Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What would happen if railjack/empyrean fails?

(PSN)ChaosTheNerd

Nothing changes. Its a free game. Whatever they put out, players should be grateful (regular patching, semi regular content update - reality IS how much time and effort should they be putting into pumping out new content???). Supergrindy or not. People who spend plat will keep buying for plat unless something drastic makes the game either unplayable or complete disaster for majority of non forum fanbase.

If it fails, it will largely be forgotten in the end.

If it rolls out anything like the Old Blood update did, there will be endless amounts of REEEEE, cries for nerfs and buffs, and someone sniffing their farts so hard that they go after people who complain and try to trash them. Sooo...pretty much business as usual.

40 minutes ago, T.Hoagie said:

If it fails, it will largely be forgotten in the end.

If it rolls out anything like the Old Blood update did, there will be endless amounts of REEEEE, cries for nerfs and buffs, and someone sniffing their farts so hard that they go after people who complain and try to trash them. Sooo...pretty much business as usual.

Hmm kinda sad tbh

16 hours ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

You must be reading a different post because I clearly stated that this was not an attack on de or any of that crap, it was an actual question 

Read the same post as the rest of the people here. How about the update hasn't even been released yet and you're already looking at the worst possible outcome? So why still bother playing WF when you already know it's going to fail anyway?

16 hours ago, Aldain said:

If I didn't know better with all the negativity around here lately (i.e. more than the usual) I would almost think people WANT it to fail.

Right? 

1 hour ago, Vyra said:

There was a failed update?

Probably talking about The Old Blood and its Kuva Lich system, because that hasn't been received well. Because the Kuva Lich system is so watered down compared to what was shown at Tennocon, some people are worried that Empyrean will be similarly watered down, hence questions like "What would happen if Railjack/Empyrean fails."

Edited by TheGildedOni

6 hours ago, (PS4)R3N36AD3 said:

Read the same post as the rest of the people here. How about the update hasn't even been released yet and you're already looking at the worst possible outcome? So why still bother playing WF when you already know it's going to fail anyway?

Thanks for putting words in my mouth because its obvious you did not read the capitalized "NOTE: this post is not meant to trash talk de or any of that" I asked a question and I wanted some answers and guess what?I did. If I actually wanted railjack to fail I would've put that in the post in the first place, everyone but you had no issue with my original post.

Edited by (PS4)ChaosTheNerd

14 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Every attempt for the game to expand or transform are met with pitchforks. The community is its own worst enemy.

I disagree. Most of the exapansion and transformation attempts were welcomed with open arms.

Damage 2.0, Melee 2.0, Parkour 2.0 were the best things to happen to this game and were all met with enthusiasm.

Also "attempts" at open world systems would be game changing if DE managed to execute them properly but they couldn't. That's on them, not the community. 

I think its about time to stop the "yes man" attitude and stop demonizing the community. Community is still a pretty good metric for evaluation of a games direction whether you like it or not.

25 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

I think its about time to stop the "yes man" attitude and stop demonizing the community. Community is still a pretty good metric for evaluation of a games direction whether you like it or not.

It's funny how much you see this.  Your ether A WHITE KNIGHT  or A HATER.  Or maybe some of us a fans of the game who get excited and disappointed sometimes. .  Nothing wrong with shareing your feelings.  THAT'S WHAT THE FORMS ARE FOR. ..😄😄

3 hours ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Thanks for putting words in my mouth because its obvious you did not read the capitalized "NOTE: this post is not meant to trash talk de or any of that" I asked a question and I wanted some answers and guess what?I did. If I actually wanted railjack to fail I would've put that in the post in the first place, everyone but you had no issue with my original post.

no, you cannot say that it failed, but only because it has not been released yet.
what you chose to do instead, is to prognose its failure by theoretical assumptions and projections (like this thread) which lead nowhere. putting a little disclaimer which tries to refuse or hide obvious intentions of your post-making will not make it any better, or make you immune to the obvious comments about your attitude and approach to the matter. it's not putting words in your mouth. its reading your posts as a whole and between the lines, where you clearly state what and where your mindset is.

just like keeping calling old blood a failed update, usurping the right to judge this update on our all' behalf. something I, as a player, didn't agree to, and most certainly would not want your person to represent me in this (or anything else for that matter 🙂)

to stay on topic though, I can give you an answer to your question of the thread -

What will happen, as soon as empyrean gets released?
- you, with or without people like you, will label it as a fail, just like Old Blood. You or people like you will make more threads, posts and toxic replies, whining and complaining about content you probably hardly touched on (PS Player), refusing to provide constructive criticism, and refusing to acknowledge all the fixes that would have been released since then, feedback gatherings, and all reasonably happy players who loved or even just enjoyed the update (just like you are ignoring the players playing and enjoying the Lich content/multitude of new weapons with new possibilities/melee rebalance right now - yes, melee is also part of this update you are calling 'failed').

but, your choice and your internet time. eventually the need of self-validation via the forum +1s will expire, and you might mature. and please dont give me the bs about how you love the game and you do it for the game. if you loved the game, you would have supported the devs. had you supported the devs, you wouldnt start threads saying ' what if they work fails'. be honest with at least yourself, because with others you clearly cannot.

3 hours ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

everyone but you had no issue with my original post.

no, he was one of few that bothered to show you what is wrong about it. I am the second dude with more time committing to this than I should. 

