Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #134: Empyrean!

[DE]Rebecca

I love the new feel of archwing, but it seems like being able to turn upside down is a major loss for me and some other members ive spoken with. Any plans to bring that feature back?

The original archwing allowed us to drift by holding crouch. Further iterations removed it and eventually made it so that if you shot a weapon  your wing would follow your reticle. Any plans on reimplementimg drift, especially now that wings stop on a dime ?

Are kitwings going to make the 4 OG wings obsolete? 

Amesha augment when? 

And lastly, any plans to bring back archwing key bind customization? 

I was thinking for Empyrean and the modular archwing update. Would it be possible to have a system similar to the fishing gear setup except here you can have a primary archwing and the option to switch out the archwing during the mission? I just think it might be an idea to have emyprean missions that play into the different strengths of the different archwings rather the falling back on the need for speed itzal even with the recent changes.

Will we be able to adjust our load outs (frames and archwings) during railjack missions since the arsenal is there?

Will we be able to set up quick select modes to adjust power faster? Think Red Alert from Star Trek or like railjack loadouts.  Don't want to have to do a ton of shifting if we move from mining to combat quickly or if i want to fire the big lazer but first have to turn everything off.

28 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

all things Empyrean – from the Dry Dock to Earth

So that means only Empyrean part 1 will be shipped... ETA? Because I remember railjack is supposed to be a new way to travel from planet to planet or even systems. From the look of this, it seems to be only confined to the space above Earth ya?

It's fine if it is just part 1, but please don't make another lengthy grindy system like Lich's which is only favored by white knights & fanboys.

given how many people have had trouble placing the drydock in their dojos is there any possibility of improving the dojo map to include a toggleable overlay of all floors? could you add the ability to zoom out during room construction so that you can actually see the orientation of the drydock (right now you can only see a hallway leading off into nothing)?

currently liches take rewards from us but aside from weapons (which are mostly duplicates with lower rolls than what we have) and ephemera (10% chance is awfully low for something that takes this long)  there is no incentive to bother with them. is there any talk of adding additional rewards at each stage of the fight? (like getting a minor reward when you correctly pick one of the 3 mods to kill them or the chance for a lich without an ephemera to get one)

Darvo is sending out advertisements for twitch prime. why are these not clearly labeled as advertisements?

pablo said some things about ESO he probably shouldn't have. one of the key issues with frame diversity in ESO is samaris' restriction on using your 4th ability. any chance that might change in the future so frames like ember could be ESO viable?

Are there plans for a new / revised means of laying out and constructing Dojos?

Are you going to address the lack of an opt-out mechanic for players that are stuck with a LIch nemesis they don't want to deal with anymore? A "peace offering" option would be extremely beneficial for players.

Are you going to stop punishing players with an instant death and a free enemy level up for getting the wrong Requiem mod sequence when stabbing Liches? An incorrect stab should only result in the Lich teleporting away to fight another day.

Are you going to make Lich allies more reliable? Having them show up for 2 minutes sometimes when you're about to die is not very useful. A summon beacon would be much appreciated.

Are you going to address the fact that duplicate Kuva weapons are still a thing and a waste of player time and effort?

Are nuke 'Frames like Saryn, Mesa, Equinox, Volt and so on going to be addressed? Some of us are a bit tired of seeing these Frames constantly dominating high level missions. Your own data shows that Mesa and Saryn dominate the usage graphs for Warframes among high MR level players (due to high killing potential). Didn't you nerf Catchmoon for exactly this reason?

1. Since Empyrean will likely ship with new waypoint markers, will the waypoint system be fixed? Waypoints often stop pointing to the nearest path and just hover where the end objective is, which makes navigating large, complex maps to extraction hard sometimes. Open world markers, especially in the Orb Vallis, seem to be sticking to the wrong paths or ground travel, even when standing near the waypoint or travelling by archwing. Sometimes waypoints don't appear at all. 

2. Will there ever be the ability to recolor certain HUD elements like health/shield colors and waypoints? What about the ability to add a shaded transparent box behind certain white elements like ability icons or bottom of screen subtitles? Even with the drop shadow some elements like subtitles already have, they can get lost on light colored backgrounds. Will dropped batteries ever get a hud icon like life support dropped by enemies? 

3. Will there be public matchmaking for Empyrean?

4. Is Squad Link coming with Empyrean?

5. Will our Railjack only be accessible from the dry dock?

6. Will NPCs be able to be "placed" in other dojo rooms besides the dry dock? 

I just want to know when we could, if ever, expect a bit of a rework to the entire Dojo system. I think the Dry Dock showed many flows that have been bothering us for a long time, and things like the Lich trade room being so big in contrast to other areas, is not helping. Will we ever see a way to save and move rooms, or will it just be this static once built, pray you never need to move it system?

I'd excited for Railjack, don't get me wrong, just... I'd like a little more focus on Dojo's. You claim they're a essential part of the game, but we still havn't even heard a thing on that skate park that was being cooked up. I just would like a bit more focus into something deemed a core part of Warframe.

I recall that one of the eventual goals for Railjack was to be able to seamlessly transition between all missions, making the Warframe universe feel more fluidly connected. We've already seen Railjacks taking off from open worlds, but does this vision include star chart missions as well? If so, will this be coming with phase 2? How would this work?

I hope this has not been forgotten about/scrapped, it would go so far to help prevent "content island" syndrome.

45 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

P.S I will also bring up The Old Blood and Liches.

Can you try to explain why the decision to include MR for the Kuva weapons was reversed (DE initially said no MR for kuva weapons when first previewed).  But more so, why 5 formas are required for full MR?  I don't mind grinding for the weapons, but I think the 5 forma thing took it one step too far.

Archived