Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #134: Empyrean!

[DE]Rebecca

In the Duviri Paradox, an adult Operator that resembled Hayden Tenno appeared, later in a devstream it was mentioned (I forget who by) that they realised they accidently made Hayden Tenno.

Can I ask if similar to remaking a Superhero will we ever see a Warframe version of Hayden Tenno as an actual character? I'd like to see DE try to re-invent Hayden Tenno for the Warframe universe, unrelated to the non-canon Dark Sector.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)vinster said:

Can you try to explain why the decision to include MR for the Kuva weapons was reversed (DE initially said no MR for kuva weapons when first previewed).  But more so, why 5 formas are required for full MR?  I don't mind grinding for the weapons, but I think the 5 forma thing took it one step too far.

This.

Also, are you still planning to implement random stats on Railjack upgrade mods as you've mentioned before? To me this just seems like it replaces a deterministic grind(to max the mod) with another layer of randomness. Comments?

47 minutes ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

so no update for Nintendo switch but hey PC gets empyrean nice so yal next year with old blood still in cert

They are working on the Switch issues. It's pretty evident that they totally got blindsided with this hold up. Unfortunately a fix like this takes time. I'm sure you would rather never have this issue again, then for then to rush a quick fix just for this update, and then you have the same issue the very next update.

Depending on when Empyrean launches on PC could console players get a cert that includes both Rising Tide and phase 2? Rising Tide has given a lot of people the impression that railjack is coming here sooner rather than later and with the cert process consoles have to go through I'm concerned that console players have to wait longer than we actually may need to. 

46 minutes ago, paul5473 said:

Is the old/new war still on schedule for release this month or before Christmas?

I don't recall this actually being announced officially as the launch date. With what they are working on, I would really be surprised if we have New War before then even on just PC. From what they have said, Empyrian needs to be in place before New War can be released.

Liches on release were much different than what was shown at Tennocon for better or for worse. How different will release Empyrean be from what was shown to us so far? What has been cut or changed? I would say what has been added, but I'm sure you'll go over that as well.

Question: will we ever get the incentive to help with liches back? Kuva doesnt seem worth it at all.

The addition of kuva dropping when a player fails a parazon on a kuva lich in my opinion has no value at all to encourage or 'reward' the players in assisting others fight their liches. There is no drive to help because you don't get anything out of it worth pursuing. We already get kuva on kuva on more kuva from siphons and floods, to requiem relics trying to get the mods to defeat the lich in the first place. From what I've seen, there isn't the incentive anymore compared to when a fellow player failed a parazon and everyone gained murmurs as a result in the past.

Will the Vanquish/Convert system be revised to fit the idea of the undying lich aspect of Kuva Liches?

Ex. the correct requiems convert and the weapons, syandanas, ephemera, all stolen loot etc. being dropped and all failed attempts lead to the vanquishing of the lich giving only some of the stolen loot. This should allow the Requiem system to still be used while also maintaining the idea that these are liches.

Also will converted Kuva Liches be buffed to use their abilities, revive allies (like the early stage Devotees in NW S2), and give support from their galleons in Railjack? Rescuing converted liches can also end up as a nice recurring mission with good rewards as well as assisting them with some of their activities. Of course, to appeal to people's desire for loot, the rewards should also be nice and appealing.

A few of questions in term of UI and gameplay overall: 

