. lol Also her 1 is soso because it only staggers them onto the ground towards Mag now but really doesn't pull them into her for melee range. I think it would be awesome if like back then your pull actually pulled them right into you. Think about the power of casting 3 to reduce armor and shield, then 1 pull them into you, then 2 to create bubble and with a strong primary or secondary. If you keep the bubble up with duration, press 1 and they  enemies come flying into the bubble and you can finish them off close range. I remember they were talking about giving Mag the power in the new opening trailer. That would be an awesome 4, if it doesn't nuke the entire room.

Also, not sure if you know this but punch through on primary and secondary are great on the bubble because they keep flying inside the bubble, till the duration ends. Id recommend Lanka because it has an innate 5meter punch through so you dont need any mods. Try doing a High Crit/ Crit Damage/ Corrosive/ heat build. One shot and in it will kill 8 level 165 corrupted heavy gunners in a blink of an eye. Im not sure how the damage fall off works but if your weapon does little damage it will continue to damage but maybe single digits. lol Back then the Mara Detron was awesome, now the damage falls off quick.

• Like 1

Well other than some touch up on the passive,and maybe addind some defensive abilities via augment(the one power to stop bullets,as shown in that vid opening) i dnt thnk mag is near anywhere in requirement of anythng. Its a great frame... Nuke upto lvl 80ish,after that,cc/damage/support. With good power strngth and fracturing crush augment you can strip 150 lvl armor in 2 casts,plus ur 3. Also, she is not as squishy as people will tell you. You just need to play with different approach and a good gun.... It is possible to do solo mot for an hr with mag,without great prblm...

So no,i dnt wanna touch her....but yes,some shield gating,and some changes overall to the shield mechanic may be a more welcome approach...

My suggestions were her 1 setting up a point that you can select somewhere, and when you cast it again, gravity pulls the enemies into that spot—more tactical and fish in a barrel than just a random pull field. Could be good for setting traps/ better crowd control. 
her 2 is better now, it just needs some sort of gravitational pull that drags enemies into it for better effect (also CC). Her 3 was always her biggest nerf but I think it’s worked pretty well when modded correctly. Maybe some type of synergy with her other abilities can amplify them. 1,2, & 4 all deal more damage or a longer duration when 3 is casted on top of them. I’m thinking her passive is a little dull too. Maybe her bullet jump temporarily floats enemies in the air also. Casting her 1 (with my idea), can slam enemies to the ground with an AoE effect scaling more damage the further they are from the ground/ walls 

Mag was my first frame, I hope she doesn’t get the playability she deserves lol 

2 hours ago, TheButcher2 said:

What do you think?

I think you need to play her more. Mag is a beast when you know how to play her.
I almost never die with mag on survivals on mot and I'm not very skilled, just know enemy paths, spawn points etc.
Her bubble gives her all the defence she needs and her 3 and 1 are very useful.I rarely use her ultimate(4) because it doesn't scale at all.
In short - play her more, she is a jewel.

1 hour ago, KnossosTNC said:

qft

Mag is one of the best frames witch no one uses, like Octavia.

Edited by vegetosayajin
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

I think you need to play her more. Mag is a beast when you know how to play her.
I almost never die with mag on survivals on mot and I'm not very skilled, just know enemy paths, spawn points etc.
Her bubble gives her all the defence she needs and her 3 and 1 are very useful.I rarely use her ultimate(4) because it doesn't scale at all.
In short - play her more, she is a jewel.

qft

Mag is one of the best frames witch no one uses, like Octavia.

I completely agree as well.... Mag +mag prime takes around 50 prcnt of my 600hrs playtime. And i blve she is one of those hidden gems/wunderkids of Fifa games.... You just need to play differently...specially on how to survive....you need to be more agile ..rely on good guns,and the abilities....restore shields as quickly and often as possible,cc the beefier units and kill them fast....

But yeah,i wouldnt disagree for a new passive though....

1 hour ago, TzXtetriC said:

I do more with mag than hildryn, what are you talking about...

I never managed to one-shot everyone in high risk Index while being nearly invincible and giving everyone around me 1500 shields as mag. I can do it with Hildryn alone, and take only crappy guns to quickly level them up.

4 hours ago, TzXtetriC said:

Why would you want to  remove mgs 3 when it strips armor, gives overshield to everyone with augment and makes everything explode in distance?

AND also disables robotic enemies and jams enemy weapons with the Augment. seriously, it's great.

Grineer: "got you now, Tenno Skoom!"

my Mag: *pop* "aaand your armours gone, your guns don't work, and I just got all my shields back."

Grineer: "w- wha? how?"

my Mag: "because F you, that's how!" *bang*

as far as I'm concerned, mag works pretty damn great now she works against armour. only thing I think needs tweaking is her 1, pull isn't really all that useful IMO. otherwise, she's fine. as for being squishy, that's why I take Operator Arcanes that heal whilst in void mode. surviving with glass cannon frames like Mag and Banshee are a non-issue with the right equipment.

• Like 2