Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What would happen if railjack/empyrean fails?

(PSN)ChaosTheNerd

I'm not worried.

Archwing was a total flop and yet the game kept on going. People got whatever mods/items they wanted from the content and then went back to doing whatever they were doing before.

A year later Archwing got a few updates to missions/quality of life improvements that made it a bit better.

A year after that another update that actually allowed you to turn in any direction.

. "Archwing has been upgraded to a full six degrees of freedom! Now, you’ll be able to pilot your Archwing like a true flight simulator with full 360-degree yaws and pitches. (Note: submersible missions will still use the old controls) " - Update: Specters of the Rail

Anyway DE made a feature that wasn't very popular but continued improving/supporting it for years afterward.

If railjack/empyrean is crap on release it probably won't be a year from then.

Do we lose existing content of tileset runner, landscape, archwing and such when it fails? If no, I'm not worried at all.

If it fails? I'll just keep running it until I'm maxed then wait for any improvement and laugh at those who come back and need to get better gears because they choose to saying it's a doom of warframe while I'm ready for anything coming. Didn't we had this for Profit-Taker? People cry because they don't bother to reach Old Mate and invest on archwing.

People will still play until the next update, cause there are not that many replacements for warframe. 

There will probably be a lull in player count for some time and the incremental player growth might decline as well. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l

13 hours ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

What would happen if empyrean ends up the same as the old blood update? How would the community react to another failed update? How would the community respond if railjack was underwhelming or little to nothing to do? 

I wanna hear your thoughts on this.

NOTE: This post is not meant to trash talk de or any if that.

If Railjack fail, and i hope no, i think there will be 2 phase:

Phase 1: They will lose a giantic ammount of player. Specially the veteran and the and mid-road player. The first cause after the disgusting mechanic of kuva lich (and no more things to do) are stressed and on the edge to leave and want something new to enjoy theyr time. Te second cause they see, other than the infinite amount of thing they have to do for complete the game, also new horrible and maybe unrewarding thing that they must face in the immediate future. Only the new player are without problem; they coud simply ignore old blood and railjack and focus on other rewarding and funny things.

Phase 2: If phase 1 is what the player do if railjack fail; phase 2 is about what DE do when they start to see they have created another failed update. Phase 2 is divide intoo a moltitude of diffeent case.

-) They could simply continue to live in theyr cristal ball, ignoring the player feedback, ingnoring the evidence and follow their road like they have done with kuva lich (if you follow a little the forum, you know what i mean. Millions of different and interesting idea given to DE by the player that are completely ignored and the horrible mechanic is still like the first day)

-) They could make a brief deviation from theyr path, aknowledge that theyr last update are a complete failure, deatached to the hype they have created before, and start to follow some of the ideas that could mke the failed update a little bit better

-) They could change the path (and i hope this will happen), stopping to stay like god in the olympous mountain, throwing lightning-update on the plebean tenno, and start also to involve the community in the update of the game. How? Considering our feedback and our update ideas, and for the most interesting allow the player to vote other player ideas, so DE could know also what people like and what they don't like before we have to face it.

Sry for my bad english, bye! 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MollAgdeduba said:

If Railjack fail, and i hope no, i think there will be 2 phase:

Phase 1: They will lose a giantic ammount of player. Specially the veteran and the and mid-road player. The first cause after the disgusting mechanic of kuva lich (and no more things to do) are stressed and on the edge to leave and want something new to enjoy theyr time. Te second cause they see, other than the infinite amount of thing they have to do for complete the game, also new horrible and maybe unrewarding thing that they must face in the immediate future. Only the new player are without problem; they coud simply ignore old blood and railjack and focus on other rewarding and funny things.

Phase 2: If phase 1 is what the player do if railjack fail; phase 2 is about what DE do when they start to see they have created another failed update. Phase 2 is divide intoo a moltitude of diffeent case.

