Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where is the blood? Where is the oil?

IamLoco

From time to time we see some blood splatters on walls or other obstacles, but that´s rather rare. Even with "gore" enabled in the settings.

But given the fact that weapons with >50% slash damage actually dismember enemies on kill, I would expect A LOT more blood and oil spilling. Not to mention shotguns or even explosives.

I see that warframe is not a splatter game - but not seeing any blood from creatures or oil from robots and machines makes this a rather strange experience.

Immersion is important for any game and it´s little details like these that kill any immersion. It makes the game look very artificial..

Is it technically impossible to implement blood and oil puddles and splatters or is this intentional so the game remains more children friendly? But then we see body parts and dismembered corpses everywhere, anyway.

I would appreciate a "gore +" mode and if you demand an age verification for activating it, I´d agree.

TL/DR: It feels odd to blow enemies to pieces and not get any graphic feedback except occasional splatters.

Edited by IamLoco
  • Like 2

I to really wish there was ALOT more blood and gore in this game.   

The only reason I can think of for them not to have it is because it would be a strain on performance.   If blood and guts and oil has to be splattered everywhere that takes up processing power and memory.

I certainly dont want my game to be even more laggy and unresponsive lol.   

BUT.....  If you have your game set to solo I would imagine that would allow for more spectacular graphics......

I might try that today.... play solo and set my gpu particles to max.   I always play with them OFF while in multiplayer..  

Blood is not new to the game. Bloodshed sigil is a thing too (and it still would be better if it didn't only activate on damage done to you, but also from killing enemies).
Upvoted, an option to splatter more grineer blood (and other factions), and also across the floors and walls would be more than welcome. Of course it probably shouldn't stay forever since it might affect framerate for some people, but it could stay there for some time. Or you could have a toggle for both option on the "more gore menu" in the settings.
I hope that doesn't sound too edgy, but it'd feel more satisfying to kill some enemies with more blood lol. Especially nullifiers or puny grineer units grappling you acting like they are strong and you won't cut them in half the second you get up.

• Like 1

I mean, look at Killing Floor 2
It shouldn't be a performance issue, cause, that game has every single gunshot, every melee attack, every limb flying off and spewing blood everywhere, leaving permanent blood in the environment. I highly doubt that Warframe can't handle making it so enemies aren't made of 100% flesh and cutting them in half leaves ZERO blood splatter on the environment.

Then again, we're talking about the game where, if you decapitate certain enemies, namely Grineer, their heads leave a black void, unlike Corpus who have a proper missing head gore model. Also, sometimes limbs will be cut off, and, stay on the body during the death animation, before suddenly disappearing into THIN AIR
Hell, this has been fixed now, but, before, enemies would stand upright and then do a death animation after being killed by a melee kill animation. They'd be violently slammed into the ground by a claw animation, rotate back to standing up, and then fall over again.

Edited by ThatGuyFromThatPlace32
Emphasis