Jump to content
[DE]Helen

Get Ember with Twitch Prime!

Recommended Posts

Thank you DE for not continuing to tank the market on random vaulted Primes for the sake of a promotion. The Filigree orbiter decoration looks nice, also.

Just thought I'd throw in some positive feedback in contrast to all the whining from 10 year olds without credit cards and innawoods who think they're gonna stick it to Jeff Bezos.

  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GrofZelen said:

The local grocery store demanding payment from me for goods and services rendered through the medium of my credit card is absolutely unfair and an insult to all consumers everywhere.... Jeez @Kouden... grow up mate, it's a free game... if you want extra stuff in life, there is a very good chance that it will require some effort on your part. 

 

id get twitch / amazon prime if i had a credit card. but since debit cards dont work for such transactions / subs here in Norway i cant. So... any more smartypants calls you wanna add to this?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I claimed the reward with my twitched prime account that is connected to my Warframe ps4 account and when I logged into Warframe I did not get anything. 
 

tried unlinking and relinking my twitch/Warframe accounts and I still have not received ember, slot, or prime orbiter decor.

Edited by (PS4)GuffyNuggets92
  • Woah 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cubewano said:

sketchy in-game message for the twitch prime, doesn't really list anything about the actual deal just lists stuff that can be obtained and click to redeem, which actually makes it sound free (doesn't really mention anywhere this is a sale more or less on a subscription service) which just seems a bit scam/spam mail. 

but neat otherwise. 

It's a free bonus if you already have Twitch Prime.  Sort of like how you can't claim a free bonus from World of Warcraft unless you actually, you know, *play* World of Warcraft.  It's "free" in the sense that you don't need to make any additional purchase.  If the basic features of Twitch Prime aren't attractive to you, then buying a month of subscription just for the Warframe promo is probably a bad deal.  Which is sort of the position I'm in with most of the streaming video services now.  I'd *like* to see Star Trek Picard, but I'm not going to subscribe to CBS's streaming service to literally watch just one show.  Or to Disney+ just to watch a handful of Star Wars and Marvel shows.  Those shows are "free with the subscription," but I'd be paying for the subscription just for them, so it's not a good deal for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That dirty scam is still the same thing? Not a single word about it being a pay to get service is not free as the mensage says?

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not even ember prime? just regular old ember that can be easily farmed by anyone?

....well a free* warframe slot is a free warframe slot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same boat as the others. Claimed, no ember. unlinked and linked, same. Twitch says it's claimed, but nothing in game.

 

Edit: As I wrote this post, re-entered the game and a pop-up message tells me the rewards have been processed and in inventory. It's all good now.

Edited by Kantinero
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Emperrier said:

Thank you DE for not continuing to tank the market on random vaulted Primes for the sake of a promotion. The Filigree orbiter decoration looks nice, also.

Just thought I'd throw in some positive feedback in contrast to all the whining from 10 year olds without credit cards and innawoods who think they're gonna stick it to Jeff Bezos.

The lack of console tag here smacks of elitism, don’t be that guy (unless u are this individual)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a common issue so I'll confirm that un-linking and re-linking my twitch/warframe accounts fixed the issue of "claimed but not delivered".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here, linked my Twitch Prime Account to Warframe again and got the message, that the loot was already claimed. But I didnt receive a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Twitch Prime exclusives are a huge kick in the face for all players.

If I want to pay for this game, I'll pay DE, I won't pay Amazon. I hate y'all.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, magnakoji said:

On twitch it's listed as being Dec 4- Jan 14, so there's your time frame.

So unlike the previous twitch prime deal it wont be having the main package the whole time with mini bonuses interspursed throughout (Which was also worse than the twitch prime deal before that for people using the free trials), Forcing you to shell out money if you want the "free" exclusive stuff. Cool.

Love seeing them continue to go through this downward spiral of profit and numbers over good will and player relations with the rest of the gaming industry that they were such a beacon against not 2 years ago.

Yes they're still not as bad as others. But I can see them going downhill rapidly with every new thing they do and I find that concerning.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

So unlike the previous twitch prime deal it wont be having the main package the whole time with mini bonuses interspursed throughout (Which was also worse than the twitch prime deal before that for people using the free trials), Forcing you to shell out money if you want the "free" exclusive stuff. Cool.

Love seeing them continue to go through this downward spiral of profit and numbers over good will and player relations with the rest of the gaming industry that they were such a beacon against not 2 years ago.

Yes they're still not as bad as others. But I can see them going downhill rapidly with every new thing they do and I find that concerning.

I understand a lot of the community is unhappy about these things, and they are justified in their outcries. I think this is more of an incentive for us to use these other sources, sort of a "Hey you could use this great service AND get some stuff in our game". It's "free", not free.

Though I will say this is better than Discord Nitro which had next to no attention and only a couple Warframe benefits, and then was never discussed again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, magnakoji said:

I understand a lot of the community is unhappy about these things, and they are justified in their outcries. I think this is more of an incentive for us to use these other sources, sort of a "Hey you could use this great service AND get some stuff in our game". It's "free", not free.