-) They could simply continue to live in theyr cristal ball, ignoring the player feedback, ingnoring the evidence and follow their road like they have done with kuva lich (if you follow a little the forum, you know what i mean. Millions of different and interesting idea given to DE by the player that are completely ignored and the horrible mechanic is still like the first day)

-) They could make a brief deviation from theyr path, aknowledge that theyr last update are a complete failure, deatached to the hype they have created before, and start to follow some of the ideas that could mke the failed update a little bit better

-) They could change the path (and i hope this will happen), stopping to stay like god in the olympous mountain, throwing lightning-update on the plebean tenno, and start also to involve the community in the update of the game. How? Considering our feedback and our update ideas, and for the most interesting allow the player to vote other player ideas, so DE could know also what people like and what they don't like before we have to face it.

Sry for my bad english, bye! 

Dear sir, you speak Hyperbole. I have it on good authority and have been deemed thus myself. We must be in good company then. I see the same things you do.

17 minutes ago, Aldain said:

If I didn't know better with all the negativity around here lately (i.e. more than the usual) I would almost think people WANT it to fail.

Nooo, people EXPECT it to fail. Huge difference. We all WANT and HOPE it to be intriguing and fun.

Edit: Imagine if we got a continuation of the storyline that reveals things we didn't even imagine and that they save the grind for some non-powercreep stuff, like a color palette, unique skin for a single warframe of your choice or reusable fun gear like fireworks.
Let's focus our thoughts on that instead.

Imagine that unique skin being the Stalker skin xD

Edited by Uthael

Depends....

There will not be much to do I guess or the content will be limited so most of the players will max it out asap and complain as usually.
Railjack is a content that is supposed to be expanding month after month so we shouldn't lose our heads so easily and overhype.

Constructive feedback and collected thoughts will give us the best vision of what it should be and how to improve it. That's how Warframe has always been.
I believe we will be satisfied afterall. Patience.

That depends how it fails and for who it fails. If it fails to deliver for me I'll still play WF but maybe not much railjacking. It all depends what the content will include, what I'll enjoy, if it will have the simple replay value of any space sim game I've ever played or have the need to keep me attracted through rewards. If it does fail to deliver that just means that Cyberpunk will probably get more of my time when it releases, atleast if they do go ahead and release the online part as they've planned. Otherwise that will be a play through game and then back to WF with good or bad railjack implemented.

16 hours ago, StinkyPygmy said:

In anycase, TOB isn't even close to killing WF. If WFs history has taught me anything, this will be forgotten early next year and everyone will go back to complaining about whatever the current flavor of the month is.

I agree that TOB won't kill WF. Lack of content, coupled with dissapointing updates, will however.

TOB recieved the amount of backlash not only because it dissapointed in terms of gameplay mechanics, but also because it came out at a time where people were hungry for actual content, and it failed to deliver any. 

People will surely forget about TOB when Railjack and/or New war hits, but I think they'll be reminded of it again when they run through those content updates and everyone will be like "so what about those liches? Is DE trying to make them more viable or expand on the concept?" Because at this point, the only sustainable content we have seems to be Kuva Lich hunt(at least the most promising one), and most Vet like myself and you don't have much else to attain from the existing content.

2 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

I agree that TOB won't kill WF. Lack of content, coupled with dissapointing updates, will however.

TOB recieved the amount of backlash not only because it dissapointed in terms of gameplay mechanics, but also because it came out at a time where people were hungry for actual content, and it failed to deliver any. 

People will surely forget about TOB when Railjack and/or New war hits, but I think they'll be reminded of it again when they run through those content updates and everyone will be like "so what about those liches? Is DE trying to make them more viable or expand on the concept?" Because at this point, the only sustainable content we have seems to be Kuva Lich hunt(at least the most promising one), and most Vet like myself and you don't have much else to attain from the existing content.

So the same thing that happens with pretty much every update then. Then DE eventually goes back, updates it, people like it or people dontt Rinse/repeat.

The cycle continues. Its all business as usual. For clarity i'm not trying to brush aside your point of view, its just this is the usual cycle of things in my own observations. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong this time and i'll get egg all over my face. But as far as i can see this is just the usual cycle of events with every update.

