DarthIronclad

Vector pad replacement idea: Personal Shield

Projects a personal bubble shield around Vauban or/and his allies,absorbing  incoming damage,providing 60% damage reduction for 25 seconds

Range: 5m

Duration: 25s

DR: 75%

Range is affected by ability range

Duration is affected by ability duration

Damage reduction is affected by ability strength,capping at 95%

Does not protect from knockdowns or procs

• Like 2

I totally agree that Vauban needs a survivability skill but basic DR is boring, I'd prefer they improve the already existing DR (armor bonus) from Bastille (make it cap at 1500 like Atlas and Wukong) and stay longer out of Bastille (30 seconds at base duration, like Wisp)

Instead of DR, since what you suggest is a mobile bubble shield like the one from the Nullifier, I'd copy the same features :

- totally block incoming damage, but multiple shots reduce its size until removal (saves you from one hit kill, but rapidly shredded by full auto weapons)

- grows back with time when not taking damage

- prevents status proc, stagger, knockdown, (energy leech ?)

It would make it more "skillful" than plain DR, you wouldn't be able to just stand there in front of a Heavy Gunner (that's not Vauban's role), but it would save you (and allies) from Eximus AoE, Nullifiers one shot Lankas, Bombards, etc...

Edited by Tatann
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

hace 50 minutos, Tatann dijo:

I totally agree that Vauban needs a survivability skill but basic DR is boring, I'd prefer they improve the already existing DR (armor bonus) from Bastille (make it cap at 1500 like Atlas and Wukong) and stay longer out of Bastille (30 seconds at base duration, like Wisp)

Instead of DR, since what you suggest is a mobile bubble shield like the one from the Nullifier, I'd copy the same features :

- totally block incoming damage, but multiple shots reduce its size until removal (saves you from one hit kill, but rapidly shredded by full auto weapons)

It would make it more "skillful" than plain DR, you wouldn't be able to just stand there in front of a Heavy Gunner (that's not Vauban's role), but it would save you (and allies) from Eximus AoE, Nullifiers one shot Lankas, Bombards, etc...

Wow! That would be great and inline with Vauban kit! 😮

Edited by Gaxxian
  • Satisfied 1

Vector Shield - a 4 sided bubble that repels enemies and projectiles while absorbing hitscan attacks. A successful repel causes one side to fade out for 2 seconds before it recharges back. Attaches to players that move to the ball. The shield also rotates to make one side face forward.

5 hours ago, Icarust312 said:

anything is better than vector pad tbh

DE's response : Underground pad

Teleports the player or allies under the ground. Only way to get out is the /unstuck command.

Troll mastery level 30 accomplished

^^

13 hours ago, Tatann said:

That might be a better idea actually,as it betters protects from burst damage,but you still have to make use of proper game sense to deal with consistent damage,like always be on the move.

• Satisfied 1

21 hours ago, Tatann said:

That actually sounds really cool. It would be useful at all levels of play without being a flat damage reduction. You would need to play like mag at high levels and basically take cover whenever something looks at you funny for more than a second.

• Satisfied 1

Just remove the armor buff from his 4 and add it to a station if infinite duration (like wisp) which the player can go to and pick up the armor buff, this then could replace vector pad.

10 hours ago, DarthIronclad said:

That might be a better idea actually,as it betters protects from burst damage,but you still have to make use of proper game sense to deal with consistent damage,like always be on the move.

I'm glad you guys like this idea, and sorry for kinda hijacking your thread.
I've been pushing this Nullifier bubble idea in the official rework thread, hek I've been pushing it since before the rework cause I knew Vauban was gonna fall short on survivability.
The armor buff from Bastille is a step in the right direction but I think its values needs to be buffed.
If only [DE]Pablo and [DE]Scott could share a beer together and find a middle ground between "borderline OP" and "nerf bat FTW", I think we could reach something great for Vauban's aficionados.
Also, I think that all the assets for the Nullifier bubble are already in-game, it might require less coding and design than a brand new ability like Photon Strike, and like some people, I think it really fits Vauban's style (engineer specialized in reinforcement)