Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Would Like To Have A Mod Trading System In Warframe

Corentis

Dear devs, 

Any possible way of introducing a mod trading feature that would allow lets say 4 mods to be traded between clan mates? I find it would definitely help as there are some mods you upgrade just to upgrade so your not tossing any away and using the transmute to get one random mod that may or may not be worth it isn't neccesarrily reliable.  Maybe along the lines of you can trade up to four mods a day that are common to uncommon and leave rares out of trading as they are harder to come by and when you do earn them it feels good (well for me at least lol).

Remember though my key point was trading the regulars (common, uncommon) more so than actually trading rares...but the key word is also trading.  You give you get.  So basically I was seeking to inspire the idea of "oh you have this mod well i have this mod you were looking for, care to trade?"  

Rares when you earn them do make you feel good.  Like opening a treasure chest and finding gold...lol.  So I do agree with not trading rares as much but it would be a food for thought idea and a nice little feature to add.  

Edit: I forgot to add that I do appreciate my fellow frames commenting and adding their opinion to the idea. :)

Edited by Corentis

I have an idea for trading - a Trading Hall. Like the Dojo, you'd have to get a key for it but once done you could invite people to your trading session. To get the key bp you'd have to be Mastery 4 or over but you can invite any rank.

Still have issues with keys of course meaning invites would be tough but I doubt the gold-sellers will play enough to hit mastery 4.

No. RNG may suck but it's better than everybody getting every non rare mod for free (and there are plenty of people who would give them away, myself included).

You may be one to give them away, however again my point about the trading idea comes down to the basic idea of you give you get. Think of the concept in real world perspective...not game world. You have a game I want, I have the game you want. Well neither of us just want to give our game to one another without compensation, so we trade. The word trading to me has seem to become a convoluted idea to people. The trading system in most games is oh here i have 5000 gold let me give it to you to help you out and I need nothing in return. That idea in this game would be kinda pointless. My thoughts on trading is once again "You have this mod, oh I need that, wait you don't have this mod, well I have no intention of using it so let's swap." Trading mods of equal value. Not giving away your mods just because you have excess mods. Common for common, uncommon for uncommon, and rares are left out.

The reason I bring this idea to perspective is because I have mods for warframes that I have no intention of playing. Well low and behold I now have these mods that I lvl just because I don't want to toss them, however my comrades play those frames and they do need the mods that i have just sitting in my inventory, and vice-versa. And that also pertains to sents, prim, sec...ect.

Edit: Its not so much about the rng, try to keep that in mind as well. Edited by Corentis

Even I you have to trade an uncommon mod for an uncommon there are still uncommons a that are either worthless or drop like commons and who actually needs warframe powers? they take next to nothing to max and come with the warframe. In this hypothetical trading situation I could give every new player a redirection for their ammo drum/fast hands. A trading system between players will be too easily exploited.

they take next to nothing to max and come with the warframe. In this hypothetical trading situation I could give every new player a redirection for their ammo drum/fast hands. A trading system between players will be too easily exploited.

I disagree about them taking next to nothing to max.  I won't assume the game time that has been invested so I shall state it this way for people who have played the game.  If you have invested a lot of time into the game then yes lvling your mods wouldn't take as long, purchasing mods wouldn't take as long for you to lvl mods, however finding the mods is a different story.  

So again example:  I find two of the same mod when Im playing and a buddy of mine finds two of another mod...when we finally get a chance to play together we wind up discussing mods and what we have and they state I have this mod, to which I would respond, "Ah you know thats great Ive been searching for that mod, havent you been looking for this mod." So now both of us have a mod each other need.  We trade.  Then its on our part to lvl that mod.  My concept of this trading is giving to get.  You cant trade lvled mods otherwise yes your completely right about what you stated.

Edit: As I was reading this I also had an extra thought.  If you have the mods you need good, but there are those who are trying to gather them all and lvl them all for their choice in whats useful and what isn't.