19 hours ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

What would happen if empyrean ends up the same as the old blood update? How would the community react to another failed update? How would the community respond if railjack was underwhelming or little to nothing to do? 

I wanna hear your thoughts on this.

NOTE: This post is not meant to trash talk de or any if that.

To be honest, I don’t think, based on it’s own merits, that Empyrean will fail.  DE has delayed it, most likely, to guarantee it’s success as it’s own experience.

The real question is whether or not players who fell in love with Warframe “as is”, will still want to buy in and “play” (grind/invest in) a successful Empyrean.

New War is probably a failsafe in that regard.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

2 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

exactly. No matter what DE does, no matter HOW they handle it, people are going to have a problem with it

At this point, the Warframe community is large enough that anything short of a perfect update (which isn't possible) will end up with some group screaming on the forums. I've seen what just 4 people can do to GD and General Feedback, and if that's anything to go by then DE are perfectly within their rights to basically ignore the forums entirely. Not that we'll like it, but at least there's some justification there.

• Like 5

Just now, Iamabearlulz said:

At this point, the Warframe community is large enough that anything short of a perfect update (which isn't possible) will end up with some group screaming on the forums. I've seen what just 4 people can do to GD and General Feedback, and if that's anything to go by then DE are perfectly within their rights to basically ignore the forums entirely. Not that we'll like it, but at least there's some justification there.

While i still think ignoring the forums would be a HUGE mistake, you've pretty much hit the nail on the head there.

Funny you mention about what a small group of of vocal people can do. Sometimes, issues seem bigger then they are because you have the same small group of people yelling about something, but no ones pays attention to user names so its easy to feel like every comment is by different people. Doesn't happen that often, but i've definitely seen times where the same 10 or 20 people are so active it seems like the forums are burning.

Railjack will fail if it's a mode designed solely around getting rewards, which is what the Kuva Lich system is. If it's about the gameplay experience of flying the railjack and taking on other enemy ships, and traveling to different planets, then it will succeed. If it's just about the rewards, then it'll be a dead mode within a month, with WF players asking "What's next?"

• Like 2

7 hours ago, StinkyPygmy said:

So the same thing that happens with pretty much every update then. Then DE eventually goes back, updates it, people like it or people dontt Rinse/repeat.

The cycle continues. Its all business as usual. For clarity i'm not trying to brush aside your point of view, its just this is the usual cycle of things in my own observations. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong this time and i'll get egg all over my face. But as far as i can see this is just the usual cycle of events with every update.

I don't think it is the same cycle as the circumstances aren't the same this time around. And I also don't think WF can handle another year of content scarcity of this magnitude. There'll be an impact on the player base. We've reached new lows by the end of 2019 after we've had the highest numbers we had during 2017 and 2018.  It ceases to become "bussiness as usual" for every company at some point unless they expand or transform. 

• Like 1

Warframe can handle at least 3 or 4 more deaths, on top of the 3,567 it has suffered so far.

1 hour ago, White_Matter said:

It ceases to become "bussiness as usual" for every company at some point unless they expand or transform. 

Every attempt for the game to expand or transform are met with pitchforks. The community is its own worst enemy.

On 2019-12-04 at 3:10 PM, trst said:

The same kind of negative reactions every single past update has gotten.

Though there are going to be plenty of people hating on the update regardless of how it goes if the reactions from phase one alone are anything to go by. We already know that phase two isn't the entire update yet people are going to complain just as they did after realizing phase one was just building the Railjack (as was advertised).

Yup just like how the entire world seems to against me when I voice anything. Specters of the Rail? I got hounded by for supporting that update. Supporting Steve on the HUD Changes on Warframe? All eyes on me as if I am 1% the only person that like the new UI.

Is why I try to limit my posts as much as possible or make one off posts with no further replies after to avoid getting in trouble with the Moderators, These days I just listen to what people posts rather than say anything.