Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Vauban Vs. Toxic Ancients

Boaters

I've been playing Vauban extensively and I have noticed that even after Vortex has been changed to have very little effect on players, people still die rather frequently when they get near one that has had a Toxic Ancient in it.

This leads me to believe that while the Vortex does grab said Ancient and nominally keeps its body in the center, along with its body keeping the cloud animation, the actual poison cloud remains elsewhere. I have tested this by walking around Vortexes with Toxic Ancients both live and dead in them and that seems to be the case, as damage procs some few in-game meters away from the center of my Vortex, as far as its edge even, occasionally. This was tested in an open area, where mobs don't get stuck behind boxes or any such thing - they get sucked straight into the center.

This next bit is a guess, haven't really found a way to test it.

One more thing I've also noticed is that not only does it seem to misplace the animation of the toxic cloud, but also increase its duration. Multiple times have I ventured closer to loot the convenient bunch of drops stacked one upon another after Vortex has disappeared and enough time has passed for all the poison clouds to disappear (at least they usually disappear in under 5 seconds) I still take damage which seems to work like poison, as it goes straight for my health, ignoring the shields.

Edited by Excubiarum

I'm pretty I was experiencing this last night but I couldn't tell where the damage was coming from.  I was taking damage as if from poison cloud, but there was nothing around me, there was a Vauban in the group that was spamming vortex.  I didn't even think of that, good catch.

I'm pretty I was experiencing this last night but I couldn't tell where the damage was coming from.  I was taking damage as if from poison cloud, but there was nothing around me, there was a Vauban in the group that was spamming vortex.  I didn't even think of that, good catch.

you are very pretty :3