Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Get Ember with Twitch Prime!

[DE]Helen

I have 3 Warframe accounts, with 3 Twitch accounts and, to be honest, 3 Prime accounts. I know they all work because I get the Twitch drops from reg Twitch and dev streams. So they are linked properly. I tried to claim the Ember, and only the first account worked. All 3 accounts say it has been claimed, but only one actually got it. Granted, all accounts already have Ember unlocked and maxed, but that's not the point. Am I going to have the same problem with the upcoming drops?

On 2019-12-04 at 1:00 PM, (XB1)S2 Marcus374 said:

I’ve redeemed my gift of this pack and twitch prime says I have it claimed, but it hasn’t showed up yet in my game. I’ve already reloaded my game 4 times.

Yeah Same, I've been att his for over 2 days trying to get it, waiting and nothing.

On 2019-12-04 at 1:46 PM, LSG501 said:

Yeah as above, the message was incredibly misleading because it made out that we'd got free stuff when in fact we need to sign up for twitch prime which is not free (unless you luck into a free trial which is harder with amazon cracking down on this)... and at least in the UK there are laws over misleading people with adverts. 

We had the exact same type of misleading message the last time you did a twitch prime message in game and we complained about it then too... nice to see DE are taking notice as usual....

Many free things are free WITH a certain other purchase. I personally have never had an in game item in warframe specifically that was just handed to me if I didn't have twitch prime. I understand feeling mislead, but it seems a little odd to expect a free thing and then be upset when you don't get it fully for free because you've lost nothing gained nothing, you're exactly where you were before you attempted to claim the item. You all have a right to be annoyed about feeling mislead, but expecting them to do something about your confusion, in this particular circumstance is ill-founded.

1 hour ago, CRB0628 said:

Many free things are free WITH a certain other purchase. I personally have never had an in game item in warframe specifically that was just handed to me if I didn't have twitch prime. I understand feeling mislead, but it seems a little odd to expect a free thing and then be upset when you don't get it fully for free because you've lost nothing gained nothing, you're exactly where you were before you attempted to claim the item. You all have a right to be annoyed about feeling mislead, but expecting them to do something about your confusion, in this particular circumstance is ill-founded.

Really you're going to try defending DE on your very first post.... I know DE has white knights but seriously starting an account just to try and defend them over this sort of underhanded tactic is just stupidity. 

The in game message was incredibly misleading, it's not the first time either, because they also did the exact same type of misleading message in game the first time they advertised twitch prime and we raised the issue then too.  Hell it didn't even mention twitch in the message in game and came across as though Darvo was the one offering free stuff.... 

The fact that I'm not alone in raising concern over the misleadng nature of the message says more than you trying to make out it's 'me' who has the issue...

Now if the in game message had stated it was twitch prime and you get free stuff if you sign up for a free trial that then needs monthly payments then there wouldn't be an issue, but that is not what they sent out to everyone in game. 

I'm not the one confused either, hell the free stuff doesn't bother me either way (I currently have amazon prime so get it either way) but the fact that DE are using misleading tactics to get people to click on a link that goes to twitch prime needs to be raised considering the spread of ages of players in the game. 

@[DE]Helen I claimed this reward but have not received it in game. My accounts are linked,  I've tried unlinking and relinking several times, twitch says I've claimed it but it hasn't come through.. I know I'm connected correctly because today I got the twitch prime starter pack and received it without a problem but I still have yet to received my ember or filigree prime. 😕

On 2019-12-13 at 2:31 AM, Jakizu said:

I have gone through the entire process and claimed it numberous times not only straight through my in-game inbox but also on my computer and phone and still have not received anything at all.

Received the twitch prime starter pack but still havent gotten ember and the filigree decor even though it says claimed on my account.

Honestly this same exact thing happened to my friend (on whose behalf I'm posting this since she's a new player and doesn't really know her way around the forums yet) - linked accounts, claimed twitch bundle... annoying message with instructions on re-linking accounts, even when screenshots of the appropriately linked account are included in the trouble ticket along with a note that she's already re-linked the account multiple times.
Now, I get it... with Empyrean releasing as an absolute bug hive, the heroes who are staying in support over the holidays are swamped with tickets regarding absolutely game-breaking issues that demand attention, and missing out on a free non-primed Ember ain't exactly top priority, especially since Ruk goes down like an absolute chump once you know the fight.

But the problem isn't missing ember... the problem is that Twitch Prime is a paid service. One of the features of that service, is free WF drops. When people don't get their drops, that means that a portion of a service they paid for is not being rendered to them - and for some Tenno, these drops are the whole reason they have Twitch Prime subscriptions in the first place. It's the principal of the thing, y'know? When you pay for a thing, you should get the thing; even when it's completely trivial. Twitch tenno are paying for drops, and even though they're paying Twitch, and not DE, Twitch is holding up their end of that deal - they're going 'oh, you want to claim this reward? Okay, account info sent to the developers, expect it soon', and at that point they can no longer control whether or not their customers receive the service that they paid for - at that point, it's in your hands.

Personally, I don't understand the policy of not manually adding prime bundle items to users who complain about it. I definitely understand not manually processing drops, like the Glaxion Vandal - those are supposed to be rewards for tenno that actually sit and watch the relevant content, and it's very difficult (if not impossible) to determine which of the people saying they didn't get the drop had actually been watching for it correctly.
Twitch bundles are another matter, though - the time gating aspect of watching a specific stream just simply isn't there, and it's relatively easy to find out whether someone's claim is correct or not. Every time a report like this comes in, add the linked twitch account name to a list. Every few days, email your Twitch liason with the list asking 'have these accounts claimed this reward?', and then the names that come back confirmed, just pick a single item from the drop (for example, the liset decoration from this one), and put that item and those names into a quick script to check if the item has been added to those accounts within the relevant time period, and for those that return false, forcibly add the items to the account. Once you have the script written - especially if it has popout prompts for the account name list, reference itemID, and date range - it would be the work of 10 minutes every 3-4 days to just completely eliminate this problem now and for the forseeable future as well.

Archived