Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #134: Empyrean!

[DE]Rebecca

My first question is is my name too graphic for you guys to say on Devstreams?? 
Second question can we have leaderboard’s for Lich Capture and not through trade

can we hurry up with this drydock update for Consol seeing how it’s not like we get the fly the ship 

dojo architect this is so nerve-racking trying to figure out if I’ll have the space or not

Hi,

I have but a single question concerning Kuva Weapons:

- Will extra copies, with lower bonus then the one I already own ever gonna be worth something? Right now I have half a dozen worthless Kuva weapons in my foundry that took just as long to get then the ones I'm using but are numerically inferior. Will we be able to (for example) sacrifice them to increase the RNG element bonus% of other weapons? Be turned into high amounts of Kuva? Turn into Requiem mods? Because right now I have stopped doing Liches, because ending up with a useless weapon that will take an hour or 2 to get and burn requiem mods is just not fun...

On prior dev streams, the interest in cross progression / cross save has been mentioned a few times. 

Are the current, and future, content updates being created with this in mind, such as universal tags for items available on all platforms, and platform specific tags for things not available everywhere (Obsidian cosmetics for example)? 

Also a general "Ordis believes this is an unstable item from the future" type message for items related to updates that are available on PC, and not yet on consoles. 

Just random thoughts until best girl Prime comes out to occupy my free time with relic cracking.

- Much of the game's main, core content is very old and hasn't been updated since ages. Most if not all "normal" missions (excavation, capture, etc) all play the exact same way across all nodes in the solar system, making the game feel old and battered even right after new content drops. Be reminded that these missions are what players mostly do all the time: sorties are always a mix of those, same goes for arbitrations and void fissures. 

My question is: after Empyrean, will the DE team finally focus on giving a shake up to this rather neglected parts of the game? It's sad to see ages old mechanics still undermining a lot of possibilities within game modes such as Survival. 

- Will you guys add more to game modes such as ESO and Arbitrations? A parkour puzzle into the next portal in ESO would spice things up a lot! 

- Any plans on streamlining how players gain Syndicate standing? The sygil system is cumbersome, outdated and didn't age well... 

- Any plans regarding improving the mission select screen such as adding a search bar? 

Three questions.

1. Will there be an Arsenal in your Railjack to switch in between frames without having to go back? 

2. Will companions get to board ships with us?

3. Will Kavats and Kubrows get their own weapon slots like Robots currently do? There are several damage specific mods now that would be better suited for a separate mod capacity weapon slot. 

what is railjack customization going to look like? will i be able to put down ayatans and domestik drones in it or is it just a paint job and some external parts? i'm really looking forward to it and hoping i can put down my set of fine ostron rugs and second pedestal prime in it. also someone else mentioned it but what happens when the "captain" disconnects?

Many questions and much prodding I'd like to do, but I'll restrict myself to Empyrean, as per OP.

* Does the Tennocon Trailer still have any relevance?

* Re: Squad Link - How populated is PoE outside of eidolons? I love the idea, but I don't think it's viable under the current paradigm.
Further, if a Squad Link mission is ballparked at 5 minutes same as 'standard' missions, what're the ship-side team supposed to be doing while the ground team is putting in their 5 minutes?

* Railjack part 2 is obviously(?) the next up, so is the (current) plan to launch Railjack P3 before or after The New War? Since I've not seen anything to indicate that Railjack will have anything particular to do with TNW.

* I can see the arguments against this, but I'm kind of sad that the Railjack parts weren't made part of the default tiles they're added to - and then removed once you'd salvaged them.

* Given how hugely stat-driven (vs. skill-driven) survivability is in Warframe combat - as illustrated by the flimsiness of all companions with the slight exception of Link Health + Inaros, and which imo is incidentally one of the downfalls of Archwing-proper - how exactly is Railjack combat going to work (without Dev Godmode)?

* Any news on Railjack Crew? Specifically in regards to them being killed by boarders?
Being unable to rely on having a full squad (which I can't) to pilot the railjack, field the attackers, and repel boarders simultaneously on the one hand, and being intended to become invested in my crew, a la X-COM et al. as I assume I am on the other... seems rather contradictory.
On the other hand, given how the Lich system changed, Crew might now be considered churnable red-shirts.
To reiterate: Any news on that front?

Think that's enough for a start.

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

and 2 more Devs from their work PCs!

Now this is potentially very interesting.
Wonder if this sticks around, what wonders we might see.

-----

Re: Old Blood / Liches

As per Devstream 133, I understand that the concept of Kuva Liches has changed.
Fine.
I think that's a shame, but I'll live with it.

What bothers me is the cognitive dissonance that they currently cause, between their title and dialog lines, and the actuality.
We don't kill them zounds of times. We don't even kill them once, until the end. We shank them at the start - which doesn't kill them, and we kill (or convert) them when we have the right runes.
La fin.

So no, they don't suffer repeated dismemberment, let alone courtesy of myself.
I have not 'torn them apart', not even once.
And they've certainly not been 'destroyed and rebuilt so many times that the line between what they were and what they have become' etc.

Rename them to e.g. 'Kuva Juggernauts' (because you can't stop these MFers) or 'Kuva Mostly Immortals' or 'Kuva Kinda Undying' (for obvious reasons), re-do the voice lines to reflect that no, we're not repeatedly killing-and-empowering them, and while I won't be happy with them, they won't bother me (as I'm effectively done with randomly generated Liches).

Also, axe the named weapons.
Liches, as they are, are churn. I've gone through 20 by now, and I remember the names-and-faces of exactly 2.
And with Valence Transfer, you can't even rely on the name to look up the weapon's base bonus anymore.

Ok so I have a few questions :

- Will a player with a constructed railjack be able to invite a player WITHOUT a constructed railjack in his railjack missions ? 

- Was the railjack summoning on orb vallis only for the purpose of tennocon ?

- Steve talked about "connection" will railjack be a close system just like open worlds or will it be possible to do EVERYTHING using railjack ? That would be awesome, heading to fissure missions with railjack etc...

Excited to see what you guys have to show off! I do have a few questions I hope get answered.

• Will we see Kuva Lich encounters like how the one at Tennocon was presented? I.E. having its own ship, fighting them inside said ship, and having different 'classes' of Liches that use different abilities or tech in combat?
    • Is this affected by their leveling and growing a larger following like how it was eluded to in the Tennocon footage? Or will the system stay as it currently is?
  • Are Squad Link missions going to be available for most, if not all mission types that are not Plains/Fortuna? I understand there are Empyrean-specific missions that can use Squad Link, but in missions like Survival, what would the "fellow Tenno operative" be doing?
  • What are the plans for the Orokin towers and derelict facilities we can visit? Is it simply finding rare resources or collectibles, or will they have more story significance?

Thanks again for the updates to the new systems. Hopefully they can continue to be tweaked to provide the best experience possible for everyone!

How are loot drops being handled in railjack missions? If you still have to pick up every item by yourself anyone who sticks with the railjack is going to lose out on a lot of items.

To go with that are Archwings getting an increase to their vacuum? Without one itzal is the only archwing worth using because it easily get 4x the loot.

Are there plans for an advanced flight option that bring back some of the features of experimental flight? The new system is easy to use but flying around like you have noclip on doesn't feel good and limits what you can do.

Is Titania going to get her flight model reverted/reworked? The time it used to take her to accelerate is necessary to make her controllable while sprinting and only being able to shoot freely while you aren't sprinting took away a lot of her survavability.  Razorwing Blitz is now basically mandatory since it's the only way to increase your slow base speed.

Archived