1) Will there ever be a time that we won't have a need to purchase slots, i.e. Warframe/Weapon/Riven/etc slots? It's getting ridiculous to have to dole out money for those of us casual players that don't want to play the market to earn plat. I understand that you, the Devs, depend on us, the players, to purchase platinum to 'keep the game alive' to some point, but for some of us that are on disability and have to purchase necessities and food/meds/etc and want to play your game to help with our mental issues, it doesn't help that we get blocked from using the Sortie feature when we don't have enough Riven slots. Features should not be hidden behind plat purchases, especially if we don't want to get rid of the items that we've worked hard to get - heck, we've even sold warframes, weapons, sentinels to open up slots for new content because we cannot earn them. Sure, we can earn them in Nightwave, but repetitive content is another issue for veterans or people with over 2k hours on your game. 
2) Will there ever be a feature to mute the liches or to turn them off all together, i.e. an Opt-Out feature? I did one lich and just cannot bring myself to kill the other one that I have up. It wore me out with the first one and the system is just overbearing for some of us. I ask for the Opt-Out feature or mute Lich feature because every time I log in, I'm getting tired of hearing "Snickety Snack, guess who's back" or "Did you forget me, Tennoooo?" Nooooo, Julaga Tahdimm, I didn't forget you.... Hush and go away... 
3) Will you ever fix Revenant's bug with his neck breaking upon using his 4 or just standing idle? 
4) Will there ever be an increase or a change to the drop rate of Argon? Also, since it takes forever to get the resource that disappears every day at Zero Hour GMT, maybe make it where it doesn't phase out of existence? I mean - there's a Pegmitite that sits as a decoration in Cetus behind the Miner, why doesn't that disappear daily? I only ask this because of the recent insane 15 argon farm for Railjack... After running for 3 1/2 hours to 4 hours with 2 farm frames, we only got 3 argon in 45 minutes, 8 in another 45 minutes, then the rest in the next few hours... It's silly, yes?
5) Will we see Empyrean & New War before next Tennocon? My clanmates and I are starting to get antsy. I've predicted that Empyrean will hit, the full experience, no later than March/April. That means New War will be after that. I see someone mentioned how New War is for Christmas 2019. I don't see that happening, to be honest. 
6) Will there ever be an option for those of us that have cleared the Helminth Cyst off our frames to Opt-Out of that? Or will we see the Umbra program come out that was shown a few months ago? If we don't get the Umbra program (using the cyst to allow frames to move), then there are several of us waiting for new frames that are tired of the space-aids and them appearing on every... single... frame... If we do get the umbra program, let us make the cyst we use be permanent not just a 24 hour buff... 
There's a few other things, but they escape me at the moment. 

Thank you. 

Got a few Empyrean questions, some of which relate to the Liches as well:

1 )  Will we see the old Empyrean Lich system come back? It's the one where the Liches have specializations and kinda look like the Wolf of Saturn Six's aesthetic. I believe that would add quite a bit of replayability to the Empyrean system as well as the Lich system, especially if it can be as random or even more randomized than the current Lich system.

2 )  Will we be able to travel around and do tileset missions as well as Railjack missions from the Railjack?

3 )  Could you all rework the Dojo and Relays so that we could fly in to those with our Railjacks (with new cutscenes and all)?

4 )  Are there plans to offer skins for both the inside and outside of the Railjack? And on that note, when could we see a Prime skin for the Railjack? It's kinda disappointing that this Orokin-era ship isn't Orokin-styled.

5 )  Are there any plans to offer different classes of Railjack?

6 )  Will we be able to customize our crew, including changing their colors, picking their look (Relay personnel, Syndicates, Grineer, Corpus, Ostron, Solaris, etc.) and even giving them armor pieces?

7 )  Have you considered giving players the option to start the game in the Railjack as opposed to the Orbiter?

8 )  Could we get the option to set the Dry Dock as a spawn room for our dojo?

9 )  Will you all improve archwing animations so that archwing flight feels more natural, particularly when turning? Right now, it just feels like we're a static object that's floating instead of flying a propelled craft. Basically, right now, the archwing doesn't turn on a curve like it should.

Just now, GrazeZeroLow said:

1. Tennobaum 2019?

2. Can we solo railjack / Empyrean missions, or no?

3. Do we need a full group / crew, or can we do the new railjack / Empyrean mission with a partner or two other players?

( I just care about naming my railjack, and adding color. )

They mentioned that you can install "auto systems" in the ship if I'm not mistaken. So the side guns will probably fire using A.I. if you're playing solo

Archived