Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #134: Empyrean!

[DE]Rebecca

43 minutes ago, AngelWednesday said:

Will we be able to build a second dry dock for our Orbiter?

Will the Dojo get the Lander area that the Relay Stations have? 

(This would make a good spawn point.)

Will we get a better Dojo builder to help us visualise and plan our Dojo's better? And could this include shifting around rooms without having to destroy them?

Can you make our Lich's into members of our team like the syndicate troops? Or, as some people have suggested, make them into companions that we can mod, arm up, customise and take into missions with us?

Have you started on Nemisis systems for the other factions?

Will there be quests for the rest of the syndicates with their own base to visit?

Will we be able to hire syndicate members for missions?

Whats the plans for hiring our Railjack crew to keep our ship from becoming toast to quickly?

Will Solar Rails, Clan wars and alerts be coming back at some point?

There seems to be alot of loose ends and bits and pieces of game (like the 3rd Orb Mother battle) left all over the place. Will there be a tidy up crew finishing, tweeking and fixing all these things?

Will we get a couple of sentient bases to deal with?

Thanks for all the efforts everyone. I'm really looking forward to escaping the solar system and seeing what's been going in the universe. 😄 ❤️

For the Lich thing, They are working on making Converted Liches into crew members for our railjacky.

For the nemesis question, They ARE looking into that, as said last devstream.

Hmmm. Couple of questions?

- On the melee front, what’s the plan with finishers, is it intended to more completely incorporate them into Mercy/Parazon kills?

- Can we get a preview of some of the interior decoration stuff for the Railjack?

- Can we recruit converted liches as Railjack crew?

- The lich system as it is now, how ‘complete’ do you feel it is, as opposed to how much extra tweaking and additional lich subsystems and configurations do you feel you’re waiting on adding in?

- So, Focus is not perfectly balanced right now, I believe there’s a wild overuse of Zenurik while other Schools are used rather less frequently. Is there a plan to take a look at Focus any time soon?

Cheers!

Sometimes after a long arbi or just a long day I'll tune my brain to the soft electronic hum of the orbiter and doze off. Not on purpose, but it's not an undesired outcome either. What will the ambient noise be like on a fully stocked railjack? Will I, as the captain, still be able to lose track of time without fear of drifting into the gravity well of a white dwarf or the long range bombardment of an ancient infested ship coating my portside with a stellarly transmitted disease?

If migrations/high latency becomes an issue, would you consider giving railjack owners greater control over over hosting? [Somewhat of a tangent, but I wouldn't mind being a dedicated host for railjack ventures when I'm not playing them myself. Especially if you need an impartial host in some sort of PvE race mode (ie two squads competing for the same ship).]

Will we be able to gain additional syndicate/faction rep by putting a sigil or flag on our ship? Or maybe increase/decrease confrontation rates.

Will we be able to land our orbiter in our dry dock sometime in the future? (ie no load time going from your own orbiter to dojo)  [I think you might have answered this in a past devstream.]

Could some of the old orokin lab researches be changed/moved to the dry dock? [Even if it requires lots of farming/time, I enjoy working on getting my ghost clan to 100% research. 🙂 ]

I have more questions but I think most will be answered in the first few minutes of flying around. Oh, but the anticipation...

40 minutes ago, (PS4)JORDIMSX said:

Are modular archwings coming with the empyrean or later? If so, can you give a little info on how do the parts affect the archwing abilities? Thanks

It looks like that's probably gonna be that way? I would like to see the Lift Together (The pre-set name for my modular archwing) into my arsenal.

When is Valkyr going to get a rework? She's even worse off after all the melee reworks and she needs a look at her kit badly.

Her only usefull skill is Warcry (And even then, it's still kinda bad since the speed boost is easily gained through mods or other frames and the armor boost doesn't scale off Valk's armor) and the rest range from pointless due the parkour system and operator (Ripline), Only used to regain health because the range is terrible and it's so easy have it turned off, but still drain your energy (Seriously, why does hysteria turn off when I aim glide or hack a console? That's garbage.  I would rather use my regular melee weapon and switch to operator to hack or revive people, it's smarter.) or the worst CC in the game.  (It's just so bad.  Why is it's power based on Valk's shields? Valk shouldn't even have shields)

Could you please, please give my favorite frame some attention? She seems so forgotten and neglected.  All these other frames get reworks and deluxe skins and Valk Prime didn't even get a tail!

Thanks for all the hard work, DE!

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Now that Vauban and Ember have received their reworks. Why can we expect reworks for Nyx and Revenant?

And any plans to increase the damage to exalted weapons to make up for their loss of the combo multiplier? Iron Staff has dropped off from being arguably the best to being the worst and Serene Storm could just use the buff to damage output.

Nyx and revenant are fine where they , I can help you with builds cause appreantly you need to find the optimize use for them . They are pretty strong. Only need of the nyx way more agresive ai for first skill, and that is it

Got a few more questions that I forgot to ask:

1) Could we have the option to write our Railjack names in the Orokin script?

2) Also, will we ever see faction-themed skins for the exterior and interior of our Railjacks, specifically Grineer, Corpus, Infested, Orokin, and Sentient skins?

3) Unrelated to Empyrean, but could we get a dedicated walk key for mouse and keyboard? You can freely walk in missions with controllers, but you can't do that with mouse and keyboard. It would be a nice QoL addition that I would certainly appreciate.

I don't want this to sound like i'm mad or anything but Can we get archwing its own button layout/ key binds? frame  fighter, lunaro and shazin have there own key binds but not archwing? please tell me why u haven't done this in 4 years? Also are you guys done with the lich system or are u going to still be creating newer models of the liches for ever?  and please don't add any more rng lich mods i think 8 is good enough.

Will there ever be an easier way to edit dojo layout? The system we use for deleting rooms seems slightly outdated, and making it easier to delete multiple connected rooms at once would help streamline large scale editing. If possible, would a main interface built in a lab or room be possible for also moving rooms without destruction and rebuilding with a resource and time cost?

The Phased skin on the Prime version of Vauban not only has a bugged texture in the form of black spots on his collar, but also both the Phased skin and the Rubedo skin on Rhino can't toggle prime parts like tennogen skins. Normally the skins show with the prime parts, but the phased skin also is bugged so that the coattails of the Vauban prime. Will the skins be updated so that these problems get fixed?

Aside from recolors, what decorative/customization options can we expect for Railjacks both with and after the release of Empyrean?

---

Are there any plans to update the Syndicate 'Assassins'? The current squads feel somewhat disconnected from the factions sending them.

Cephalon Cy is a great character, many players became quite endeared to him during the Rising Tide quest. Will there be more opportunities to learn about Cy and see his character develop in the future?

(Potentially unrelated to Empyrean: The Business is also really cool, and I'd love to see more of him outside of conservation)

Archived