Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What would happen if railjack/empyrean fails?

(PSN)ChaosTheNerd

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

This and Warframe will likely not last 2020, give or take, due to the new games coming up and getting better content, etc.

DOOM, Cyberpunk, D2, etc

you are assuming that we get rail jack before 2020

also like will all new content we need to give them at least 3 months to finish the tuning

Nothing will happen. And old blood was not a failed update, it was just aimed at endgame players while providing almost nothing to average players, + didn't have much hype, hence no big uptick in numbers.

I mean on the forums, yeah, a few bored people will be going around spreading doom and gloom for attention, but the actual fanbase won't care that much, most DE updates come out rough anyway. Just the fact that Empyrean (aka space battles) shipped will bring quite a few people to the game if marketed right... Since you know, ship battles and stuff.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

I have, been here pretty much since the beginning. In fact, i've seen worse. I've seen updates where more than a few people have been ballsy enough to threaten devs and be scarily vocal on the forums about an update. 

Can you give any examples ?(from the recent years at least) Because I honestly don't remember any update bringing such outrage from the community. It was one of those rare instances where people actually agreed on many aspects of an update(mostly negative).

Btw I'm not talking about "god damn you nerfed my rivens" type of complaints. They are very subjective.

Not saying these updates aren't important, but once again, the forums represents a tiny portion of the vocal community, and TOB is FAR from being the most poorly received update on the forums. In fact, I haven't particularly noticed a whole lot more people upset with TOB then  with any other update. 

Then you probably haven't visited alot in the first 2 weeks of the update. Because it was full of it, and eventhough not everyone shared the exact same view, I don't recall a single thread where people didn't agree on the fact that the update needed alot of tweaking. 

People that are happy or indifferent, tend to not say anything at all, thus often creating the illusion that everyone is mad.

That is not entirely true. Because happy people do partake in the debates even if they don't start one. And If they aren't partaking in anything, it might be that they just don't care enough, and that means they aren't validated to be able to make a comment on the subject in the first place. 

Talking solely about the forum community(regardless of what % of the playerbase it is), a significant portion of it didn't recieve old blood well.

And seeing after 2 weeks of the update, that the lich nodes were mostly empty or half empty, it is pretty clear that it wasn't very well recieved within the playerbase as well. 

I think DE can release some numbers here to shed light on the subject. I wonder what % of the playerbase killed more than 1 lich and what % killed more than 10. 

12 minutes ago, Cloudyvisage said:

Really? PoE didn't have as much outrage? People were so mad in the forums cuz of all the bugs and being unable to access the content. People absolutely whine about every single update, you get people like Brozime on Youtube constantly saying how DE has fudged it all up plus the forums have never changed. I loved Orb Vallis on release, incredibly dangerous, enemies were lethal, teleport drops, it felt like you invaded a military base and they were gonna mess you upwith everything they had, absolutely loved it, yet everyone else thought it was absolutely horrible.

If Empyrean bombs then they'll do what they usually do, patch it up into a usable state resolving most of the issues people complained about over the next year or so and then move on while occasionally glancing back and performing a tweak here and there.

Apples and oranges.

The outrage about old blood has nothing to do with technical issues(or maybe very little of it), it is mostly  about it's "content" and tedious gameplay mechanics.

Edited by White_Matter
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

you are assuming that we get rail jack before 2020

also like will all new content we need to give them at least 3 months to finish the tuning

No worry, this is just a thread to have fun in

I'm fully aware the 2019 date shown on the atcutal trailer is fake 

1 hour ago, IIDMOII said:

It all hinges on ship combat and control being well done and the type of content they include. If it's just going to be exterminate .... but in space. Then it's a fail. If they bring something new for once, then it could be good. For example if its just cheesy on rails type missions, it's gonna get old fast.

It will have Archwing ore mining and mynock conservation too. 🙂

1 hour ago, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

There should an underground Warframe forum for only the true elites and fans, like the club that you only get into if you are invited. The wink wink club. 

What if I told you that there are several? 😛

1 minute ago, White_Matter said:

Can you give any examples ?(from the recent years at least) Because I honestly don't remember any update bringing such outrage from the community. It was one of those rare instances where people actually agreed on many aspects of an update(mostly negative).

Recent years not so much because I took a huge step away from the forums, specifically because I was tired of all the mellodrama. As someone else mentioned, POE had wayyyyy more backlash then TOB. There was also the initial phases of melee 2.0 which was hotly debated and parkour 2.0 to name a few. Heck, theres been bigger backlash to frame and weapon nerfs then with most updates, let alone the TOB (looking at you tonkor)

6 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Then you probably haven't visited alot in the first 2 weeks of the update. Because it was full of it, and eventhough not everyone shared the exact same view, I don't recall a single thread where people didn't agree on the fact that the update needed alot of tweaking. 

