Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Redone (A complete overhaul idea)

DaMasque

Some brainstorming on my favorite frame and this is what I thought off. Some references from other frames but hey isn't that what new frames are for? To test new functionalities. Anyway, by all means criticize my thought process. 

About Desecrate: Burn me on a stake but I hate having a single ability dedicated to looting.

Augments: Didn't really think about them since this is my thoughts on a complete overhaul. Maybe Shields of Shadows will still work.

Some terms:
Soul-Separated: look at First Ability
Husk: Second Ability
Expunge: Fourth Ability 

Passive:
Soul stack: Nekros now collects souls of the fallen up to 100 receiving benefits with each soul stack tier reached. 

• At 25, Enemies near Nekros will slowly turn into terrify state.
  • 50, Damage reduction by X%
  • 75, Instead of terrifying, emits a menacing aura that gradually turn enemies into "soul-separated" state.

Dead Governor: Within affinity range, downed allies will automatically rise at the cost of 50 souls. Instead of Nekros reaching down state, take 75 souls to avoid death and auto "Expunge." Cooldown of 90 seconds after an ally has fallen and a separate cooldown for Nekros.

Desecrate: Corpses within 10ms will be desecrated but at a slower rate.

First ability:
Soul Reave: Throws out his hand and stuns enemies in a cone dealing some damage. Stunned enemies will be in "soul-separated" state. In this state, enemies attack and move rate will be decreased. 

• Enemies effected by Soul Reave yield more soul stacks.
  • Using Soul Reave on "Husk" will use up soul stacks to convert them into thralls.
  • Thralls can be killed by allies therefore refunding the souls.  
  • Up to 10 thralls can up on a time. In the case of shadows, then 7 shadows and 3 thralls.

Second ability:
Soul Shatter: All enemies in range of Nekros that are in "soul-separate" state have their souls temperately destroyed leaving the body turned into a "husk."

• Will not gain souls upon killing "husks."
  • After some time, the soul will regenerate. The enemy will awaken but will have reduced damage, accuracy, takes more damage from all sources and slowed. 
  • Holding down Soul Shatter will destroy shadows and turn them into wraiths.

Third ability:
Shadows of the dead: Summons 7 tenno specters in forms of shadows with randomized weapons ranging from rifles and shotguns. Will melee in close range. Uses energy instead of souls.

• Shadows will have a larger threat detection and will be prioritized by enemies.
  • Shadows will decay overtime.
  • Shadows can be healed by press 4 again and resummoned to your side.
  • If using Soul Reave on a "husk," instead of soul stacks, a shadow will possess the body.
  1. The shadow possessing a husk will now be more erratic and dealing 500% more damage.
  2. The shadow will not decay when in a husk.
  3. The shadow will be immune to friendly fire.
  4. Husk will also have a higher threat detection.
  5. The husk will take damage if the shadow is resummoned or destroyed by Soul Shatter.
  6. If the possessed husk dies, the shadow will emerge into a wraith.
  • Shadows can be commanded, attacking a single target or act freely.

Fourth ability:
Expunge: Using half of Nekros' soul stack to release a wave of wraiths. Number of wraiths is dependent on how much souls Nekros used in that initial half and Power strength.  

• Wraiths will home in on nearby targets constantly damaging them hoping from one to another if enemies die.
  • Wraiths will send enemies into a stun state and will take more damage from all sources.
  • Enemies in "soul-separated" will take double damage, killed will lead into a normal death.
  • Husks will be possessed and explode, after explosion, the Husk will awaken receiving its debuffs and be in "soul-separated" state.
  • Wraiths life duration will expire like shadows.
  • If Dead Governor is triggered, Nekros will be immune to damage upon casting Expunge. Being shot at will also ramp up the damage of wraiths.
Edited by DaMasque
  • Like 3

Passive is useless now - I can agree on that, we already have some health orbs drops, so any change is welcome here.

I don't want dessecrate to be removed too. May be drain hp by default and have a new augment.

Shadows of the dead - this ability is kind of annoying, especially if you are not a Nekros and energy colour picked is not something very bright and hard to see if those are summons or enemies. (They suck anyway)

Terrify - I'd switch slow to a default ability and armor stripping to an augment (and bigger base percentage)

Soul Punch - throw it away. (Link to my proposal)

P.S:"seems like people talk a lot about Nekros lately, good".

Edited by Scar.brother.help.me

No. Just come to terms that nekros isnt made for you.
His 1 is solid (even if its damage doesnt scale), his 2 while annoying to the team (now that the augment doesnt do anything for you) does its job, his 3 is almost perfect, his 4s flaw is lack of customization of enemy priority and ai type selection, not anything inherent to its core function.

And as far as his passive, it just needs to be turned from win more to lifesteal or hp on hit.

On 2019-12-05 at 9:25 AM, Andele3025 said:

No. Just come to terms that nekros isnt made for you.
His 1 is solid (even if its damage doesnt scale), his 2 while annoying to the team (now that the augment doesnt do anything for you) does its job, his 3 is almost perfect, his 4s flaw is lack of customization of enemy priority and ai type selection, not anything inherent to its core function.

And as far as his passive, it just needs to be turned from win more to lifesteal or hp on hit.

In what situation his 1 is solid? When do you ever need to use it?

46 minutes ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

In what situation his 1 is solid? When do you ever need to use it?

Its solid 100% of the time, its great every time you are in melee and a flying enemy exists you dont want to bother bullet jump fiddling and is out of slam-knockdown height (which DE keeps increasingly implementing), whenever you want to cc or yeet a heavy, filler during reloads, etc... essentially every case a volt 1 is useful only with the "quick pbaoe" part exchanged for "double the range and choice of if you want a knockdown or massive ragdoll/do a out of bounds kill" (thus being worse when surrounded because thats covered by terrify, but can scale better in a offensive way because of how despawn mechanics work).
And you dont have to ever use it (much like the vast majority of abilities of all frames), but in most situations in which you can use it, it will be of some benefit unless you do something derpy (again, like the vast majority of abilities). Thats the beauty of a well made non-broken universal power. Of the stuff it can do the only lacking aspect is the damage.

What is a actual issue with it is that nowhere in game is it explained how the cc part of it works (ragdoll vs knockdown depends on interaction of the soul with the environment, if the enemy is angled so that the soul will quickly impact something such as nekros being above the enemy or the enemy right up a wall, the enemy will be sent into the stratosphere/thrown around the hallway; if you are running towards the enemy and nekros arm/lower ribs are at the same or slightly lower elevation than their center of mass, the enemy will suffer a knockdown and depending on angle possibly a slight/5-8m knockback), thus people use it a few times, discount any use due to testing being work instead of fun and having no info on it and then ignore it.