Edited by Corentis

Make mod levels untradeable. This way you still have to put the effort into leveling it yourself, anything spent leveling a mod you subsequently trade trade is wasted. Same with BP's, trade like for like. I have too many chassis, you have 3 systems, we trade.

NO platinum in trades. You swap, you can't buy.

I vote

NO!!!

My reason is this, trading will bring the farming websites which always ruins games. Just say "NO".

It only brings the farming sites to town when they can make a profit...Being able to trade a couple mods here and there and restricted to only clan members makes that task a little more tedious.  Have an open mind to the idea.  As I said before also, the fact of trading a max amount of mods per day and trying to gain money on it would be just rediculous.  I thought about the farming aspect, botters, and selling.  So believe me its been well thought about.  If you limit it to four a day (I say four because thats how many you need to transmute so I was just basing it off that number) and with the fact that it still has to be lvled and after its traded you cant recieve any more mods of the same type in a trade then the trade farming websites would be pointless.  

You have ammo drum I have eagle eye, we both have ours maxed and have a spare, we trade just those or maybe two more of something but in order for the trade to be successful you can only recieve something you don't already have.  The next time I try to swap an eagle eye for something I better be trading with another clan member that has something I need and they don't have it.

And how would they go about joining the clans (or are you implying that they would invite people to their clan to sell to them one mod.) and I would actually like to add to the idea now that I remember EirikAura's post from earlier.  

I have an idea for trading - a Trading Hall. 

As he stated that wouldn't be a bad idea to create a trading dojo, however instead of a dojo a room specifically in the dojo, but in order to create it a grandest hall is required.  

How much money could someone honestly make off of it.  First they can't trade rares, second you would have to trade a mod for a mod of equal value, and third you can't already have that mod.  How much would they even sell them for.  a dollar? I mean come on I wouldn't buy a mod for a dollar unless it was an amazing rare one that is really hard to find (.001%) hard to find, and then again you can't trade rares.  

Edit 2:  And also was thinking that includes aura mods.  They are on the class of rares, they need to be earned.

Edited by Corentis

I think you're all over-thinking this. Look at the story so far. DEvs bring something in, some love it, some hate it. Some rage on the forums, some darned near cream on the forums. Then things settle down, we get an idea of what people actually think and the DEvs take action on what the majority think and how that works with their ideas.

Trading will be the same. People will love it, people will hate it, most of us will use it, and if it gets to the point where it impacts the game negatively for a significant number, DE will pull it. Just give it a chance, see what they come up with.

However much I would LOVE this feature, some mods are a pain in the &#! to farm. I'm on the fence here because I like the difficulty in the first few missions of the game where you have no serration and redirection, Helps you learn alot of the mechanics for survival. But at the same time... when you have to kill Vor 50+ times to get one focus, that sucks.

Since DE is on a key-rampage (orokin derelict variations) I would bet that update 11 will have sth. like trading keys, which will be either buybale via platinum or a rare (like in forma, orokin reactor) drop/alert reward. Maybe it will be invite based like a void misssion, and the keys most certainmly will need at least 1 forma and 24 hours to build.

Here is what I see as the main problem for a trading system...

It's a PvE game, you bring in trading and you have taken out 75% of the game, [Finding mods] + [Levelling Mods] if I didn't have to farm to find the mod that would save me days, and in some cases weeks of gameplay. If I had a friend that had an excess of mods/cores and traded for credits, that just saved me more weeks of gameplay.

next thing you know, you have done everything you need to do in a week or so and warframe get boring and old.

Somehow I doubt DE is gonna shoot themselves in the foot.

I think warframe should acquire a trading system so players can trade items such as:

Items (e.g.. morphics or Forma)

Weapons

Warframes

Void Keys

The list will continue as warframe develops but players can use any currency so if I wanted to get Forma for my weapon, I would pay him in Platinum, credits or any item that he wanted and when both agree the transation is complete

Sir Madguy Geoff