16 minutes ago, tzadquiel said:

no, you cannot say that it failed, but only because it has not been released yet.
what you chose to do instead, is to prognose its failure by theoretical assumptions and projections (like this thread) which lead nowhere. putting a little disclaimer which tries to refuse or hide obvious intentions of your post-making will not make it any better, or make you immune to the obvious comments about your attitude and approach to the matter. it's not putting words in your mouth. its reading your posts as a whole and between the lines, where you clearly state what and where your mindset is.

just like keeping calling old blood a failed update, usurping the right to judge this update on our all' behalf. something I, as a player, didn't agree to, and most certainly would not want your person to represent me in this (or anything else for that matter 🙂)

to stay on topic though, I can give you an answer to your question of the thread -

What will happen, as soon as empyrean gets released?
- you, with or without people like you, will label it as a fail, just like Old Blood. You or people like you will make more threads, posts and toxic replies, whining and complaining about content you probably hardly touched on (PS Player), refusing to provide constructive criticism, and refusing to acknowledge all the fixes that would have been released since then, feedback gatherings, and all reasonably happy players who loved or even just enjoyed the update (just like you are ignoring the players playing and enjoying the Lich content/multitude of new weapons with new possibilities/melee rebalance right now - yes, melee is also part of this update you are calling 'failed').

but, your choice and your internet time. eventually the need of self-validation via the forum +1s will expire, and you might mature. and please dont give me the bs about how you love the game and you do it for the game. if you loved the game, you would have supported the devs. had you supported the devs, you wouldnt start threads saying ' what if they work fails'. be honest with at least yourself, because with others you clearly cannot.

no, he was one of few that bothered to show you what is wrong about it. I am the second dude with more time committing to this than I should. 

Sigh..........

I like how you went off topic and started talking about mine and others dislike about the old blood because I have touched the old blood update and have dealt with many of my liches.

I dont need the validation of people on here and I find it quite hilarious that you think I do.

You do not know what my intentions of making this post were but since your so hell bent on villianizing me I guess the least I can do is a provide an explanation for why i made such a problematic post, i had a question, and I wanted some answers, yeah i wanted to know what would happen if another update was as controversial as old blood, yeah i didn't like the old blood update (specifically the kuva liches) but i never wanted it or empyrean to fail. 

I know that you dont wanna hear this but I'm sorry sweetie i have to, i do love digital extremes and warframe as a whole and after the update that you CANNOT lie was controversial regarding the community reaction, I wanted to ask what would happen if railjack was a failure after the last controversial update.

Look I get that you want to put words and ideas in my head and gaslight me like I'm some evil supervillain but I'm not and did not. I've already made a post a few weeks ago explaining that I do not want to be as toxic as I use to be and I've been staying true to that, scroll through my history of you have to.

The point is, I made a post asking a legitimate question and I was getting great responses to said question, if you dont like the post I made, oh well move on and read another,  but please do not come on here telling me what MY intentions were because you dont know me, you dont know who I am or what I do.

The simple fact that there might be linked progression between surface and space missions is something that still blows my mind and it's all I want for my clan. We have enough players that a full squad of 4 isn't enough space.

5 hours ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

You ever listen to someone who says "now I ain't a racist, but..."? That's pretty much a guarantee that what's about to be said is going to make that statement a lie. 

Your disclaimer in the first post gave the same sort of vibe. Your restating it in response to the reasoned response they wrote, pretty much confirmed it in my mind. 

The whole thread is bogus, primarily because you didn't define what would constitute "a fail". So it is nothing more than an appeal to each individuals negativity. 

22 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You ever listen to someone who says "now I ain't a racist, but..."? That's pretty much a guarantee that what's about to be said is going to make that statement a lie. 

Your disclaimer in the first post gave the same sort of vibe. Your restating it in response to the reasoned response they wrote, pretty much confirmed it in my mind. 

The whole thread is bogus, primarily because you didn't define what would constitute "a fail". So it is nothing more than an appeal to each individuals negativity. 

If you read the following responses, there are people that are saying they would still play and support the game for varying reasons

And yes I do agree that I did not explain what would constitute as a failure but I did not want to bring out the negativity on anyone. 

Can we get rid of the myth that old blood was a failed update. The lich system isn't perfect, but I played it fine. 

It was only a "failed"update to those that insisted on unlocking every weapon right away and needed to grind asap. Everyone else probably just played it at a normal pace and the flaws weren't as glaring as the vocal min/maxers made it out to be. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Can we get rid of the myth that old blood was a failed update. The lich system isn't perfect, but I played it fine. 

It was only a "failed"update to those that insisted on unlocking every weapon right away and needed to grind asap. Everyone else probably just played it at a normal pace and the flaws weren't as glaring as the vocal min/maxers made it out to be. 

Sorry, but when you have duplicate issues, Slave Trade issues, replay and enjoyment issues, co-op mechanics issues, yeah sorry, Old Blood is pretty much a flop, I stopped going after weapons, only one left, after November because of the Piss Poor feed back we got from Bear. So yeah, I have little interest in Empyrean, if what they have shown us for the little care of Old blood is any indication.

5 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

It "failed" because it was met with almost universal dislike, and the player count continued to drop. While not every major update has been met with universal praise, they always at least boost the player count by a lot.