Though I will say this is better than Discord Nitro which had next to no attention and only a couple Warframe benefits, and then was never discussed again.

the worst problem is that many players wont be able to get the pwime loot bcs the country they live in doesnt even have Amazon Prime. Instead they only have Prime Video, wich causes them to miss out on the goods completely no matter what they try. Even VPN cant be used as a work around in this matter. So... DE should just get rid of the whole Twitch / Amazon Prime loot stuff for good and instead make it able for purchase directly. This would solve all issues regarding this matter once and for all and everybody would be happy with that

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for the free Warframe slot!

 

I don´t quite understand the message from twitch saying the package will come in little steps. It looks like we get additional stuff at some later point.

 

I was literally stunned when I received the last twitch P package, containing a Syndana, a Prime Syndana and Trinity Prime.

This time, it´s really just a warframe slot, as probably everyone already has normal Ember.

 

Still, thanks for that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know, as far as I know, I only have "Amazon Prime Video" in Finland and it is accepted for Twitch Prime. I bought the Amazon part from the prime video site (https://www.primevideo.com/) and after that I was able to connect it to Twitch and Twitch prime worked fine. 

Not sure if if I just got lucky or what gives. 

But yeah, my sons would like to have the filigree as well, and we really would not like to get three different amazon prime videos in the family. Of course, one can take the free month now, or pay for one month, but still ><. It would be nice to have some options in-game as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, magnakoji said:

I understand a lot of the community is unhappy about these things, and they are justified in their outcries. I think this is more of an incentive for us to use these other sources, sort of a "Hey you could use this great service AND get some stuff in our game". It's "free", not free.

Though I will say this is better than Discord Nitro which had next to no attention and only a couple Warframe benefits, and then was never discussed again.

I can see why the dicord nitro deals aren't really talked about tho. Discord nitro has less benefits overall than having amazon prime does. Not a lot of people want a paid subscription for some bells and whistles to a chat srvice, but amazon prime offers a lot. and a lot of players get a twitch account anyways for the free stream drops. so if they already had amazon prime and a twitch account its not too much trouble to connect them up and get the benefits

Much less players probably use discord, and very few of them probably have discord nitro for the small amount you get out of it. Plus DE wasn't really advertising it much ether. They go all out with twitch promotions, but didn't really put much effort into informing players of the nitro thing. Really everything was setup against it.

I feel the sort of rewards nitro gave are what DE should be doing with twitch tho. Big ticket items you can buy in game with platinum normally but will set you back quite a bit. Deluxe skins, armor sets, maybe things that are normally exclusive to some pack consisting mostly of stuff you can earn. like baruk's orbiter decoration, gara's sigil before it was added to the profit taker's reward pool, recently the litch armors. maybe some non exclusive color palates. The prime extractors even. Tennogen would be great tho that might be asking a bit much, but it would feel a lot more fair (and give ftp players some chance of obtaining them). The exclusivity of the items is really what makes the twitch deals feel so predatory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Kouden said:

the worst problem is that many players wont be able to get the pwime loot bcs the country they live in doesnt even have Amazon Prime. Instead they only have Prime Video, wich causes them to miss out on the goods completely no matter what they try. Even VPN cant be used as a work around in this matter. So... DE should just get rid of the whole Twitch / Amazon Prime loot stuff for good and instead make it able for purchase directly. This would solve all issues regarding this matter once and for all and everybody would be happy with that

Yeah I get that, though some people have said they managed to get the loot even without it in their country.

Personally I'd be unhappy about that proposal, but on a grander scale I understand it benefits more of the community. I am already paying for Amazon Prime and have Twitch Prime, so anything they give out is an added bonus for me. I watch the streams on Twitch every week for info, drops, and even just some laughs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

I can see why the dicord nitro deals aren't really talked about tho. Discord nitro has less benefits overall than having amazon prime does. Not a lot of people want a paid subscription for some bells and whistles to a chat srvice, but amazon prime offers a lot. and a lot of players get a twitch account anyways for the free stream drops. so if they already had amazon prime and a twitch account its not too much trouble to connect them up and get the benefits

Much less players probably use discord, and very few of them probably have discord nitro for the small amount you get out of it. Plus DE wasn't really advertising it much ether. They go all out with twitch promotions, but didn't really put much effort into informing players of the nitro thing. Really everything was setup against it.

I feel the sort of rewards nitro gave are what DE should be doing with twitch tho. Big ticket items you can buy in game with platinum normally but will set you back quite a bit. Deluxe skins, armor sets, maybe things that are normally exclusive to some pack consisting mostly of stuff you can earn. like baruk's orbiter decoration, gara's sigil before it was added to the profit taker's reward pool, recently the litch armors. maybe some non exclusive color palates. The prime extractors even. Tennogen would be great tho that might be asking a bit much, but it would feel a lot more fair (and give ftp players some chance of obtaining them). The exclusivity of the items is really what makes the twitch deals feel so predatory.

Discord Nitro sort of went in a bad way, it seems like it was dropped with no warning or notice to the community, after being more or less promised regular benefits from having it. I use discord for other things but certainly wouldn't think of paying for Nitro. I'm happier having Amazon Prime and benefits like this, little extras.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Leyvonne said:

Twitch Prime isn't available in my country, but I had no problem claiming this or any other goodies.

Wait, how?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...