Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #134: Empyrean!

[DE]Rebecca

Will there be pvp mode for railjacks, that can bring clans to pvp again, something like a dojo siege (a defending and attacker sides) new arcanes from this pvp as rewards, clan pvp progression like a specific level for this pvp that will allow the clan to equip specific augments to their dojo such as trap rooms, turrets...etc

First, I wanna say as a Switch player that I appreciate all the transparency provided through Nintendo's held-up cert process. But related to that, I wanted to ask if you guys knew whether this will be a more frequent thing that Nintendo puts DE through for updates, or if this is a one-time problem that Empyrean won't struggle with.

Related more to the Railjacks themselves, I'd love to see if there was a way to synergize Warframe abilities more with the concept. Someone mentioned using frost abilities to out fires which is great (I'd add Hydroid to that list too), but also stuff like ship abilities that can allow for the ship to harness select Warframe powers of those on board. Stuff like shooting off a fireball while ember is piloting and charging the energy cost to her instead of the ship would be sweet.

Ok, so as for the Kuva Liches, during one of the Devstreams (last one I believe), we heard that it was a topic of heated discussion at DE as to whether players should be allowed to have said Liches as crewmembers on their Railjack. Which leads me to my question - have you already settled on anything, or is it still being talked over?

My questions for the RailJack Devstream.

- One of the reasons we can say that Kuva Liches had a mixed reaction, is that compared to their Tennocon demo implications, the system was stripped down to basics just to get it shipped. Grineer only, only two personality types, quirks don't really do anything, and rather than a prolonged personal hunt it's more of a grindfest stabbing generic Grineer dudes.

Are you concerned that shipping RailJack, which is being stripped to just Grineer portion just to get it out of the door, might have similar reactions? If yes, what are you doing differently?

- There's a lot of stuff that community wants to see and that DE says is being worked on. RailJack, Kuva Liches, SquadLink, Duviri Paradox, New War, Raids, Third Orb Mother, Primary kitguns, new primes, new weapons, new deluxes... With expectations for so many things, it can get a bit confusing.

Can you tell us a rough hierarchy of your priorities? The release order you are aiming for? For example "RailJack, then Kuva Lich integration into RJ, then New War, then new Corpus Liches"

Will we get additional accessory slots, like say for thigh/forearms?

As some accessories are placed on the thigh rather than the shin. (The Syrinx thigh plates, vs the Edo knee plates.) It  just seems odd to have to pick between them when you easily have room on your legs for both, and would help add further FashionFrame options to the mix.

If Kuva Liches are able to join the crew in combat, would we be able to switch between converted liches like npc loadout? What would be the plan on expanding the viability of converted liches since they sometimes appear in missions but don't seem very helpful.

Any hope for helmets having an option to recolor separately? Like a setting per coloration slot that would enable the helmet to be colored separately to alleviate helmet/skin conflicts?

Other comments about the return of hold melee for heavy attack accidentally doing heavy melee has me worried about this on consoles, I think the right stick method we have currently is fine.

On to my railjack question, will the railjack funtion like a lobby between active missions? I.e. players can join with the railjack doubling as an orbiter?

how are we going to hire crew? will it be a one time fee, a mission per mission fee (like a percentage of resources or something) or will it be a recurring fee, (some amount payed every x amount of time, and if so is it in game time or real time?)

Not so much a question about Empyrean, but I do have a question about what constitutes as a finisher:

In the recent nightwave daily task, we were assigned to get 10 finishers on targets, but for some reason, doing a parazon finisher on a thrall did not grant progress on nightwave. Is this intended? I found it a little frustrating that it didn't count toward nightwave progress.

Archived