Thats the thing, this Isn't unusual by any means. some updates blow up on the forums more then other sure, but the backlash with TOB isn't even remotely close to being unusual. Trust me, this is some weenie hut jr levels of salt when looking at WFs update history. 

10 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

That is not entirely true. Because happy people do partake in the debates even if they don't start one. And If they aren't partaking in anything, it might be that they just don't care enough, and that means they aren't validated to be able to make a comment on the subject in the first place. 

Which is why i said "tend to not say anything at all". There are exceptions of course. I wouldn't write off people that are indifferent or more measured in their opinions, they tend to be better for legitimate feedback as they're not just screaming into the void and getting overly emotional. Some people also often don't say anything because they have nothing to say that hasn't already been said. there are a lot of lurkers here after all.

In anycase, TOB isn't even close to killing WF. If WFs history has taught me anything, this will be forgotten early next year and everyone will go back to complaining about whatever the current flavor of the month is.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

No worry, this is just a thread to have fun in

I'm fully aware the 2019 date shown on the atcutal trailer is fake 

Rising Tides came out 2 weeks ago, Friday. And they said that the 3 parts would each be about 2 weeks apart. With a DevStream this Friday that is already said to be all about Empyrean, it honestly looks they could easily keep to their word.

53 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Saying that WF is on the ropes is a bit going too far obviously, but I do think the incoming 2 big updates(raijack and new war) will have a significant impact on how many people will play the game for the next year or so(maybe till next tennocon). 

Agree. The thing about both of those updates though is that both of them require a ton of prerequisite grinds. Especially operator, which is years old already.

Unless they rethink catchup mechanics, neither update will attract new players and will likely chase off returning ones.

Operators, amps, arcanes and any syndicate related to them desperately need alternate methods of progression. If people are constantly met with 3 year old syndicates and sparsely populated boss fights, they'll never catch up. That knowledge is enough to deter a lot of potential players from even reinstalling. 

And that's before we discuss the grind involved with building the cephalon and railjack. I already have a handful of friends who were excited about railjack only to lose interest when they saw the resource list.

Not a good look for player retention.

Edited by IIDMOII

Eh, It will definitely please a lot of players. I am happy enough if we could just fly the ship, shoot stuff, complete objective, and warp out. The forums will complain no matter what, but you must realize the forums are a minority (a very vocal one) here. A lot of my clannies in a moon clan enjoyed The Old Blood and the melee changes.

Take Fortuna for example, launch day and a few days later the forums are screaming of “CoRPuS TOo STrONK PlS NeRf”, “REmOvE StAnDiNg CaP”, “Why GArUdA is LoCKED BeHinD RAnk 4 SU”.

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 4

While we are at it, why don't we start already to traash tali about the new update and pretend that we will not like It? I can hear the crybabies that are already typing pages and pages of how delusional this update will be. 

I truly can't wait for all the drama queens to show up. 

F2P game rarely goes bankrupt, some of my korean fps from 2003 still alive to this day even though its no longer relevant, kinda sad but im surprised my account still there when I try to login.

So yeah thats worst case, lets just hope de can pull this one right so wf can still relevant especially its xmas/holiday season where most games release their big updates.

1 hour ago, Uan91 said:

While we are at it, why don't we start already to traash tali about the new update and pretend that we will not like It? I can hear the crybabies that are already typing pages and pages of how delusional this update will be. 

I truly can't wait for all the drama queens to show up. 

???

If this up date failed, with the amount of time spent on it,  it would make me lose faith in DE as a developer. ..it's would be hard getting excited for anything new coming. 

For the players who have stuck with the game waiting for this update,  it will be the last straw. ...  depending on how bad it was,  I'd probably move on to another Game. ..    but I do believe the wait will be worth it,  and I'm really hoping it's great. ...

3 minutes ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

If this up date failed, with the amount of time spent on it,  it would make me lose faith in DE as a developer. ..it's would be hard getting excited for anything new coming. 

For the players who have stuck with the game waiting for this update,  it will be the last straw. ...  depending on how bad it was,  I'd probably move on to another Game. ..    but I do believe the wait will be worth it,  and I'm really hoping it's great. ...

That happened for me with the Lich system. It was announced over 2 years ago, and they still have yet to redress any of the Feed Back we have provided for them. If they can't event put out a semi polished complete system for that, why should anyone in good faith have any reason to be excited for Empyrean. I am sure on the surface it will look great, and have vast potential as the Lich system has/had, but will it fall to the wey side as other systems have had done because they did not get the acclaim DE thought they deserved. See Lunaro, Dark Sectors, Archwing, Conclaive etc etc etc.

• Like 2